1. Bornmann, L. and R. Mutz, Growth rates of modern science: A bibliometric analysis based on the number of publications and cited references. Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 2015. 66(11): p. 2215-2222.
2. Bastian, H., P. Glasziou, and I. Chalmers, Seventy-five trials and eleven systematic reviews a day: how will we ever keep up? PLoS medicine, 2010. 7(9): p. e1000326.
3. Ioannidis, J.P., The mass production of redundant, misleading, and conflicted systematic reviews and meta‐analyses. The Milbank Quarterly, 2016. 94(3): p. 485-514.
4. Taito, S., et al., Assessment of the Publication Trends of COVID-19 Systematic Reviews and Randomized Controlled Trials. Annals of Clinical Epidemiology, 2021. 3(2): p. 56-58.
5. Hoffmann, F., et al., Nearly 80 systematic reviews were published each day: Observational study on trends in epidemiology and reporting over the years 2000-2019. J Clin Epidemiol, 2021. 138: p. 1-11.
6. Bolland, M.J. and A. Grey, A case study of discordant overlapping meta-analyses: vitamin d supplements and fracture. PLoS One, 2014. 9(12): p. e115934.
7. Daei, A., et al., Clinical information seeking behavior of physicians: A systematic review. International journal of medical informatics, 2020. 139: p. 104144.
8. Jadad, A.R., D.J. Cook, and G.P. Browman, A guide to interpreting discordant systematic reviews. Cmaj, 1997. 156(10): p. 1411-6.
9. Hartling, L., et al., A descriptive analysis of overviews of reviews published between 2000 and 2011. PLoS One, 2012. 7(11): p. e49667.
10. Lunny, C., et al., Toward a comprehensive evidence map of overview of systematic review methods: paper 1-purpose, eligibility, search and data extraction. Syst Rev, 2017. 6(1): p. 231.
11. Lunny, C., et al., Toward a comprehensive evidence map of overview of systematic review methods: paper 2-risk of bias assessment; synthesis, presentation and summary of the findings; and assessment of the certainty of the evidence. Syst Rev, 2018. 7(1): p. 159.
12. Pieper, D., et al., Overviews of reviews often have limited rigor: a systematic review. J Clin Epidemiol, 2012. 65(12): p. 1267-73.
13. Bakdach, W.M.M. and R. Hadad, Effectiveness of different adjunctive interventions in the management of orthodontically induced white spot lesions: A systematic review of systematic reviews and meta-analyses. Dental and Medical Problems, 2020.
14. Blom, A.W., et al., Common elective orthopaedic procedures and their clinical effectiveness: umbrella review of level 1 evidence. Bmj, 2021. 374: p. n1511.
15. Chen, P., et al., Intra-articular platelet-rich plasma injection for knee osteoarthritis: a summary of meta-analyses. Journal of orthopaedic surgery and research, 2019. 14(1): p. 1-11.
16. Li, Q., et al., Minimally invasive versus open surgery for acute Achilles tendon rupture: a systematic review of overlapping meta-analyses. J Orthop Surg Res, 2016. 11(1): p. 65.
17. Mascarenhas, R., et al., Is double-row rotator cuff repair clinically superior to single-row rotator cuff repair: a systematic review of overlapping meta-analyses. Arthroscopy, 2014. 30(9): p. 1156-65.
18. Zhao, J.G., J. Wang, and L. Long, Surgical Versus Conservative Treatments for Displaced Midshaft Clavicular Fractures: A Systematic Review of Overlapping Meta-Analyses. Medicine (Baltimore), 2015. 94(26): p. e1057.
19. Higgins, J.P., Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions version 5.0. 1. The Cochrane Collaboration. http://www. cochrane-handbook. org, 2008.
20. Lunny C, T.S., Kanji S, Ferri N, Pieper D, Whitelaw S, Thabet P, Tasmin S, Nelson H, Reid E, Zhang JH., Identifying and addressing conflicting results across multiple discordant systematic reviews on the same topic: A protocol for a replication study of the Jadad algorithm [Internet]. 2021: Research Square. Available from: https://www.researchsquare.com/article/rs-931213/v1.
21. Lunny, C., et al., Bibliometric study of ‘overviews of systematic reviews’ of health interventions: evaluation of prevalence, citation and journal impact factor. Research Synthesis Methods, 2021.
22. Shea, B.J., et al., Development of AMSTAR: a measurement tool to assess the methodological quality of systematic reviews. BMC medical research methodology, 2007. 7(1): p. 1-7.
