1. W.H.O: Making pregnancy safer: the critical role of the skilled attendant: A joint statement by WHO, ICM and FIGO. https://www.who.int/reproductivehealth/publications/maternal_perinatal_health/9241591692/en/. 2004.
2. Mekonnen T, Dune T, Perz J: Maternal health service utilisation of adolescent women in sub-Saharan Africa: a systematic scoping review. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2019, 19(1):366.
3. Pearson L, Larsson M, Fauveau V, Standley J: Childbirth care. file:///C:/Users/GODGIV~1/AppData/Local/Temp/aonsectionIII_3-1.pdf. 2021.
4. Garenne M, McCaa R: Maternal mortality for 181 countries, 1980-2008. Lancet 2010, 376(9750):1389.
5. Bhandari TR, Kutty VR, Sarma PS, Dangal G: Safe delivery care practices in western Nepal: Does women's autonomy influence the utilization of skilled care at birth? PLoS One 2017, 12(8):e0182485.
6. Ononokpono DN, Odimegwu CO: Determinants of Maternal Health Care Utilization in Nigeria: a multilevel approach. Pan Afr Med J 2014, 17 Suppl 1:2.
7. Chavane LA, Bailey P, Loquiha O, Dgedge M, Aerts M, Temmerman M: Maternal death and delays in accessing emergency obstetric care in Mozambique. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2018, 18(1):71.
8. Allou L: Factors influencing the utilization of TBA services by women in the Tolon district of the northern region of Ghana. Scientific African 2018.
9. Manyeh AK, Akpakli DE, Kukula V, Ekey RA, Narh-Bana S, Adjei A, Gyapong M: Socio-demographic determinants of skilled birth attendant at delivery in rural southern Ghana. BMC Res Notes 2017, 10(1):268.
10. Gudu W, Addo B: Factors associated with utilization of skilled service delivery among women in rural Northern Ghana: a cross sectional study. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2017, 17(1):159.
11. Saaka M, Akuamoah-Boateng J: Prevalence and Determinants of Rural-Urban Utilization of Skilled Delivery Services in Northern Ghana. Scientifica (Cairo) 2020, 2020:9373476.
12. Banke-Thomas A, Ayomoh FI, Abejirinde IO, Banke-Thomas O, Eboreime EA, Ameh CA: Cost of Utilising Maternal Health Services in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: A Systematic Review. Int J Health Policy Manag 2020.
13. Vargas V, Ahmed S, Adams AM: Factors enabling comprehensive maternal health services in the benefits package of emerging financing schemes: A cross-sectional analysis from 1990 to 2014. PLoS One 2018, 13(9):e0201398.
14. Singh K, Osei-Akoto I, Otchere F, Sodzi-Tettey S, Barrington C, Huang C, Fordham C, Speizer I: Ghana's National Health insurance scheme and maternal and child health: a mixed methods study. BMC Health Serv Res 2015, 15:108.
15. Koduah A, van Dijk H, Agyepong IA: The role of policy actors and contextual factors in policy agenda setting and formulation: maternal fee exemption policies in Ghana over four and a half decades. Health Res Policy Syst 2015, 13:27.
16. Afful-Mensah G N-AE, Boakye-Yiadom L.: Rural-urban differences in the utilization of maternal healthcare in Ghana: the case of antenatal and delivery services. Int J Food Sci 2021, 2021:6415620.
17. Nuamah GB, Agyei-Baffour P, Mensah KA, Boateng D, Quansah DY, Dobin D, Addai-Donkor K: Access and utilization of maternal healthcare in a rural district in the forest belt of Ghana. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2019, 19(1):6.
18. Abebe HT, Adhana MT, Gebremichael MW, Gezae KE, Gebreslassie AA: Magnitude, trends and determinants of skilled delivery from Kilite-Awlaelo Health Demographic Surveillance System, Northern Ethiopia, 2009- 2017. PLoS One 2021, 16(9):e0254146.
19. Nyongesa C, Xu X, Hall JJ, Macharia WM, Yego F, Hall B: Factors influencing choice of skilled birth attendance at ANC: evidence from the Kenya demographic health survey. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2018, 18(1):88.
20. Gitonga E, Muiruri F: Determinants of health facility delivery among women in Tharaka Nithi county, Kenya. Pan Afr Med J 2016, 25(Suppl 2):9.
21. Damian DJ, Tibelerwa JY, John B, Philemon R, Mahande MJ, Msuya SE: Factors influencing utilization of skilled birth attendant during childbirth in the Southern highlands, Tanzania: a multilevel analysis. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2020, 20(1):420.
22. Ameyaw EK, Dickson KS: Skilled birth attendance in Sierra Leone, Niger, and Mali: analysis of demographic and health surveys. BMC Public Health 2020, 20(1):164.
