1. Guggisberg M. Aboriginal women’s experiences with intimate partner sexual violence and the dangerous lives they live as a result of victimization. Journal of Aggression, Maltreatment & Trauma. 2019;28(2):186-204.
2. Bryant W, Bricknell S. Homicide in Australia 2012-13 to 2013-14: National Homicide Monitoring Program report: Australian Institute of Criminology; 2017.
3. Pointer S. Hospitalised injury among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, 2011-12 to 2015-16. Injury research and statistics series no. 188. Canberra: Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. 2019.
4. Wild R, Anderson P. Ampe akelyernemane meke mekarle “little children are sacred”: Report of the Northern Territory board of inquiry into the protection of Aboriginal children from sexual abuse. Darwin: Northern Territory Government. 2007.
5. Guthridge SL, Ryan P, Condon JR, Moss JR, Lynch J. Trends in hospital admissions for conditions associated with child maltreatment, Northern Territory, 1999‐2010. Medical journal of Australia. 2014;201(3):162-6.
6. Foley M, Zhao Y, You J, Skov S. Injuries in the Northern Territory, 1997-2011. 2014.
7. Ellsberg M, Vyas A, Madrid B, Quintanilla M, Zelaya J, Stöckl H. Violence against adolescent girls: Falling through the cracks. Background paper. Ending Violence in Childhood Global Report 2017. Know Violence in Childhood. New Delhi, India. 2017.
8. He V, Guthridge S, Leckning B. Protection and Justice: A study of the crossover of NT children in two services. Darwin: Menzies School of Health Research. Available at: https://www.menzies.edu.au/icms_docs/312673_Protection_and_justice.pdf. 2019.
9. Kreisfeld RH, JE; . Hospital separations due to injury and poisoning 2005–06. Injury research and statistics series no. 55. Cat. no. INJCAT 131. Canberra: AIHW. Available at: https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/injury/hospital-separations-injury-poisoning-2005-06 2010.
10. Australian Institute of Family Studies. Child Family Community Australia (CFCA). Child abuse and neglect statistics. Melbourne; 2017. Available at https://aifs.gov.au/cfca/publications/child-abuse-and-neglect-statistics. 2017.
11. National Centre for Classification in Health (Ed). International Statistical Classification of Diseases and health related problems, 10th revision, Australian modification (3rd ed., Vol. 1). Sydney, Australia. 2002.
12. Senior KA, Chenhall RD. ‘Walkin’about at night’: the background to teenage pregnancy in a remote Aboriginal community. Journal of Youth Studies. 2008;11(3):269-81.
13. Burbank V, Senior K, McMullen S. Is it agency? An integrative interpretation of female adolescents’ sexual behaviour in three remote Australian Aboriginal communities. The Australian Journal of Anthropology. 2018;29(3):316-31.
14. Burbank V, Senior K, McMullen S. Precocious pregnancy, sexual conflict, and early childbearing in remote Aboriginal Australia. Anthropological Forum. 2015;25(3):243-61.
15. Spangaro J, Herring S, Koziol-McLain J, Rutherford A, Zwi AB. ‘Yarn about it’: Aboriginal Australian women’s perceptions of the impact of routine enquiry for intimate partner violence. Culture, health & sexuality. 2019;21(7):789-806.
16. Ingram S. Silent drivers| driving silence-Aboriginal women's voices on domestic violence. Social Alternatives. 2016;35(1):6-12.
17. Puccetti M, Greville H, Robinson M, White D, Papertalk L, Thompson SC. Exploring readiness for change: knowledge and attitudes towards family violence among community members and service providers engaged in primary prevention in regional Australia. International journal of environmental research and public health. 2019;16(21):4215.