23. Shea, B.J., et al., AMSTAR 2: a critical appraisal tool for systematic reviews that include randomised or non-randomised studies of healthcare interventions, or both. bmj, 2017. 358.
24. Oxman, A.D. and G.H. Guyatt, Validation of an index of the quality of review articles. Journal of clinical epidemiology, 1991. 44(11): p. 1271-1278.
25. Whiting P, S.J., Churchill R. Introduction to ROBIS, a new tool to assess the risk of bias in a systematic review. in 23rd Cochrane Colloquium. 2015. Vienna, Austria: John Wiley & Sons.
26. Chalmers, P.N., et al., Do arthroscopic and open stabilization techniques restore equivalent stability to the shoulder in the setting of anterior glenohumeral instability? a systematic review of overlapping meta-analyses. Arthroscopy, 2015. 31(2): p. 355-63.
27. Campbell, J., N. Bellamy, and T. Gee, Differences between systematic reviews/meta-analyses of hyaluronic acid/hyaluronan/hylan in osteoarthritis of the knee. Osteoarthritis and cartilage, 2007. 15(12): p. 1424-1436.
28. Druyts, E., et al., Interpreting discordant indirect and multiple treatment comparison meta-analyses: an evaluation of direct acting antivirals for chronic hepatitis C infection. Clinical epidemiology, 2013. 5: p. 173.
29. Vavken, P. and R. Dorotka, A systematic review of conflicting meta-analyses in orthopaedic surgery. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research®, 2009. 467(10): p. 2723-2735.
30. Poolman, R.W., et al., Overlapping systematic reviews of anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction comparing hamstring autograft with bone-patellar tendon-bone autograft: why are they different? Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery - American Volume, 2007. 89(7): p. 1542-52.
31. Grassi, A., et al., Patellar resurfacing versus patellar retention in primary total knee arthroplasty: a systematic review of overlapping meta-analyses. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy, 2018. 26(11): p. 3206-3218.
32. Erickson, B.J., et al., Does operative treatment of first-time patellar dislocations lead to increased patellofemoral stability? A systematic review of overlapping meta-analyses. Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic & Related Surgery, 2015. 31(6): p. 1207-1215.
33. Xiaofeng Chen, M., et al., Is unilateral percutaneous kyphoplasty superior to bilateral percutaneous kyphoplasty for osteoporotic vertebral compression fractures? Evidence from a systematic review of discordant meta-analyses. Pain Physician, 2018. 21: p. 327-336.
34. Xu, B., et al., Is intramedullary fixation of displaced midshaft clavicle fracture superior to plate fixation? Evidence from a systematic review of discordant meta-analyses. International Journal of Surgery, 2017. 43: p. 155-162.
35. Song, G.M., et al., Laparoscopic cholecystectomy for acute cholecystitis: early or delayed?: Evidence from a systematic review of discordant meta-analyses. Medicine (Baltimore), 2016. 95(23): p. e3835.
36. Tan, G., et al., Unilateral versus bilateral percutaneous balloon kyphoplasty for osteoporotic vertebral compression fractures: A systematic review of overlapping meta-analyses. Medicine, 2018. 97(33).
37. Xing, D., et al., Intra-articular hyaluronic acid in treating knee osteoarthritis: a PRISMA-compliant systematic review of overlapping meta-analysis. Scientific reports, 2016. 6(1): p. 1-11.
38. Mascarenhas, R., et al., Does double-bundle anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction improve postoperative knee stability compared with single-bundle techniques? A systematic review of overlapping meta-analyses. Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic & Related Surgery, 2015. 31(6): p. 1185-1196.
39. Houck, D.A., et al., Early versus delayed motion after rotator cuff repair: a systematic review of overlapping meta-analyses. The American journal of sports medicine, 2017. 45(12): p. 2911-2915.
40. Pekala, P.A., et al., FokI as a genetic factor of intervertebral disc degeneration: a PRISMA-compliant systematic review of overlapping meta-analyses. Journal of Clinical Neuroscience, 2019. 60: p. 36-43.
41. Cui Zhiyong, M., et al., Unilateral versus bilateral balloon kyphoplasty for osteoporotic vertebral compression fractures: a systematic review of overlapping meta-analyses. Pain physician, 2019. 22: p. 15-28.
42. Fu, B.s., et al., Surgical and Non‐Surgical Treatment for 3‐Part and 4‐Part Fractures of the Proximal Humerus: A Systematic Review of Overlapping Meta‐Analyses. Orthopaedic surgery, 2019. 11(3): p. 356-365.
