1. World Health Organization. Telemedicine: opportunities and developments in Member States: report on the second gloal survey on eHealth. Geneva; 2010 p. 8–11.
2. Videoconferencing - MeSH - NCBI [Internet]. [cited 2021 Mar 11]. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/?term=videoconferencing
3. Granström E, Wannheden C, Brommels M, Hvitfeldt H, Nyström ME. Digital tools as promoters for person-centered care practices in chronic care? Healthcare professionals’ experiences from rheumatology care. BMC Health Serv Res. 2020 Dec;20(1):1108–1108.
4. Demi S, Hilmy S, Keller C. Doctor at Your Fingertips: An Exploration of Digital Visits from Stakeholders’ Perspectives. Life. 2020 Dec;11(1):6–6.
5. MacDonald GG, Townsend AF, Adam P, Li LC, Kerr S, McDonald M, et al. eHealth technologies, multimorbidity, and the office visit: Qualitative interview study on the perspectives of physicians and nurses. J Med Internet Res. 2018 Jan;20(1):e8983–e8983.
6. Orlando JF, Beard M, Kumar S. Systematic review of patient and caregivers’ satisfaction with telehealth videoconferencing as a mode of service delivery in managing patients’ health. Borsci S, editor. PLOS ONE. 2019 Aug;14(8):e0221848–e0221848.
7. Melian C, Kieser D, Frampton C, C Wyatt M. Teleconsultation in orthopaedic surgery: A systematic review and meta-analysis of patient and physician experiences. J Telemed Telecare. 2020 Sep.
8. Mooi JK, Whop LJ, Valery PC, Sabesan SS. Teleoncology for Indigenous patients: The responses of patients and health workers. Aust J Rural Health. 2012 Oct;20(5):265–9.
9. De Weger E, Macinnes D, Enser J, Francis SJ, Jones FW. Implementing video conferencing in mental health practice. J Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs. 2013 Apr;20(5):448–54.
10. Hensel JM, Yang R, Vigod SN, Desveaux L. Videoconferencing at home for psychotherapy in the postpartum period: Identifying drivers of successful engagement and important therapeutic conditions for meaningful use. Couns Psychother Res. 2020.
11. Santoro SL, Donelan K, Haugen K, Oreskovic NM, Torres A, Skotko BG. Transition to virtual clinic: Experience in a multidisciplinary clinic for Down syndrome. Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet. 2021 Mar;187(1):70–82.
12. Dahl-Popolizio S, Carpenter H, Coronado M, Popolizio NJ, Swanson C. Telehealth for the provision of occupational therapy: Reflections on experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic. Int J Telerehabilitation. 2020;12(2):77–92.
13. Koch S, Guhres M. Physicians’ experiences of patient-initiated online consultations in primary care using direct-to-consumer technology. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2020 Jun; 270:643–7.
14. World Health Organization. Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Situation Reports [Internet]. [cited 2021 Apr 9]. Available from: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports
15. Forbes P, Finch A. Redeployed staff and better teamwork: how COVID-19 has transformed nursing | RCNi [Internet]. Nursing Standard. 2020 [cited 2021 Apr 9]. Available from: https://rcni.com/nursing-standard/features/redeployed-staff-and-better-teamwork-how-covid-19-has-transformed-nursing-161911
16. Pandey N, Kaushal V, Puri GD, Taneja S, Biswal M, Mahajan P, et al. Transforming a General Hospital to an Infectious Disease Hospital for COVID-19 Over 2 Weeks. Front Public Health. 2020 Jul; 8:382–382.
17. Mehta S, Machado F, Kwizera A, Papazian L, Moss M, Azoulay É, et al. COVID-19: a heavy toll on health-care workers. Lancet Respir Med. 2021 Mar;9(3):226–8.
18. Grossman SN, Han SC, Balcer LJ, Kurzweil A, Weinberg H, Galetta SL, et al. Rapid implementation of virtual neurology in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Neurology. 2020 Jun;94(24):1077–87.
19. Keesara S, Jonas A, Schulman K. Covid-19 and Health Care’s Digital Revolution. N Engl J Med. 2020 Jun;382(23): e82–e82.
