1. Mafe C, Menyah E, Nkere M. A proposal for health care management and leadership education within the UK undergraduate medical curriculum. Adv Med Educ Pract. 2016 Feb 12;7:87–9. doi: 10.2147/AMEP.S96781.
2. Rosenman ED, Branzetti JB, Fernandez R, et al. Assessing Team Leadership in Emergency Medicine: The Milestones and Beyond. J Grad Med Educ. 2016 Jul;8(3):332–40.
3. Sitkin, S. B., Lind, E. A., & Siang, S. (2009). The six domains of leadership. Leader to Leader, 2006(S1),. 27–33.
4. LeTourneau B, Curry W. In Search of Physician Leadership. Chicago, Ill: Health Administration Press; 1998.
5. Mipos D. Are all physicians leaders? The opinions of Permanente physician–leaders. Permanente J. Summer 2002;6:55–56.
6. Berwick DM, Nolan TW. Physicians as leaders in improving health care: A new series in Annals of Internal Medicine. Ann Intern Med. 1998;128:289 –292.
7. Fairchild DG, Benjamin EM, Gifford DR, Huot SJ. Physician leadership: Enhancing the career development of academic physician administrators and leaders. Acad Med. 2004; 79:214 –218.
8. Berwick DM, Nolan TW. Physicians as leaders in improving health care: A new series in Annals of Internal Medicine. Ann Intern Med. 1998;128:289 –292.
9. Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. http://www.acgme.org/ acWebsite/home/home.asp. Accessed July 25, 2016.
10. Jardine D, Correa R, Schultz H, et al. The Need for a Leadership Curriculum for Residents. J Grad Med Educ. 2015 Jun;7(2):307–9.
11. Straus SE, Soobiah C, Levinson W. The impact of leadership training programs on physicians in academic medical centers: a systematic review. Acad Med. 2013 May;88(5):710–23. doi: 10.1097/ACM.0b013e31828af493.
12. Frich JC, Brewster AL, Cherlin EJ, et al. Leadership development programs for physicians: a systematic review. J Gen Intern Med. 2015 May;30(5):656–74. doi: 10.1007/s11606–014–3141–1.
13. Sadowski B, Cantrell S, Barelski A, et al. Leadership Training in Graduate Medical Education: A Systematic Review. J Grad Med Educ. 2018 Apr;10(2):134–148.
14. Ackerly DC, Sangvai DG, Udayakumar K, et al. Training the next generation of physician-executives: an innovative residency pathway in management and leadership. Acad Med. 2011 May;86(5):575–9.
15. Babitch LA. Teaching practice management skills to pediatric residents. Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2006 Nov;45(9):846–9.
16. Whitman N. A management skills workshop for chief residents. J Med Educ. 1988 Jun;63(6):442–6.
17. Awad SS, Hayley B, Fagan SP, et al. The impact of a novel resident leadership training curriculum. Am J Surg. 2004 Nov;188(5):481–4.
18. Brandon CJ, Mullan PB. Teaching medical management and operations engineering for systems-based practice to radiology residents. Acad Radiol. 2013 Mar;20(3):345–50. doi: 10.1016/j.acra.2012.09.025.
19. Crites GE, Schuster RJ. A preliminary report of an educational intervention in practice management. BMC Med Educ. 2004 Sep 20;4:15.
20. Hemer PR, Karon BS, Hernandez JS, et al. Leadership and management training for residents and fellows: a curriculum for future medical directors. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2007 Apr;131(4):610–4.
21. Kuo AK, Thyne SM, Chen HC, et al. An innovative residency program designed to develop leaders to improve the health of children. Acad Med. 2010 Oct;85(10):1603–8.
22. Pettit JE, Dahdaleh NS, Albert GW, et al. Neurosurgery resident leadership development: an innovative approach. Neurosurgery. 2011 Feb;68(2):546–50; discussion 550.
23. Doughty RA, Williams PD, Seashore CN. Chief resident training. Developing leadership skills for future medical leaders. Am J Dis Child. 1991 Jun;145(6):639–42.
24. Evans DV, Egnew TR. Outdoor-based leadership training and group development of family practice interns. Fam Med. 1997 Jul-Aug;29(7):471–6.
25. Stergiopoulos V, Maggi J, Sockalingam S. Teaching the physician-manager role to psychiatric residents: development and implementation of a pilot curriculum. Acad Psychiatry. 2009 Mar-Apr;33(2):125–30.
26. Mygdal WK, Monteiro M, Hitchcock M, et al. Outcomes of the first Family Practice Chief Resident Leadership Conference. Fam Med. 1991 May-Jun;23(4):308–10.
27. Wipf JE, Pinsky LE, Burke W. Turning interns into senior residents: preparing residents for their teaching and leadership roles. Acad Med. 1995 Jul;70(7):591–6.
28. Lee MT, Tse AM, Naguwa GS. Building leadership skills in paediatric residents. Med Educ. 2004 May;38(5):559–60.
29. Stoller JK, Rose M, Lee R, et al. Teambuilding and leadership training in an internal medicine residency training program. J Gen Intern Med. 2004 Jun;19(6):692–7.
30. Cole DC, Giordano CR, Vasilopoulos T, et al. Resident Physicians Improve Nontechnical Skills When on Operating Room Management and Leadership Rotation. Anesth Analg. 2017 Jan;124(1):300–307.
31. Hill DA, Jimenez JC, Cohn SM, et al. How To Be a Leader: A Course for Residents. Cureus. 2018 Jul 30;10(7):e3067.
32. Itri JN, Yacob S, Mithqal A. Teaching Communication Skills to Radiology Residents. Curr Probl Diagn Radiol. 2017 Sep - Oct;46(5):377–381.