1. Siegel RL, Miller KD, Jemal A. Cancer Statistics, 2017. CA Cancer J Clin. 2017;67:7-30.
2. Liu KJ, Wu HY. A retrospective analysis of cisplatin, pemetrexed, and bevacizumab in previously treated non-small-cell lung cancer. Oncotarget. 2015 Sep 8;6(26):22750-7.
3. Chen F, Cole P, Bina WF. Time trend and geographic patterns of lung adenocarcinoma in the united states, 1973-2002. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2007;16:2724-2729.
4. Rosell R, Carcereny E, Gervais R, et al, on behalf of the Spanish Lung Cancer Group in collaboration with the Groupe Français de Pneumo-Cancérologie and the Associazione Italiana Oncologia Toracica. Erlotinib versus standard chemotherapy as first-line treatment for European patients with advanced EGFR mutation-positive non-small-cell lung cancer (EURTAC): a multicentre, open-label, randomised phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol 2012; 13: 239-46.
5. Shigematsu H, Lin L, Takahashi T, et al. Clinical and biological features associated with epidermal growth factor receptor gene mutations in lung cancers. J Natl Cancer Inst 2005; 97: 339-46.
6. Gomes M, Teixeira AL, Coelho A, Araújo A, Medeiros R. The role of inflammation in lung cancer. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2014;816:1-23.
7. Shiels MS, Pfeiffer RM, Hildesheim A, Engels EA, Kemp TJ, Park JH, Katki HA, Koshiol J, Shelton G, Caporaso NE, Pinto LA, Chaturvedi AK. Circulating inflammation markers and prospective risk for lung cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2013;105:1871-80.
8. Mantovani A, Allavena P, Sica A, Balkwill F. Cancer-related inflammation. Nature. 2008; 454:436-44.
9. Zhang WW, Liu KJ, Hu GL, Liang WJ. Preoperative platelet/lymphocyte ratio is a superior prognostic factor compared to othersystemic inflammatory response markers in ovarian cancer patients. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:8831-7.
10. Zhang WW, Liu KJ, Ye B, Liang WJ, Ren YZ. Pretreatment C-reactive protein/albumin ratio is associated with poor survival in patients with stage IB-IIA cervical cancer. Cancer Med. 2018;7:105-113.
11. Gonzalez Barcala FJ, Garcia Prim JM. Platelet count: association with prognosis in lung cancer. Med Oncol. 2010; 27: 357-62.
12. Aoe K, Hiraki A, Ueoka H. Thrombocytosis as a useful prognostic indicator in patients with lung cancer. Respiration. 2004; 71: 170-3.
13. Smith RA, Ghaneh P, Sutton R, Raraty M, Campbell F, Neoptolemos JP. Prognosis of resected ampullary adenocarcinoma by preoperative serum CA19-9 levels and platelet-lymphocyte ratio. J Gastrointest Surg. 2008;12:1422-8.
14. Wang D, Yang JX, Cao DY, Wan XR, Feng FZ, Huang HF, Shen K, Xiang Y. Preoperative neutrophil-lymphocyte and platelet-lymphocyte ratios as independent predictors of cervical stromal involvement in surgically treated endometrioid adenocarcinoma. Onco Targets Ther. 2013;6:211-6.
15. Guthrie GJ, Charles KA, Roxburgh CS, Horgan PG, McMillan DC, Clarke SJ. The systemic inflammation-based neutrophil-lymphocyte ratio: experience in patients with cancer. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2013;88:218-30.
16. Templeton AJ, Ace O, McNamara MG, Al-Mubarak M, Vera-Badillo FE, Hermanns T, Seruga B, Ocaña A, Tannock IF, Amir E. Prognostic role of platelet to lymphocyte ratio in solid tumors: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2014;23:1204-12.
17. Unal D, Eroglu C, Kurtul N, Oguz A, Tasdemir A. Are neutrophil/lymphocyte and platelet/lymphocyte rates in patients with non-small cell lungcancer associated with treatment response and prognosis? Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2013;14:5237-42.
18. Diem S, Schmid S, Krapf M, Flatz L, Born D, Jochum W, Templeton AJ, Früh M. Neutrophil-to-Lymphocyte ratio (NLR) and Platelet-to-Lymphocyte ratio (PLR) as prognosticmarkers in patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) treated with nivolumab. Lung Cancer. 2017;111:176-181.
19. Perez-Soler R, Chachoua A, Hammond LA, Rowinsky EK, Huberman M, Karp D, Rigas J, Clark GM, Santabárbara P, Bonomi P. Determinants of tumor response and survival with erlotinib in patients with non--small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22:3238-3247.
20. Kris MG, Natale RB, Herbst RS, Lynch TJ Jr, Prager D, Belani CP, Schiller JH, Kelly K, Spiridonidis H, Sandler A, Albain KS, Cella D, Wolf MK, Averbuch SD, Ochs JJ, Kay AC. Efficacy of gefitinib, an inhibitor of the epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase, in symptomatic patients with non-small cell lung cancer: a randomized trial. JAMA. 2003; 290:2149-2158.
21. Burotto M, Manasanch EE, Wilkerson J, Fojo T. Gefitinib and erlotinib in metastatic non-small cell lung cancer: a meta-analysis of toxicity and efficacy of randomized clinical trials. Oncologist. 2015;20(4):400-10.
22. Shi YK, Zhang L, Liu XQ, Zhou CC, Zhang L, Zhang SC, Wang D, Li Q, Qin SK, Hu CH, Zhang YP, Chen JH, Cheng Y, Feng JF, Zhang HL, Song Y, Wu YL, Xu N, Zhou JY, Luo RC, Bai CX, Jin YN, Liu WC, Wei ZH, Tan FL, Wang YX, Ding LM, Dai H, Jiao SC, Wang J, Liang L, Zhang WM, Sun Y. Icotinib versus gefitinib in previously treated advanced non-small-cell lung cancer (ICOGEN): a randomised, double-blind phase 3 non-inferiority trial. Lancet Oncol. 2013;14(10):953-61.