20. Chen JA, Chung WJ, Young SK, Tuttle MC, Collins MB, Darghouth SL, et al. COVID-19 and telepsychiatry: Early outpatient experiences and implications for the future. Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2020 Sep; 66:89–95.
21. Lecomte T, Abdel-Baki A, Francoeur A, Cloutier B, Leboeuf A, Abadie P, et al. Group therapy via videoconferencing for individuals with early psychosis: A pilot study. Early Interv Psychiatry. 2020 Dec;15(6):1595-1601.
22. Tanaka MJ, Oh LS, Martin SD, Berkson EM. Telemedicine in the Era of COVID-19: The Virtual Orthopaedic Examination. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2020 Jun;102(12):e57–e57.
23. Ganapathy K. Telemedicine and Neurological Practice in the COVID-19 Era. Neurol India. 2020 May;68(3):555–9.
24. Tarolli CG, Biernot JM, Creigh PD, Moukheiber E, Salas RME, Dorsey ER, et al. Practicing in a pandemic. Neurol Clin Pract. 2020 May;10. DOI:1212/CPJ.0000000000000882.
25. Sutherland AE, Stickland J, Wee B. Can video consultations replace face-to-face interviews? Palliative medicine and the Covid-19 pandemic: Rapid review. BMJ Support Palliat Care. 2020 Sep;10(3):271–5.
26. Margusino-Framiñán L, Illarro-Uranga A, Lorenzo-Lorenzo K, Monte-Boquet E, Márquez-Saavedra E, Fernández-Bargiela N, et al. Author of correspondence Introduction: difficulties and objectives. 44:61–5.
27. Ghai S. Teledentistry during COVID-19 pandemic. Diabetes Metab Syndr Clin Res Rev. 2020 Sep;14(5):933–5.
28. Chang CP, Lee TT, Mills ME. Experience of home telehealth technology in older patients with diabetes. CIN - Comput Inform Nurs. 2017 Oct;35(10):530–7.
29. Appireddy R, Khan S, Leaver C, Martin C, Jin A, Durafourt BA, et al. Home virtual visits for outpatient follow-up stroke care: Cross-sectional study. J Med Internet Res [Internet]. 2019 Oct;21(10). Available from: /pmc/articles/PMC6803894/?report=abstract
30. Palcu P, Munce S, Jaglal SB, Allin S, Chishtie JA, Silverstein A, et al. Understanding patient experiences and challenges to osteoporosis care delivered virtually by telemedicine: a mixed methods study. Osteoporos Int. 2020 Feb;31(2):351–61.
31. Arksey H, O’Malley L. Scoping studies: Towards a methodological framework. Int J Soc Res Methodol Theory Pract. 2005 Feb;8(1):19–32.
32. Tricco AC, Lillie E, Zarin W, O’Brien KK, Colquhoun H, Levac D, et al. PRISMA Extension for Scoping Reviews (PRISMA-ScR): Checklist and Explanation. Ann Intern Med. 2018 Oct;169(7):467–467.
33. Adams J, Hillier-Brown FC, Moore HJ, Lake AA, Araujo-Soares V, White M, et al. Searching and synthesising “grey literature” and “grey information” in public health: Critical reflections on three case studies. Syst Rev. 2016 Sep;5(1):164–164.
34. Grey literature | Karolinska Institutet Universitetsbiblioteket [Internet]. [cited 2021 Apr 15]. Available from: https://kib.ki.se/en/search-evaluate/grey-literature
35. Zhang H, Cha EE, Lynch K, Cahlon O, Gomez DR, Shaverdian N, et al. Radiation Oncologist Perceptions of Telemedicine from Consultation to Treatment Planning: A Mixed-Methods Study. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2020 Oct;108(2):421–9.
36. Johnsson G, Kerslake R, Crook S. Delivering allied health services to regional and remote participants on the autism spectrum via video-conferencing technology: lessons learned. Rural Remote Health. 2019 Sep;19(3):5358–5358.
37. Fernemark H, Skagerström J, Seing I, Ericsson C, Nilsen P. Digital consultations in Swedish primary health care: a qualitative study of physicians’ job control, demand and support. BMC Fam Pract. 2020 Dec;21(1).
38. Johnsen TM, Lønnebakke Norberg B, Kristiansen E, Zanaboni P, Austad B, Helgetun Krogh F, et al. Suitability of video consultations during the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown: Cross-sectional survey among Norwegian general practitioners. J Med Internet Res. 2021 Feb;23(2).
