1. Scarborough JE, Mantyh CR, Sun Z, Migaly J. Combined mechanical and oral antibiotic bowel preparation reduces incisional surgical site infection and anastomotic leak rates after elective colorectal resection: An analysis of colectomy-targeted ACS NSQIP. Annals of Surgery. 2015;262:331–7.
2. Hidaka E, Ishida F, Mukai S, Nakahara K, Takayanagi D, Maeda C, et al. Efficacy of transanal tube for prevention of anastomotic leakage following laparoscopic low anterior resection for rectal cancers: a retrospective cohort study in a single institution. Surgical Endoscopy. 2015;29:863–7.
3. Shen R, Zhang Y, Wang T. Indocyanine green fluorescence angiography and the incidence of anastomotic leak after colorectal resection for colorectal cancer: A meta-analysis. Diseases of the Colon and Rectum. 2018;61:1228–34.
5. Kaidar-Person O, Person B, Wexner SD. Complications of construction and closure of temporary loop ileostomy. Journal of the American College of Surgeons. 2005;201:759–73.
6. Qu H, Liu Y, Bi D song. Clinical risk factors for anastomotic leakage after laparoscopic anterior resection for rectal cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Surgical Endoscopy. 2015;29:3608–17.
7. Garfinkle R, Filion KB, Bhatnagar S, Sigler G, Banks A, Letarte F, et al. Prediction model and web-based risk calculator for postoperative ileus after loop ileostomy closure. British Journal of Surgery. 2019;106:1676–84.
8. Aktaş A, Kayaalp C, Ateş M, Dirican A. Risk factors for postoperative ileus following loop ileostomy closure. Turkish Journal of Surgery. 2020;36:333–9.
9. Man VCM, Choi HK, Law WL, Foo DCC. Morbidities after closure of ileostomy: analysis of risk factors. International Journal of Colorectal Disease. 2016;31:51–7.
10. Mansfield SD, Jensen C, Phair AS, Kelly OT, Kelly SB. Complications of loop ileostomy closure: A retrospective cohort analysis of 123 patients. World Journal of Surgery. 2008;32:2101–6.
11. Kanda Y. Investigation of the freely available easy-to-use software “EZR” for medical statistics. Bone Marrow Transplantation. 2013;48:452–8.
12. Bragg D, El-Sharkawy AM, Psaltis E, Maxwell-Armstrong CA, Lobo DN. Postoperative ileus: Recent developments in pathophysiology and management. Clinical Nutrition. 2015;34:367–76.
13. Wang L, Chen X, Liao C, Wu Q, Luo H, Yi F, et al. Early versus late closure of temporary ileostomy after rectal cancer surgery: a meta-analysis. Surgery Today. 2021;51:463–71.
14. Farag S, Rehman S, Sains P, Baig MK, Sajid MS. Early vs delayed closure of loop defunctioning ileostomy in patients undergoing distal colorectal resections: an integrated systematic review and meta-analysis of published randomized controlled trials. Colorectal Disease. 2017;19:1050–7.
15. Madani R, Day N, Kumar L, Tilney HS, Gudgeon AM. Hand-Sewn versus Stapled Closure of Loop Ileostomy: A Meta-Analysis. Digestive Surgery. 2019;36:183–94.