1. GBD 2017 Causes of Death Collaborators (2018) Global, regional, and national age-sex-specific mortality for 282 causes of death in 195 countries and territories, 1980-2017: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017. Lancet 392: 1736-1788.https://doi.org/10.1016/s0140-6736(18)32203-7
2. Statistics on the cause of death in Koreans in 2020. Statistics Korea, 2021.
3. Farzadfar F (2019) Cardiovascular disease risk prediction models: challenges and perspectives. Lancet Glob Health 7: e1288-e1289.https://doi.org/10.1016/s2214-109x(19)30365-1
4. Khan SS, Ning H, Wilkins JT et al. (2018) Association of Body Mass Index With Lifetime Risk of Cardiovascular Disease and Compression of Morbidity. JAMA Cardiol 3: 280-287.https://doi.org/10.1001/jamacardio.2018.0022
5. Dis Ineke v, Kromhout D, Geleijnse JM, Boer JMA, Verschuren WM (2009) Body mass index and waist circumference predict both 10-year nonfatal and fatal cardiovascular disease risk: study conducted in 20 000 Dutch men and women aged 20–65 years. Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 16: 729-734.https://doi.org/10.1097/HJR.0b013e328331dfc0
6. Mongraw-Chaffin ML, Peters SA, Huxley RR, Woodward M (2015) The sex-specific association between BMI and coronary heart disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis of 95 cohorts with 1· 2 million participants. The lancet Diabetes & endocrinology 3: 437-449.
7. Hu FB, Wang B, Chen C et al. (2000) Body Mass Index and Cardiovascular Risk Factors in a Rural Chinese Population. Am J Epidemiol 151: 88-97.https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.aje.a010127
8. Commodore-Mensah Y, Agyemang C, Aboagye JA et al. (2020) Obesity and cardiovascular disease risk among Africans residing in Europe and Africa: the RODAM study. Obes Res Clin Pract 14: 151-157.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.orcp.2020.01.007
9. Cullin JM, White KE (2020) Weight perception among US adults predicts cardiovascular risk when controlling for body fat percentage. Am J Hum Biol 32: e23384.https://doi.org/10.1002/ajhb.23384
10. Yaemsiri S, Slining MM, Agarwal SK (2011) Perceived weight status, overweight diagnosis, and weight control among US adults: the NHANES 2003-2008 Study. Int J Obes (Lond) 35: 1063-1070.https://doi.org/10.1038/ijo.2010.229
11. Park S, Lee S, Hwang J, Kwon JW (2017) The impact of weight misperception on health-related quality of life in Korean adults (KNHANES 2007-2014): a community-based cross-sectional study. BMJ open 7: e016098-012017-016098.https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2017-016098 [doi]
12. Duncan DT, Wolin KY, Scharoun-Lee M, Ding EL, Warner ET, Bennett GG (2011) Does perception equal reality? Weight misperception in relation to weight-related attitudes and behaviors among overweight and obese US adults. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity 8: 1-9.
13. Baur DM, Christophi CA, Tsismenakis AJ, Jahnke SA, Kales SN (2012) Weight- perception in male career firefighters and its association with cardiovascular risk factors. BMC Public Health 12: 480.https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-12-480
14. Korea Centers for Disease C, Prevention: The Seventh (2016-2018) Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (KNHANES VII). Guidelines for using raw data. . 2020.
15. Kweon S, Kim Y, Jang MJ et al. (2014) Data resource profile: the Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (KNHANES). Int J Epidemiol 43: 69-77.https://doi.org/10.1093/ije/dyt228 [doi]
16. Goff DC, Jr., Lloyd-Jones DM, Bennett G et al. (2014) 2013 ACC/AHA guideline on the assessment of cardiovascular risk: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. Circulation 129: S49-73.https://doi.org/10.1161/01.cir.0000437741.48606.98
17. Korea Centers for Disease Control P: Procedural manual of The Sixth (2013-2015) Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Oson, South Korea, Korea Centers for Disease Control Prevention, 2013.
18. (2013) American Diabetes Association. Diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Care 36: S67-S74.https://doi.org/10.2337/dc13-S067
19. Bae JH, Moon MK, Oh S, Koo BK, Cho NH, Lee MK (2020) Validation of risk prediction models for atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease in a prospective Korean community-based cohort. Diabetes Metab J 44: 458-469.https://doi.org/10.4093/dmj.2019.0061
20. Hayes AF, Rockwood NJ (2017) Regression-based statistical mediation and moderation analysis in clinical research: Observations, recommendations, and implementation. Behav Res Ther 98: 39-57.https://doi.org/S0005-7967(16)30188-7 [pii]
21. Hayes AF: Introduction to mediation, moderation, and conditional process analysis: a regression-based approach, New York: The Guilford Press, 2013.
22. Bouzas C, Bibiloni MDM, Tur JA (2019) Relationship between Body Image and Body Weight Control in Overweight ≥55-Year-Old Adults: A Systematic Review. Int J Environ Res Public Health 16:https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph16091622
23. Haynes A, Kersbergen I, Sutin A, Daly M, Robinson E (2018) A systematic review of the relationship between weight status perceptions and weight loss attempts, strategies, behaviours and outcomes. Obes Rev 19: 347-363.https://doi.org/10.1111/obr.12634
24. Hosseini SA, Padhy RK: Body Image Distortion. StatPearls. Treasure Island (FL), StatPearls Publishing Copyright © 2021, StatPearls Publishing LLC., 2021.