23. Mwangi W, Gachuno O, Desai M, Obor D, Were V, Odhiambo F, Nyaguara A, Laserson KF: Uptake of skilled attendance along the continuum of care in rural Western Kenya: selected analysis from Global Health initiative survey-2012. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2018, 18(1):175.
24. Cotter K, Hawken M, Temmerman M: Low use of skilled attendants' delivery services in rural Kenya. J Health Popul Nutr 2006, 24(4):467-471.
25. Joseph G, da Silva IC, Wehrmeister FC, Barros AJ, Victora CG: Inequalities in the coverage of place of delivery and skilled birth attendance: analyses of cross-sectional surveys in 80 low and middle-income countries. Reprod Health 2016, 13(1):77.
26. Rahman MA, Rahman MA, Rawal LB, Paudel M, Howlader MH, Khan B, Siddiquee T, Rahman A, Sarkar A, Rahman MS et al: Factors influencing place of delivery: Evidence from three south-Asian countries. PLoS One 2021, 16(4):e0250012.
27. Choulagai B, Onta S, Subedi N, Mehata S, Bhandari GP, Poudyal A, Shrestha B, Mathai M, Petzold M, Krettek A: Barriers to using skilled birth attendants' services in mid- and far-western Nepal: a cross-sectional study. BMC Int Health Hum Rights 2013, 13:49.
28. Johnson FA, Frempong-Ainguah F, Matthews Z, Harfoot AJ, Nyarko P, Baschieri A, Gething PW, Falkingham J, Atkinson PM: Evaluating the impact of the community-based health planning and services initiative on uptake of skilled birth care in Ghana. PLoS One 2015, 10(3):e0120556.
29. Apanga PA, Awoonor-Williams JK: Maternal Death in Rural Ghana: A Case Study in the Upper East Region of Ghana. Front Public Health 2018, 6:101.
30. Kitui J, Lewis S, Davey G: Factors influencing place of delivery for women in Kenya: an analysis of the Kenya demographic and health survey, 2008/2009. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2013, 13:40.
31. Ghana Statistical Service (GSS), Ghana Health Service (GHS), and ICF International. 2015. Ghana Demographic and Health Survey 2014. Rockville, Maryland, USA: GSS, GHS, and ICF International.
32. Dotse-Gborgbortsi W, Dwomoh D, Alegana V, Hill A, Tatem AJ, Wright J: The influence of distance and quality on utilisation of birthing services at health facilities in Eastern Region, Ghana. BMJ Glob Health 2019, 4(Suppl 5):e002020.
33. Alemayehu M, Mekonnen W: The Prevalence of Skilled Birth Attendant Utilization and Its Correlates in North West Ethiopia. Biomed Res Int 2015, 2015:436938.
34. Wilunda C, Quaglio G, Putoto G, Takahashi R, Calia F, Abebe D, Manenti F, Dalla Riva D, Betran AP, Atzori A: Determinants of utilisation of antenatal care and skilled birth attendant at delivery in South West Shoa Zone, Ethiopia: a cross sectional study. Reprod Health 2015, 12:74.
35. Umer A, Zinsstag J, Schelling E, Tschopp R, Hattendof J, Osman K, Yuya M, Ame A, Zemp E: Antenatal care and skilled delivery service utilisation in Somali pastoral communities of Eastern Ethiopia. Trop Med Int Health 2020, 25(3):328-337.
36. Fekadu GA, Kassa GM, Berhe AK, Muche AA, Katiso NA: The effect of antenatal care on use of institutional delivery service and postnatal care in Ethiopia: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC Health Serv Res 2018, 18(1):577.
37. Sharma SR, Poudyal AK, Devkota BM, Singh S: Factors associated with place of delivery in rural Nepal. BMC Public Health 2014, 14:306.
38. Karkee R, Binns CW, Lee AH: Determinants of facility delivery after implementation of safer mother programme in Nepal: a prospective cohort study. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2013, 13:193.
39. Karkee R, Lee AH, Binns CW: Birth preparedness and skilled attendance at birth in Nepal: implications for achieving millennium development goal 5. Midwifery 2013, 29(10):1206-1210.
40. Teklesilasie W, Deressa W: Husbands' involvement in antenatal care and its association with women's utilization of skilled birth attendants in Sidama zone, Ethiopia: a prospective cohort study. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2018, 18(1):315.
41. Greenspan JA, Chebet JJ, Mpembeni R, Mosha I, Mpunga M, Winch PJ, Killewo J, Baqui AH, McMahon SA: Men's roles in care seeking for maternal and newborn health: a qualitative study applying the three delays model to male involvement in Morogoro Region, Tanzania. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2019, 19(1):293.
42. Ganle JK, Kombet ML, Baatiema L: Factors influencing the use of supervised delivery services in Garu-Tempane District, Ghana. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2019, 19(1):141.
43. Speizer IS, Story WT, Singh K: Factors associated with institutional delivery in Ghana: the role of decision-making autonomy and community norms. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 2014, 14:398.