43. Zhao, J.G., et al., Intramedullary nail versus plate fixation for humeral shaft fractures: a systematic review of overlapping meta-analyses. Medicine (Baltimore), 2015. 94(11): p. e599.
44. Guo, X.-w., et al., Shenyi Capsule (参一胶囊) plus chemotherapy versus chemotherapy for non-small cell lung cancer: a systematic review of overlapping meta-analyses. Chinese journal of integrative medicine, 2018. 24(3): p. 227-231.
45. Gurevitch, J., et al., Meta-analysis and the science of research synthesis. Nature, 2018. 555(7695): p. 175-182.
46. Advances in Evidence Synthesis: special issue Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2020. 9.
47. Moher, D., et al., Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement. PLoS medicine, 2009. 6(7): p. e1000097.
48. Page, M.J., et al., Updating guidance for reporting systematic reviews: development of the PRISMA 2020 statement. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 2021. 134: p. 103-112.
49. Brożek, J., et al., Grading quality of evidence and strength of recommendations in clinical practice guidelines: part 1 of 3. An overview of the GRADE approach and grading quality of evidence about interventions. Allergy, 2009. 64(5): p. 669-677.
50. BMJ. Multiple systematic reviews on the same question. https://bestpractice.bmj.com/info/us/toolkit/learn-ebm/multiple-systematic-reviews-on-the-same-question/. EBM Toolkit, Learn EBM, BMJ Best Practice 2021.
51. Robinson, K.A., et al., AHRQ Methods for Effective Health Care
Integrating Bodies of Evidence: Existing Systematic Reviews and Primary Studies, in Methods Guide for Effectiveness and Comparative Effectiveness Reviews. 2008, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US): Rockville (MD).
52. Masic, I., M. Miokovic, and B. Muhamedagic, Evidence based medicine - new approaches and challenges. Acta informatica medica : AIM : journal of the Society for Medical Informatics of Bosnia & Herzegovina : casopis Drustva za medicinsku informatiku BiH, 2008. 16(4): p. 219-225.
53. Mašić, I., Porodicna/obiteljska medicina: principi i praksa. 2007: na.
54. Arrich, J., et al., Intra-articular hyaluronic acid for the treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee: systematic review and meta-analysis. Cmaj, 2005. 172(8): p. 1039-1043.
55. Lo, G.H., et al., Intra-articular hyaluronic acid in treatment of knee osteoarthritis: a meta-analysis. Jama, 2003. 290(23): p. 3115-3121.
56. Bellamy, N., et al., Viscosupplementation for the treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee. Cochrane database of systematic reviews, 2006(2).
57. Wang, C.-T., et al., Therapeutic effects of hyaluronic acid on osteoarthritis of the knee: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. JBJS, 2004. 86(3): p. 538-545.
58. Raynauld, J., et al., Effectiveness and safety of repeat courses of hylan GF 20 in patients with knee osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis and cartilage, 2005. 13(2): p. 111-119.
59. Raynauld, J.-P., et al., A prospective, randomized, pragmatic, health outcomes trial evaluating the incorporation of hylan GF 20 into the treatment paradigm for patients with knee osteoarthritis (Part 1 of 2): clinical results. Osteoarthritis and cartilage, 2002. 10(7): p. 506-517.
60. Whiting, P., et al., A proposed framework for developing quality assessment tools. Syst Rev, 2017. 6(1): p. 204.
61. Moher, D., et al., Guidance for developers of health research reporting guidelines. PLoS medicine, 2010. 7(2): p. e1000217.
62. Babić, A., et al., How to decide whether a systematic review is stable and not in need of updating: Analysis of Cochrane reviews. Research Synthesis Methods, 2020. 11(6): p. 884-890.
63. Cohen, S., et al., Conclusiveness of the Cochrane reviews in nutrition: a systematic analysis. European journal of clinical nutrition, 2014. 68(2): p. 143-145.
64. Dosenovic, S., et al., Reasons and factors associated with inconclusiveness of systematic reviews about interventions for neuropathic pain. Journal of Comparative Effectiveness Research, 2020. 10(1): p. 67-75.
65. Mimouni, M., F. Mimouni, and F. Segev, Conclusiveness of the Cochrane eye and vision group reviews. BMC research notes, 2015. 8(1): p. 1-4.
66. Roberts, D., et al., Antenatal corticosteroids for accelerating fetal lung maturation for women at risk of preterm birth. Cochrane database of systematic reviews, 2017(3).