1. Markey CN: Invited commentary: Why body image is important to adolescent development. In.: Springer; 2010.
2. Schiefelbein EL, Mirchandani GG, George GC, Becker EA, Castrucci BC, Hoelscher DM: Association between depressed mood and perceived weight in middle and high school age students: Texas 2004–2005. Maternal and child health journal 2012, 16(1):169-176.
3. Perkins NM, Brausch AM: Body dissatisfaction and symptoms of bulimia nervosa prospectively predict suicide ideation in adolescents. International journal of eating disorders 2019, 52(8):941-949.
4. Davison TE, McCabe MP: Adolescent body image and psychosocial functioning. The Journal of social psychology 2006, 146(1):15-30.
5. Choi E, Choi I: The associations between body dissatisfaction, body figure, self-esteem, and depressed mood in adolescents in the United States and Korea: A moderated mediation analysis. Journal of adolescence 2016, 53:249-259.
6. Neumark-Sztainer D, Paxton SJ, Hannan PJ, Haines J, Story M: Does body satisfaction matter? Five-year longitudinal associations between body satisfaction and health behaviors in adolescent females and males. Journal of adolescent health 2006, 39(2):244-251.
7. Al Sabbah H, Vereecken CA, Elgar FJ, Nansel T, Aasvee K, Abdeen Z, Ojala K, Ahluwalia N, Maes L: Body weight dissatisfaction and communication with parents among adolescents in 24 countries: international cross-sectional survey. BMC public health 2009, 9(1):1-10.
8. Forste R, Potter M, Erickson L: Sad and lonely: body dissatisfaction among adolescent girls. International journal of adolescent medicine and health 2019, 31(2).
9. Zimmer-Gembeck MJ, Webb HJ: Body image and peer relationships: Unique associations of adolescents' social status and competence with peer-and self-reported appearance victimization. Journal of adolescence 2017, 61:131-140.
10. Cooper PJ, Taylor MJ, Cooper Z, Fairbum CG: The development and validation of the Body Shape Questionnaire. International Journal of eating disorders 1987, 6(4):485-494.
11. McCreary DR, Sasse DK: An exploration of the drive for muscularity in adolescent boys and girls. Journal of American college health 2000, 48(6):297-304.
12. Leone JE, Mullin EM, Maurer-Starks SS, Rovito MJ: The adolescent body image satisfaction scale for males: exploratory factor analysis and implications for strength and conditioning professionals. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research 2014, 28(9):2657-2668.
13. Cash TF, Santos MT, Williams EF: Coping with body-image threats and challenges: Validation of the Body Image Coping Strategies Inventory. Journal of psychosomatic research 2005, 58(2):190-199.
14. Moeen T, Muazzam A, Zubair B: Development and Validation of Body Image Scale (BIS) For Young Adult Females. Pakistan Journal of Social & Clinical Psychology 2013, 11(1).
15. Garner DM, Olmsted MP, Bohr Y, Garfinkel PE: The eating attitudes test: psychometric features and clinical correlates. Psychological medicine 1982, 12(4):871-878.
16. Cash TF: Multidimensional body-self relations questionnaire: MBSRQ user’s manual. Norfolk, VA: Old Dominion University 2000.
17. Hatami M, Taib MNM, Djazayery A, Mojani S, Mejlej H: Relationship between body image, body dissatisfaction and weight status in Iranian adolescents. Archives of Obesity 2015, 1(1):1-7.
18. Farid M, Kamrani MA: The relationship between body image coping strategy and eating disorders among Iranian adolescent girls. Bali Medical Journal 2016, 5(1):17-22.
19. Sahlan RN, Saunders JF, Mond JM, Fitzsimmons‐Craft EE: Eating disorder symptoms among adolescent boys and girls in Iran. International Journal of Eating Disorders 2021, 54(1):19-23.
20. Cash TF: Body image: Past, present, and future. In.: Elsevier; 2004.
21. Blom GE, Farley GK, Guthals C: The concept of body image and the remediation of body image disorders. Journal of Learning Disabilities 1970, 3(9):440-447.
22. Grogan S: Body image: Understanding body dissatisfaction in men, women and children: Routledge; 2016.
23. Brockhoff M, Mussap AJ, Fuller‐Tyszkiewicz M, Mellor D, Skouteris H, McCabe MP, Ricciardelli LA: Cultural differences in body dissatisfaction: Japanese adolescents compared with adolescents from China, Malaysia, Australia, Tonga, and Fiji. Asian Journal of Social Psychology 2016, 19(4):385-394.
24. Jung J, Lee SH: Cross‐cultural comparisons of appearance self‐schema, body image, self‐esteem, and dieting behavior between Korean and US women. Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal 2006, 34(4):350-365.
25. George JBE, Franko DL: Cultural issues in eating pathology and body image among children and adolescents. Journal of Pediatric Psychology 2010, 35(3):231-242.
26. Kelishadi R, Ardalan G, Gheiratmand R, Majdzadeh R, Hosseini M, Gouya M, Razaghi E, Delavari A, Motaghian M, Barekati H: Thinness, overweight and obesity in a national sample of Iranian children and adolescents: CASPIAN Study. Child: care, health and development 2008, 34(1):44-54.
27. Lawshe CH: A quantitative approach to content validity. Personnel psychology 1975, 28(4):563-575.
28. Plichta SB, Kelvin EA, Munro BH: Munro's statistical methods for health care research: Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2013.
29. Lance CE, Butts MM, Michels LC: The sources of four commonly reported cutoff criteria: What did they really say?Organizational research methods 2006, 9(2):202-220.
30. Koo TK, Li MY: A guideline of selecting and reporting intraclass correlation coefficients for reliability research. Journal of chiropractic medicine 2016, 15(2):155-163.
31. Golchin NAH, Hamzehgardeshi Z, Fakhri M, Hamzehgardeshi L: The experience of puberty in Iranian adolescent girls: a qualitative content analysis. BMC public health 2012, 12(1):1-8.
32. Wang Y, Liang H, Chen X: Measured body mass index, body weight perception, dissatisfaction and control practices in urban, low-income African American adolescents. BMC public health 2009, 9(1):1-12.
33. Dion J, Blackburn M-E, Auclair J, Laberge L, Veillette S, Gaudreault M, Vachon P, Perron M, Touchette E: Development and aetiology of body dissatisfaction in adolescent boys and girls. International journal of adolescence and youth 2015, 20(2):151-166.
34. Presnell K, Bearman SK, Stice E: Risk factors for body dissatisfaction in adolescent boys and girls: A prospective study. International Journal of eating disorders 2004, 36(4):389-401.
35. Amiri P, Ghofranipour F, Ahmadi F, Hosseinpanah F, Montazeri A, Jalali-Farahani S, Rastegarpour A: Barriers to a healthy lifestyle among obese adolescents: a qualitative study from Iran. International journal of public health 2011, 56(2):181-189.