1. Kluge E-HW. Resource Allocation in Healthcare: Implications of Models of Medicine as a Profession. Medscape Gen Med. 2007 Mar 21;9(1):57.
2. Porter TM. The Rise of Statistical Thinking, 1820-1900. Reprint edition. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press; 1988. 348 p.
3. Berestova AV, Orlov SA, Gorenkov RV, Starostin VP. Ethics in medical decision making: an intercultural outlook. Utopía Prax Latinoam. 2019 Dec 8;24:144–51.
4. Board on Population Health and Public Health Practice, Institute of Medicine. Culture as a Social Determinant of Health [Internet]. Leveraging Culture to Address Health Inequalities: Examples from Native Communities: Workshop Summary. National Academies Press (US); 2013 [cited 2021 Aug 6]. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK201298/
5. Conrad P, Barker KK. The Social Construction of Illness: Key Insights and Policy Implications. J Health Soc Behav. 2010 Mar 1;51(1_suppl):S67–79.
6. Gregory R, Slovic P, Flynn J. Risk perceptions, stigma, and health policy. Health Place. 1996 Dec 1;2(4):213–20.
7. Europe WHORO for, Policies EO on HS and, Marchildon GP, Allin S, Merkur S. Canada: Health system review. Health Syst Transit [Internet]. 2020 [cited 2021 Aug 7];22(3). Available from: https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/336311
8. Banuri S, Dercon S, Gauri V. Biased Policy Professionals. World Bank Econ Rev. 2019 Jun 1;33(2):310–27.
9. Fassin D. Public health as culture. The social construction of the childhood lead poisoning epidemic in France. Br Med Bull. 2004 Jun 1;69(1):167–77.
10. FitzGerald C, Hurst S. Implicit bias in healthcare professionals: a systematic review. BMC Med Ethics. 2017 Mar 1;18:19.
11. Daniels N. Resource Allocation and Priority Setting. In: H. Barrett D, W. Ortmann L, Dawson A, Saenz C, Reis A, Bolan G, editors. Public Health Ethics: Cases Spanning the Globe [Internet]. Cham (CH): Springer; 2016 [cited 2021 Aug 6]. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK435786/
12. McCaughey D, Bruning NS. Rationality versus reality: the challenges of evidence-based decision making for health policy makers. Implement Sci. 2010 May 26;5(1):39.
13. Baum NM, DesRoches C, Campbell EG, Goold SD. Resource Allocation in Public Health Practice: A National Survey of Local Public Health Officials. J Public Health Manag Pract. 2011 Jun;17(3):265–74.
14. Seixas BV, Regier DA, Bryan S, Mitton C. Describing practices of priority setting and resource allocation in publicly funded health care systems of high-income countries. BMC Health Serv Res. 2021 Jan 27;21(1):90.
15. Wrigley A, Dawson A. Vulnerability and Marginalized Populations. In: H. Barrett D, W. Ortmann L, Dawson A, Saenz C, Reis A, Bolan G, editors. Public Health Ethics: Cases Spanning the Globe [Internet]. Cham (CH): Springer; 2016 [cited 2021 Aug 7]. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK435787/
16. McKay C, Reed M. How personalized should we be? A systematic review of tailored & targeted health communication interventions to improve adherence. Value Health. 2013 May 1;16(3):A46.
17. Peterson A, Charles V, Yeung D, Coyle K. The Health Equity Framework: A Science- and Justice-Based Model for Public Health Researchers and Practitioners. Health Promot Pract. 2020 Aug 19;1524839920950730.
18. Eslava-Schmalbach J, Garzón-Orjuela N, Elias V, Reveiz L, Tran N, Langlois EV. Conceptual framework of equity-focused implementation research for health programs (EquIR). Int J Equity Health. 2019 May 31;18(1):80.
19. Pedrana L, Pamponet M, Walker R, Costa F, Rasella D. Scoping review: national monitoring frameworks for social determinants of health and health equity. Glob Health Action. 2016;9:28831.
20. Jones CM, Clavier C, Potvin L. Adapting public policy theory for public health research: A framework to understand the development of national policies on global health. Soc Sci Med 1982. 2017 Mar;177:69–77.
21. Christian J. When Does Public Opinion Matter? J Sociol Soc Welf [Internet]. 2008 Mar 1;35(1). Available from: https://scholarworks.wmich.edu/jssw/vol35/iss1/7
22. Mehrez A, Gafni A. Preference based outcome measures for economic evaluation of drug interventions: quality adjusted life years (QALYs) versus healthy years equivalents (HYEs). PharmacoEconomics. 1992 May;1(5):338–45.
