1. report. W. http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs318/en. . 2015.
2. Vos T, Abajobir AA, Abate KH, Abbafati C, Abbas KM, Abd-Allah F, et al. Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and years lived with disability for 328 diseases and injuries for 195 countries, 1990–2016: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016. The Lancet. 2017;390(10100):1211-59.
3. Dawkins E, Michimi A, Ellis-Griffith G, Peterson T, Carter D, English G. Dental caries among children visiting a mobile dental clinic in South Central Kentucky: a pooled cross-sectional study. BMC Oral Health. 2013;13(1):19.
4. Abanto J, Paiva SM, Raggio DP, Celiberti P, Aldrigui JM, Bönecker M. The impact of dental caries and trauma in children on family quality of life. Community Dentistry and oral epidemiology. 2012;40(4):323-31.
5. Damyanov ND, Witter DJ, Bronkhorst EM, Creugers NH. Dental status and associated factors in a dentate adult population in Bulgaria: a cross-sectional survey. International journal of dentistry. 2012;2012.
6. Adulyanon S, Sheiham A. Oral impacts on daily performances. Measuring oral health and quality of life. 1997;151:160.
7. Moses J, Rangeeth B, Gurunathan D. Prevalence of dental caries, socio-economic status and treatment needs among 5 to 15 year old school going children of Chidambaram. J Clin Diagn Res. 2011;5(1):146-51.
8. Zhang S, Liu J, Lo EC, Chu C-H. Dental caries status of Bulang preschool children in Southwest China. BMC Oral Health. 2014;14(1):16.
9. e Franco F, Costa TC, Amoroso P, Marin JM, Ávila FAd. Detection of Streptococcus mutans and Streptococcus sobrinus in dental plaque samples from Brazilian preschool children by polymerase chain reaction. Brazilian dental journal. 2007;18(4):329-33.
10. GarcIa-Closas R, GarcIa-Closas M, Serra-Majem L. A cross-sectional study of dental caries, intake of confectionery and foods rich in starch and sugars, and salivary counts of Streptococcus mutans in children in Spain. The American journal of clinical nutrition. 1997;66(5):1257-63.
11. AV. R. Dental caries talking with Patients. J EsthetRestor Dent. 2004;;16:76.
12. Brodeur J-M, Galarneau C. The high incidence of early childhood caries in kindergarten-age children. J College of Dentists of Quebec. 2006.
13. Hallett KB, O'Rourke PK. Pattern and severity of early childhood caries. Community dentistry and oral epidemiology. 2006;34(1):25-35.
14. Pitts N, Chestnutt I, Evans D, White D, Chadwick B, Steele J. 1 Verifiable CPD Paper: The dentinal caries experience of children in the United Kingdom, 2003. British dental journal. 2006;200(6):313.
15. Hugoson A, Koch G. Thirty year trends in the prevalence and distribution of dental caries in Swedish adults (1973-2003). Swed Dent J. 2008;32(2):57-67.
16. Wyne A. Caries prevalence, severity, and pattern in preschool children. The journal of contemporary dental practice. 2008;9(3):24-31.
17. ASKARZADEH N, Siyonat P. The prevalence and pattern of nursing caries in preschool children of. J Indian Soc Ped Prev Dent September. 2004;22(3):92-5.
18. Begzati A, Meqa K, Siegenthaler D, Berisha M, Mautsch W. Dental health evaluation of children in Kosovo. European journal of dentistry. 2011;5(1):32.
19. Prismasari S, Thitasomakul S. Factors Associated with Dental Caries of Permanent First Molars among Thai Primary Schoolchildren. Walailak Journal of Science and Technology (WJST). 2018;16(8):535-43.
20. Zhou N, Zhu H, Chen Y, Jiang W, Lin X, Tu Y, et al. Dental caries and associated factors in 3 to 5-year-old children in Zhejiang Province, China: an epidemiological survey. BMC oral health. 2019;19(1):9.
