1. Frances A, Pincus HA, First M: Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders: DSM-IV: American Psychiatric Association Washington DC; 1994.
2. Organization WH: ICD-10: International statistical classification of diseases and health-related problems. Geneva: WHO 1992.
3. Wright JJ, Oâ€™Connor KM: Female sexual dysfunction. Medical Clinics, 99(3):607-628.
4. Basson R, Berman J, Burnett A, Derogatis L, Ferguson D, Fourcroy J, Goldstein I, Graziottin A, Heiman J, Laan E: Report of the international consensus development conference on female sexual dysfunction: definitions and classifications. The Journal of urology 2000, 163(3):888-893.
5. Doruk H, Akbay E, Cayan S, Bozlu M, Acar D: Effect of diabetes mellitus on female sexual function and risk factors. Archives of andrology 2005, 51(1):1-6.
6. Grimm Jr RH, Grandits GA, Prineas RJ, McDonald RH, Lewis CE, Flack JM, Yunis C, Svendsen K, Liebson PR, Elmer PJ: Long-term effects on sexual function of five antihypertensive drugs and nutritional hygienic treatment in hypertensive men and women: Treatment of Mild Hypertension Study (TOMHS). Hypertension 1997, 29(1):8-14.
7. Briere J, Elliott DM: Prevalence and psychological sequelae of self-reported childhood physical and sexual abuse in a general population sample of men and women. Child abuse & neglect 2003, 27(10):1205-1222.
8. Dunn KM, Croft PR, Hackett GI: Association of sexual problems with social, psychological, and physical problems in men and women: a cross sectional population survey. Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health 1999, 53(3):144-148.
9. Hayes RD, Dennerstein L, Bennett CM, Sidat M, Gurrin LC, Fairley CK: Risk factors for female sexual dysfunction in the general population: Exploring factors associated with low sexual function and sexual distress. The journal of sexual medicine 2008, 5(7):1681-1693.
10. Bancroft J: Sexual effects of androgens in women: some theoretical considerations. Fertility and Sterility 2002, 77:55-59.
11. Higgins A, Nash M, Lynch AM: Antidepressant-associated sexual dysfunction: impact, effects, and treatment. Drug, healthcare and patient safety, 2:141.
12. Laumann EO, Paik A, Rosen RC: Sexual dysfunction in the United States: prevalence and predictors. Jama 1999, 281(6):537-544.
13. Vroege JA, Gijs L, Hengeveld MW: Classification of sexual dysfunctions: towards DSM-V and ICD-11. Comprehensive psychiatry 1998, 39(6):333-337.
14. Amidu N, Owiredu WK, Woode E, Addai-Mensah O, Quaye L, Alhassan A, Tagoe EA: Incidence of sexual dysfunction: a prospective survey in Ghanaian females. Reproductive Biology and Endocrinology, 8(1):106.
15. Safarinejad M: Female sexual dysfunction in a population-based study in Iran: prevalence and associated risk factors. International Journal of Impotence Research 2006, 18(4):382.
16. Trudel G: Sexuality and marital life: Results of a survey. Journal of Sex &Marital Therapy 2002, 28(3):229-249.
17. Witting K, Santtila P, Alanko K, Harlaar N, Jern P, Johansson A, Von Der Pahlen B, Varjonen M, Ã…lgars M, Sandnabba NK: Female sexual function and its associations with number of children, pregnancy, and relationship satisfaction. Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy 2008, 34(2):89-106.
18. Lewis RW, Fuglâ€Meyer KS, Bosch R, Fuglâ€Meyer AR, Laumann EO, Lizza E, Martinâ€Morales A: Epidemiology/risk factors of sexual dysfunction. The journal of sexual medicine 2004, 1(1):35-39.
19. Seid A, Gerensea H, Tarko S, Zenebe Y, Mezemir R: Prevalence and determinants of erectile dysfunction among diabetic patients attending in hospitals of central and northwestern zone of Tigray, northern Ethiopia: a cross-sectional study. BMC endocrine disorders, 17(1):16.
