1. Zhou J, Zhou F, Wang W, Zhang XJ, Ji YX, Zhang P, She ZG, Zhu L, Cai J, Li H: Epidemiological Features of NAFLD From 1999 to 2018 in China. Hepatology 2020, 71:1851-1864.
2. Younossi Z, Tacke F, Arrese M, Chander Sharma B, Mostafa I, Bugianesi E, Wai-Sun Wong V, Yilmaz Y, George J, Fan J, Vos MB: Global Perspectives on Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease and Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis. Hepatology 2019, 69:2672-2682.
3. Stefan N, Häring H-U, Cusi K: Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: causes, diagnosis, cardiometabolic consequences, and treatment strategies. The Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology 2019, 7:313-324.
4. Morris A: Potential treatment strategy for NASH. Nat Rev Endocrinol 2019, 15:129.
5. Diehl AM, Day C: Cause, Pathogenesis, and Treatment of Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis. N Engl J Med 2017, 377:2063-2072.
6. Zhou Y, Kong Y, Fan W, Tao T, Xiao Q, Li N, Zhu X: Principles of RNA methylation and their implications for biology and medicine. Biomed Pharmacother 2020, 131:110731.
7. Tong J, Flavell RA, Li HB: RNA m(6)A modification and its function in diseases. Front Med 2018, 12:481-489.
8. Zhou B, Liu C, Xu L, Yuan Y, Zhao J, Zhao W, Chen Y, Qiu J, Meng M, Zheng Y, et al: N(6) -methyladenosine Reader Protein Ythdc2 Suppresses Liver Steatosis via Regulation of mRNA Stability of Lipogenic Genes. Hepatology 2020.
9. Caruso V, Chen H, Morris MJ: Early hypothalamic FTO overexpression in response to maternal obesity--potential contribution to postweaning hyperphagia. PLoS One 2011, 6:e25261.
10. Mizuno TM, Lew PS, Luo Y, Leckstrom A: Negative regulation of hepatic fat mass and obesity associated (Fto) gene expression by insulin. Life Sci 2017, 170:50-55.
11. Martin Carli JF, LeDuc CA, Zhang Y, Stratigopoulos G, Leibel RL: FTO mediates cell-autonomous effects on adipogenesis and adipocyte lipid content by regulating gene expression via 6mA DNA modifications. J Lipid Res 2018, 59:1446-1460.
12. Bartosovic M, Molares HC, Gregorova P, Hrossova D, Kudla G, Vanacova S: N6-methyladenosine demethylase FTO targets pre-mRNAs and regulates alternative splicing and 3'-end processing. Nucleic Acids Res 2017, 45:11356-11370.
13. Deng X, Su R, Stanford S, Chen J: Critical Enzymatic Functions of FTO in Obesity and Cancer. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 2018, 9:396.
14. Chang JY, Park JH, Park SE, Shon J, Park YJ: The Fat Mass- and Obesity-Associated (FTO) Gene to Obesity: Lessons from Mouse Models. Obesity (Silver Spring) 2018, 26:1674-1686.
15. Guo J, Ren W, Li A, Ding Y, Guo W, Su D, Hu C, Xu K, Chen H, Xu X, et al: Fat mass and obesity-associated gene enhances oxidative stress and lipogenesis in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Digestive diseases and sciences 2013, 58:1004-1009.
16. Lim A, Zhou J, Sinha R, Singh B, Ghosh S, Lim K, Chow P, Woon E, Yen P: Hepatic FTO expression is increased in NASH and its silencing attenuates palmitic acid-induced lipotoxicity. Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2016, 479:476-481.
17. Kang H, Zhang Z, Yu L, Li Y, Liang M, Zhou L: FTO reduces mitochondria and promotes hepatic fat accumulation through RNA demethylation. J Cell Biochem 2018, 119:5676-5685.
18. Chen A, Chen X, Cheng S, Shu L, Yan M, Yao L, Wang B, Huang S, Zhou L, Yang Z, Liu G: FTO promotes SREBP1c maturation and enhances CIDEC transcription during lipid accumulation in HepG2 cells. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Biol Lipids 2018, 1863:538-548.
19. Zhu T, Yong XLH, Xia D, Widagdo J, Anggono V: Ubiquitination Regulates the Proteasomal Degradation and Nuclear Translocation of the Fat Mass and Obesity-Associated (FTO) Protein. J Mol Biol 2018, 430:363-371.
20. Montagner A, Polizzi A, Fouché E, Ducheix S, Lippi Y, Lasserre F, Barquissau V, Régnier M, Lukowicz C, Benhamed F, et al: Liver PPARα is crucial for whole-body fatty acid homeostasis and is protective against NAFLD. Gut 2016, 65:1202-1214.
21. Chen J, Zhou X, Wu W, Wang X, Wang Y: FTO-dependent function of N6-methyladenosine is involved in the hepatoprotective effects of betaine on adolescent mice. Journal of physiology and biochemistry 2015, 71:405-413.
22. Stratigopoulos G, Padilla S, LeDuc C, Watson E, Hattersley A, McCarthy M, Zeltser L, Chung W, Leibel R: Regulation of Fto/Ftm gene expression in mice and humans. American journal of physiology Regulatory, integrative and comparative physiology 2008, 294:R1185-1196.
23. Gao X, Shin Y, Li M, Wang F, Tong Q, Zhang P: The fat mass and obesity associated gene FTO functions in the brain to regulate postnatal growth in mice. PloS one 2010, 5:e14005.