39. Björndell C, Premberg Å. Physicians’ experiences of video consultation with patients at a public virtual primary care clinic: a qualitative interview study. Scand J Prim Health Care. 2021;39(1):67–76.
40. Lechien JR, Radulesco T, Distinguin L, Chekkoury-Idrissi Y, Circiu MP, Afia FE, et al. Patient and otolaryngologist perceptions of telemedicine during COVID-19 pandemic. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2021 Oct;278(10):4101-4105.
41. Dubin JM, Wyant WA, Balaji NC, Ong WLK, Kettache RH, Haffaf M, et al. Telemedicine Usage among Urologists during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Cross-Sectional Study. J Med Internet Res. 2020 Nov;22(11).
42. Vandekerckhove P, Vandekerckhove Y, Tavernier R, de Jaegher K, de Mul M. Leveraging user experience to improve video consultations in a cardiology practice during the COVID-19 pandemic: Initial insights. J Med Internet Res [Internet]. 2020 Jun;22(6). Available from: /pmc/articles/PMC7318925/?report=abstract
43. Kirby DJ, Fried JW, Buchalter DB, Moses MJ, Hurly ET, Cardone DA, et al. Patient and Physician Satisfaction with Telehealth During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Sports Medicine Perspective. Telemed E-Health. 2021 Oct; 27(10):1151-1159.
44. Tenforde AS, Iaccarino MA, Borgstrom H, Hefner JE, Silver J, Ahmed M, et al. Telemedicine During COVID-19 for Outpatient Sports and Musculoskeletal Medicine Physicians. PM R. 2020 Sep;12(9):926–32.
45. Cioffi V, Cantone D, Guerriera C, Architravo M, Mosca LL, Sperandeo R, et al. Satisfaction degree in the using of VideoConferencing Psychotherapy in a sample of Italian psychotherapists during Covid-19 emergency. In Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.; 2020. p. 125–32.
46. Hardy NR, Maier CA, Gregson TJ. Couple teletherapy in the era of COVID-19: Experiences and recommendations. J Marital Fam Ther. 2021 Apr; 47(2):225-43.
47. Sugarman DE, Horvitz LE, Greenfield SF, Busch AB. Clinicians’ Perceptions of Rapid Scale-up of Telehealth Services in Outpatient Mental Health Treatment. Telemed E-Health. 2021 Dec;27(12):1399-1408.
48. Kemp MT, Liesman DR, Williams AM, Brown CS, Iancu AM, Wakam GK, et al. Surgery Provider Perceptions on Telehealth Visits During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Room for Improvement. J Surg Res. 2021 Apr; 260:300–6.
49. Saiyed S, Nguyen A, Singh R. Physician Perspective and Key Satisfaction Indicators with Rapid Telehealth Adoption During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 Pandemic. Telemed E-Health. 2021 Nov;27(11):1225-1234.
50. Paulik G, Maloney G, Arntz A, Bachrach N, Koppeschaar A, McEvoy P. Delivering Imagery Rescripting via Telehealth: Clinical Concerns, Benefits, and Recommendations. Curr Psychiatry Rep. 2021 May;23(5).
51. Hinman RS, Nelligan RK, Bennell KL, Delany C. “Sounds a Bit Crazy, But It Was Almost More Personal:” A Qualitative Study of Patient and Clinician Experiences of Physical Therapist–Prescribed Exercise For Knee Osteoarthritis Via Skype. Arthritis Care Res. 2017 Dec;69(12):1834–44.
52. Mammen JR, Elson MJ, Java JJ, Beck CA, Beran DB, Biglan KM, et al. Patient and physician perceptions of virtual visits for Parkinson’s disease: A qualitative study. Telemed E-Health. 2018 Apr;24(4):255–67.
53. Barsom EZ, Jansen M, Tanis PJ, van de Ven AWH, Blussé van Oud-Alblas M, Buskens CJ, et al. Video consultation during follow up care: effect on quality of care and patient- and provider attitude in patients with colorectal cancer. Surg Endosc. 2021 Mar;35(3):1278–87.