20. Bancroft J: The medicalization of female sexual dysfunction: The need for caution. Archives of sexual behavior 2002, 31(5):451-455.
21. Osborn M, Hawton K, Gath D: Sexual dysfunction among middle aged women in the community. Br Med J (Clin Res Ed) 1988, 296(6627):959-962.
22. Ponholzer A, Roehlich M, Racz U, Temml C, Madersbacher S: Female sexual dysfunction in a healthy Austrian cohort: prevalence and risk factors. European urology 2005, 47(3):366-375.
23. Oksuz E, Malhan S: Prevalence and risk factors for female sexual dysfunction in Turkish women. The Journal of urology 2006, 175(2):654-658.
24. Abdo CHN, Oliveira Jr W, Moreira Jr ED, Fittipaldi JoAnS: Prevalence of sexual dysfunctions and correlated conditions in a sample of Brazilian womenâ€”results of the Brazilian study on sexual behavior (BSSB). International Journal of Impotence Research 2004, 16(2):160.
25. Echeverry MC, Arango A, Castro B, Raigosa G: Study of the prevalence of female sexual dysfunction in sexually active women 18 to 40 years of age in Medellin, Colombia. The journal of sexual medicine, 7(8):2663-2669.
26. Song SH, Jeon H, Kim SW, Paick JS, Son H: The prevalence and risk factors of female sexual dysfunction in young Korean women: An internetâ€based survey. The journal of sexual medicine 2008, 5(7):1694-1701.
27. Ma J, Pan L, Lei Y, Zhang A, Kan Y: Prevalence of female sexual dysfunction in urban chinese women based on cutoff scores of the Chinese version of the female sexual function index: a preliminary study. The journal of sexual medicine, 11(4):909-919.
28. Zhang H, Yip PS: Female sexual dysfunction among young and middleâ€aged women in Hong Kong: Prevalence and risk factors. The journal of sexual medicine, 9(11):2911-2918.
29. Goshtasebi A, Vahdaninia M, Rahimi Foroshani A: Prevalence and potential risk factors of female sexual difficulties: An urban Iranian populationâ€based study. The journal of sexual medicine 2009, 6(11):2988-2996.
30. Elnashar A, Elâ€Dien Ibrahim M, Elâ€Desoky M, Ali O, Elâ€Sayd Mohamed Hassan M: Female sexual dysfunction in Lower Egypt. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology 2007, 114(2):201-206.
31. Wiegel M, Meston C, Rosen R: The female sexual function index (FSFI): cross-validation and development of clinical cutoff scores. Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy 2005, 31(1):1-20.
32. Organization WH: International travel and health: situation as on 1 January 2010: World Health Organization.
33. Humeniuk R, Ali R, Babor TF, Farrell M, Formigoni ML, Jittiwutikarn J, De Lacerda RB, Ling W, Marsden J, Monteiro M: Validation of the alcohol, smoking and substance involvement screening test (ASSIST). Addiction 2008, 103(6):1039-1047.
34. Abiola T, Udofia O, Zakari M: Psychometric properties of the 3-item oslo social support scale among clinical students of Bayero University Kano, Nigeria. Malaysian Journal of Psychiatry, 22(2):32-41.
35. Goodman N, Cobin R, Ginzburg S, Katz I, Woode D: American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists medical guidelines for clinical practice for the diagnosis and treatment of menopause. Endocrine practice, 17(Supplement 6):1-25.
36. Lasa L, Ayuso-Mateos J, Vazquez-Barquero J, DÄ±ez-Manrique F, Dowrick C: The use of the Beck Depression Inventory to screen for depression in the general population: a preliminary analysis. Journal of affective disorders 2000, 57(1-3):261-265.
37. Andrews G, Slade T: Interpreting scores on the Kessler psychological distress scale (K10). Australian and New Zealand journal of public health 2001, 25(6):494-497.