23. Dolan P, Shaw R, Tsuchiya A, Williams A. QALY maximisation and people’s preferences: a methodological review of the literature. Health Econ. 2005 Feb;14(2):197–208.
24. Skedgel C, Wailoo A, Akehurst R. Societal preferences for distributive justice in the allocation of health care resources: a latent class discrete choice experiment. Med Decis Mak Int J Soc Med Decis Mak. 2015 Jan;35(1):94–105.
25. Whitty JA, Lancsar E, Rixon K, Golenko X, Ratcliffe J. A systematic review of stated preference studies reporting public preferences for healthcare priority setting. The Patient. 2014;7(4):365–86.
26. Rowen D, Brazier J, Mukuria C, Keetharuth A, Risa Hole A, Tsuchiya A, et al. Eliciting Societal Preferences for Weighting QALYs for Burden of Illness and End of Life. Med Decis Mak Int J Soc Med Decis Mak. 2016 Feb;36(2):210–22.
27. Austen I. ‘Horrible History’: Mass Grave of Indigenous Children Reported in Canada. The New York Times [Internet]. 2021 May 28 [cited 2021 Aug 9]; Available from: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/28/world/canada/kamloops-mass-grave-residential-schools.html
28. Canada PHA of. COVID-19 daily epidemiology update [Internet]. aem. 2020 [cited 2021 Aug 9]. Available from: https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/epidemiological-summary-covid-19-cases.html
29. Gruzd A, Mai P. The State of Social Media in Canada 2020 [Internet]. Scholars Portal Dataverse; 2020 [cited 2021 Aug 8]. Available from: https://dataverse.scholarsportal.info/dataset.xhtml?persistentId=doi:10.5683/SP2/XIW8EW
30. CBC News Canada Poll Tracker [Internet]. CBC News. 2021 [cited 2021 Aug 8]. Available from: https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/poll-tracker/canada/
31. Whitehead SJ, Ali S. Health outcomes in economic evaluation: the QALY and utilities. Br Med Bull. 2010 Dec 1;96(1):5–21.
32. Gu Y, Lancsar E, Ghijben P, Butler JRG, Donaldson C. Attributes and weights in health care priority setting: A systematic review of what counts and to what extent. Soc Sci Med 1982. 2015 Dec;146:41–52.
33. Popic T, Schneider SM, Asensio M. Public Opinion on Healthcare in the Context of Economic Crisis: Evidence from Portugal. J Soc Policy. 2019 Oct;48(4):741–64.
34. Luyten J, Kessels R, Goos P, Beutels P. Public Preferences for Prioritizing Preventive and Curative Health Care Interventions: A Discrete Choice Experiment. Value Health. 2015 Mar 1;18(2):224–33.
35. Schulte A. Consensus versus Disagreement in Disease-Related Stigma: A Comparison of Reactions to Aids and Cancer Patients. Sociol Perspect. 2002 Mar 1;45(1):81–104.
36. Sartorius N. Stigmatized Illnesses and Health Care. Croat Med J. 2007 Jun;48(3):396–7.
37. Ablon J. Stigmatized health conditions. Soc Sci Med [B]. 1981 Jan 1;15(1):5–9.
38. Norman R, Hall J, Street D, Viney R. Efficiency and equity: a stated preference approach. Health Econ. 2013 May;22(5):568–81.
39. Purtle J. Public opinion about evidence-informed health policy development in U.S. Congress. Transl Behav Med. 2020 Dec 31;10(6):1549–53.
40. Shmueli A, Golan O, Paolucci F, Mentzakis E. Efficiency and equity considerations in the preferences of health policy-makers in Israel. Isr J Health Policy Res. 2017;6:18.
41. Olsen JA, Richardson J. Preferences for the normative basis of health care priority setting: some evidence from two countries. Health Econ. 2013 Apr;22(4):480–5.
42. Urbanoski KA. Need for equity in treatment of substance use among Indigenous people in Canada. CMAJ Can Med Assoc J. 2017 Nov 6;189(44):E1350–1.
43. Rowan M, Poole N, Shea B, Gone JP, Mykota D, Farag M, et al. Cultural interventions to treat addictions in Indigenous populations: findings from a scoping study. Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy. 2014 Sep 1;9:34.
44. Antonio MCK, Chung-Do JJ. Systematic review of interventions focusing on Indigenous adolescent mental health and substance use. Am Indian Alsk Native Ment Health Res Online. 2015;22(3):36–56.
45. Remien RH, Stirratt MJ, Nguyen N, Robbins RN, Pala AN, Mellins CA. Mental health and HIV/AIDS: the need for an integrated response. AIDS. 2019 Jul 15;33(9):1411–20.