54. Gold KJ, Laurie AR, Kinney DR, Harmes KM, Serlin DC. Video visits: Family physician experiences with uptake during the covid-19 pandemic. Fam Med. 2021 Mar;53(3):207–10.
55. Becevic M, Boren S, Mutrux R, Shah Z, Banerjee S. User satisfaction with telehealth: Study of patients, providers, and coordinators. Health Care Manag. 2015 Dec;34(4):337–49.
56. Rykkje L, Hjorth GHB. “Safety at Home”: Experiences From Testing of Video Communication Between Patients and Home Health Care Personnel. SAGE Open. 2017 Dec;7(4).
57. Heyer A, Granberg RE, Rising KL, Binder AF, Gentsch AT, Handley NR. Medical Oncology Professionals’ Perceptions of Telehealth Video Visits. JAMA Netw Open. 2021 Jan;4(1): e2033967–e2033967.
58. Wade SL, Moscato EL, Raj SP, Narad ME. Clinician perspectives delivering telehealth interventions to children/families impacted by pediatric traumatic brain injury. Rehabil Psychol. 2019 Aug;64(3):298–306.
59. Levy S, Mason S, Russon J, Diamond G. Attachment-based family therapy in the age of telehealth and COVID-19. J Marital Fam Ther. 2021 Apr;47(2):440-54.
60. Békés V, Aafjes–van Doorn K, Prout TA, Hoffman L. Stretching the Analytic Frame: Analytic Therapists’ Experiences with Remote Therapy During COVID-19. J Am Psychoanal Assoc. 2020 Jun;68(3):437–46.
61. Yu J, Afridi SM, Cozart AC, Isea L, Guan J. Evaluation and Feedback for Telehealth From Patients and Physicians During the Early Stage of COVID-19 Pandemic Period. Cureus. 2021 Jan 11;13(1): e12633.
62. Combi C, Pozzani G, Pozzi G. Telemedicine for developing countries: A survey and some design issues. Appl Clin Inform. 2016 Nov;7(4):1025–50.
63. Downs J, Lotan M, Elefant C, Leonard H, Wong K, Buckley N, et al. Implementing telehealth support to increase physical activity in girls and women with Rett syndrome-ActivRett: protocol for a waitlist randomised controlled trial. BMJ OPEN. 2020;10(12).
64. Johansson AM, Lindberg I, Söderberg S. Healthcare personnel’s experiences using video consultation in primary healthcare in rural areas. Prim Health Care Res Dev. 2017 Jan;18(1):73–83.
65. Managing Remote Workers: Preventing Isolation and Loneliness [Internet]. [cited 2021 May 13]. Available from: https://www.consultdss.com/preventing-isolation-and-loneliness/
66. Bradford NK, Penny RA. Registered nurse and midwife experiences of using videoconferencing in practice: a qualitative systematic review protocol. JBI Database Syst Rev Implement Rep. 2016 May;14(5):3–9.
67. Pidgeon FM. Use of telehealth videoconferencing as a supplement to visiting allied health services. Aust J Rural Health. 2017 Feb;25(1):58–9.
68. Lovo S, Harrison L, O’Connell ME, Trask C, Bath B. Experience of patients and practitioners with a team and technology approach to chronic back disorder management. J Multidiscip Healthc. 2019 Oct 18;12:855-69.
69. Uscher-Pines L, Sousa J, Raja P, Mehrotra A, Barnett ML, Huskamp HA. Suddenly becoming a “Virtual doctor”: Experiences of psychiatrists transitioning to telemedicine during the COVID-19 pandemic. Psychiatr Serv. 2020 Nov;71(11):1143–50.
70. Yang L, Brown-Johnson CG, Miller-Kuhlmann R, Kling SMR, Saliba-Gustafsson EA, Shaw JG, et al. Accelerated launch of video visits in ambulatory neurology during COVID-19: Key lessons from the Stanford experience. Neurology. 2020 Aug;95(7):305–11.
71. Munn Z, Peters MDJ, Stern C, Tufanaru C, McArthur A, Aromataris E. Systematic review or scoping review? Guidance for authors when choosing between a systematic or scoping review approach. BMC Med Res Methodol. 2018 Nov;18(1):143–143.
72. Clarke V, Braun V. Thematic analysis. J Posit Psychol. 2017 May;12(3):297–8.