1. Siegel RL, Miller KD, Jemal A: Cancer statistics, 2016. CA: a cancer journal for clinicians 2016, 66(1):7-30.
2. Bondy ML, Scheurer ME, Malmer B, Barnholtz-Sloan JS, Davis FG, Il'yasova D, Kruchko C, McCarthy BJ, Rajaraman P, Schwartzbaum JA et al: Brain tumor epidemiology: consensus from the Brain Tumor Epidemiology Consortium. Cancer 2008, 113(7 Suppl):1953-1968.
3. Ahmad Z, Idress R, Fatima S, Uddin N, Ahmed A, Minhas K, Memon A, Fatima SS, Arif M, Hasan SH: Commonest cancers in Pakistan-findings and histopathological perspective from a premier surgical pathology center in Pakistan. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2016, 17(3):1061.
4. Sarwar MR, Saqib A: Cancer prevalence, incidence and mortality rates in Pakistan in 2012. Cogent Medicine 2017, 4(1):1288773.
5. Goebel S, Stark AM, Kaup L, von Harscher M, Mehdorn HM: Distress in patients with newly diagnosed brain tumours. Psycho-oncology 2011, 20(6):623-630.
6. Randazzo D, Peters KB: Psychosocial distress and its effects on the health-related quality of life of primary brain tumor patients. CNS Oncol 2016, 5(4):241-249.
7. Liu R, Page M, Solheim K, Fox S, Chang SM: Quality of life in adults with brain tumors: current knowledge and future directions. Neuro Oncol 2009, 11(3):330-339.
8. Pelletier G, Verhoef MJ, Khatri N, Hagen N: Quality of life in brain tumor patients: the relative contributions of depression, fatigue, emotional distress, and existential issues. Journal of neuro-oncology 2002, 57(1):41-49.
9. Liang S-Y, Liu H-C, Lu Y-Y, Wu S-F, Chien C-H, Tsay S-L: The Influence of Resilience on the Coping Strategies in Patients with Primary Brain Tumors. Asian Nursing Research 2020, 14(1):50-55.
10. Zahid N, Khalid W, Ahmad K, Bhamani SS, Azam I, Asad N, Jabbar AA, Khan M, Enam A: Resilience and quality of life (QoL) of head and neck cancer and brain tumour survivors in Pakistan: an analytical cross-sectional study protocol. BMJ Open 2019, 9(9):e029084.
11. Zdun-Ryżewska A, Basiński K, Majkowicz M, Podolska M, Landowski J, Walden-Gałuszko K: Association between social support and quality of life in patients with affective disorders. The European Journal of Psychiatry 2018, 32(3):132-138.
12. Köhler M, Steinmann E, Maximilian Mehdorn H, Pedersen A, Goebel S: The importance of social relationships for brain tumor patients' quality of life: A case for the inclusion of the concept of disclosure in psycho-oncological care. Journal of psychosocial oncology 2020, 38(3):310-327.
13. Bampoe J, Ritvo P, Bernstein M: Quality of life in patients with brain tumor: what's relevant in our quest for therapeutic efficacy. Neurosurgical focus 1998, 4(6):E8.
14. Jalali R, Dutta D: Factors influencing quality of life in adult patients with primary brain tumors. Neuro-Oncology 2012, 14(suppl_4):iv8-iv16.
15. Aaronson NK, Ahmedzai S, Bergman B, Bullinger M, Cull A, Duez NJ, Filiberti A, Flechtner H, Fleishman SB, de Haes JC: The European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer QLQ-C30: a quality-of-life instrument for use in international clinical trials in oncology. JNCI: Journal of the National Cancer Institute 1993, 85(5):365-376.
16. Taphoorn MJ, Claassens L, Aaronson NK, Coens C, Mauer M, Osoba D, Stupp R, Mirimanoff RO, van den Bent MJ, Bottomley A: An international validation study of the EORTC brain cancer module (EORTC QLQ-BN20) for assessing health-related quality of life and symptoms in brain cancer patients. European Journal of Cancer 2010, 46(6):1033-1040.