21. Maj Saravanan S, Lokesh S, Polepalle T, Shewale A. Prevalence, severity and associated factors of dental caries in 3-6 year old children–A cross sectional study. International Journal. 2014;2(6A):5-11.
22. Farooqi FA, Khabeer A, Moheet IA, Khan SQ, Farooq I. Prevalence of dental caries in primary and permanent teeth and its relation with tooth brushing habits among schoolchildren in Eastern Saudi Arabia. Saudi medical journal. 2015;36(6):737.
23. Udoye C, Aguwa E, Chikezie R, Ezeokenwa M, Jerry-Oji O, Okpaji C. Prevalence and distribution of caries in the 12-15 year urban school children in Enugu, Nigeria. Internet J Dent Sci. 2009;7(10.5580).
24. Eigbobo JO, Alade G. Dental caries experience in primary school pupils in Port Harcourt, Nigeria. Sahel Medical Journal. 2017;20(4):179.
25. Kassim B, Noor M, Chindia M. Oral health status among Kenyans in a rural arid setting: dental caries experience and knowledge on its causes. East African medical journal. 2006;83(2):100-5.
26. Nurelhuda NM, Trovik TA, Ali RW, Ahmed MF. Oral health status of 12-year-old school children in Khartoum state, the Sudan; a school-based survey. BMC oral health. 2009;9(1):15.
27. Mulu W, Demilie T, Yimer M, Meshesha K, Abera B. Dental caries and associated factors among primary school children in Bahir Dar city: a cross-sectional study. BMC research notes. 2014;7(1):949.
28. Berhane HY, Worku A. Oral health of young adolescents in Addis Ababa—a community-based study. Open Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2014;4(08):640.
29. Ayele FA, Taye BW, Ayele TA, Gelaye KA. Predictors of dental caries among children 7–14 years old in Northwest Ethiopia: a community based cross-sectional study. BMC Oral Health. 2013;13(1):7.
30. Teshome A, Yitayeh A, Gizachew M. Prevalence of Dental Caries and Associated Factors Among Finote Selam Primary School Students Aged 12–20 years, Finote Selam Town, Ethiopia. Age. 2016;12(14):15-7.
31. Okoye L, Ekwueme O. Prevalence of dental caries in a Nigerian rural community: A preliminary local survey. Annals of medical and health sciences research. 2011;1(2):187-96.
32. Petersen PE. Improvement of global oral health-the leadership role of the World Health Organization. Community Dent Health. 2010;27(4):194-8.
33. Punitha V, Amudhan A, Sivaprakasam P, Rathanaprabu V. Role of dietary habits and diet in caries occurrence and severity among urban adolescent school children. Journal of pharmacy & bioallied sciences. 2015;7(Suppl 1):S296.
34. Leme AP, Koo H, Bellato C, Bedi G, Cury J. The role of sucrose in cariogenic dental biofilm formation—new insight. Journal of dental research. 2006;85(10):878-87.
35. comition DBtAp. Debre Berhan town, Annual report of Debre Birhan town Administration plan comition .Amhara Region, Ethiopia:. 2018.
36. bureau DBtAe. Annual registration of Debre Birhan town Administration education bureau .Amhara Region, Ethiopia. . 2018.
37. Oliveira ER, Narendran S, Williamson D. Oral health knowledge, attitudes and preventive practices of third grade school children. Pediatric dentistry. 2000;22(5):395-400.
38. Organization WH. World Health Organization Oral Health Surveys–Basic Methods. Geneva: World Health Organization. 1997.
39. Mafuvadze BT, Mahachi L, Mafuvadze B. Dental caries and oral health practice among 12 year old school children from low socio-economic status background in Zimbabwe. The Pan African Medical Journal. 2013;14.
40. Wandera M, Twa-Twa J. Baseline survey of oral health of primary and secondary school pupils in Uganda. African health sciences. 2003;3(1):19-22.