17. Bergqvist J, Iderberg H, Mesterton J, Bengtsson N, Wettermark B, Henriksson R: Healthcare resource use, comorbidity, treatment and clinical outcomes for patients with primary intracranial tumors: a Swedish population-based register study. Acta Oncologica 2017, 56(3):405-414.
18. Cull A, Sprangers M, Aaronson N: EORTC quality of life study group translation procedure (Internal report). Brussels: EORTC Quality of Life Study Group 1994.
19. Zahid N, Martins RS, Zahid W, Khalid W, Azam I, Bhamani SS, Asad N, Ahmad K, Jabbar AA, Shamim MS: Translation and validation of the Urdu version of the European organization for research and treatment of cancer core quality of life questionnaire (EORTC QLQ-C30) and brain module (QLQ-BN20) in primary brain tumor patients. Journal of patient-reported outcomes 2021, 5(1):1-12.
20. Wagnild GM: The resilience scale user's guide: For the US English version of the Resilience Scale and the 14-item Resilience Scale (RS-14): Resilience center; 2011.
21. Zahid N, Martins RS, Zahid W, Khalid W, Azam I, Bhamani SS, Ahmad K, Jabbar A, Shamim MS, Khan RJ: Resilience and its associated factors in brain tumor patients in Karachi, Pakistan: An analytical cross‐sectional study. Psycho‐Oncology 2021, 30(6):882-891.
22. Mumford D, Tareen I, Bajwa M, Bhatti M, Karim R: The translation and evaluation of an Urdu version of the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica 1991, 83(2):81-85.
23. Khalid W, Rozi S, Ali TS, Azam I, Mullen MT, Illyas S, Soomro N, Kamal AK: Quality of life after stroke in Pakistan. BMC neurology 2016, 16(1):1-12.
24. Zahid N, Martins RS, Zahid W, Khalid W, Azam I, Bhamani SS, Ahmad K, Jabbar A, Shamim MS, Khan RJ: Resilience and its associated factors in brain tumor patients in Karachi, Pakistan: An analytical cross‐sectional study. Psycho‐Oncology 2021.
25. Chiu L, Chiu N, Zeng L, Zhang L, Popovic M, Chow R, Lam H, Poon M, Chow E: Quality of life in patients with primary and metastatic brain cancer as reported in the literature using the EORTC QLQ-BN20 and QLQ-C30. Expert Review of Pharmacoeconomics & Outcomes Research 2012, 12(6):831-837.
26. Trevisol DJ, Moreira LB, Fuchs FD, Fuchs SC: Health-related quality of life is worse in individuals with hypertension under drug treatment: results of population-based study. Journal of Human Hypertension 2012, 26(6):374-380.
27. Abiola OO, Ogunwobi O, Oyeronke T, Ayeni S, Segun O: Quality of life and prevalence of depressive symptoms among patients on prolonged indwelling urinary catheters: A study from South west, Nigeria. International Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences 2016, 8:96-104.
28. Zhang Y, Ou F, Gao S, Gao Q, Hu L, Liu Y: Effect of low income on health-related quality of life: a cross-sectional study in northeast China. Asia-Pacific journal of public health 2015, 27(2):NP1013-1025.
29. Pan C-J, Liu H-C, Liang S-Y, Liu C-Y, Wu W-W, Cheng S-F: Resilience and Coping Strategies Influencing the Quality of Life in Patients With Brain Tumor. Clinical Nursing Research 2017, 28(1):107-124.
30. Troschel FM, Ahndorf F, Wille L-M, Brandt R, Jost J, Rekowski S, Eich HT, Stummer W, Wiewrodt R, Jetschke K et al: Quality of Life in Brain Tumor Patients and Their Relatives Heavily Depends on Social Support Factors during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Cancers 2021, 13(6):1276.
31. Srivastava S, Bhatia MS, Gaur A, Singh G: Psychiatric and cognitive correlates of quality of life among persons with primary brain tumors. Ind Psychiatry J 2019, 28(1):141-147.