1. Storr J, Twyman A, Zingg W, Damani N, Kilpatrick C, et al. Core components for effective infection prevention and control programmes: new WHO evidence-based recommendations. Antimicrob Resist Infect Control 2017; 6:6. doi: 10.1186/s13756-016-0149-9. eCollection 2017.
2. Guidelines on core components of infection prevention and control programmes at the national and acute health care facility level. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2016.
3. Infection prevention and control healthcare facility response for COVID-19. Interim guidance. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2020.
4. Song J, Kim S, Kim KM, Choi SJ, Oh HS, Park ES, et al. Prospective estimation of extra health care costs and hospitalization due to nosocomial infections in Korean Hospitals. Korean J healthc assoc Infect Control Prev 1999;4:157-65.
5. Jeong Y, Kim K. A Comparative Analysis of Healthcare-Associated Infection Policy in South Korea and Its Implications in Coronavirus Disease 2019. J health policy manag 2021;31(3):312-327. doi: https://doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2021.31.3.327.
6. Infection Prevention and Control Assessment Framework: World Health Organization; 2018. https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/WHO-HIS-SDS-2018.9. PDF. Accessed 24 Oct 2021.
7. Aghdassi S, Hansen S, Bischoff P, Behnke M, Gastmeier P. A national survey on the implementation of key infection prevention and control structures in German hospitals: results from 736 hospitals conducting the WHO Infection Prevention and Control Assessment Framework (IPCAF). Antimicrob Resist Infect Control 2019 May 8;8:73. doi: 10.1186/s13756-019-0532-4.
8. Aghdassi S, Grisold A, Wechsler-Fördös A, Hansen S, Bischoff P, et al. Evaluating infection prevention and control programs in Austrian acute care hospitals using the WHO Infection Prevention and Control Assessment Framework. Antimicrob Resist Infect Control 2020 Jun 22;9(1):92. doi: 10.1186/s13756-020-00761-2.
9. Haley RW, Culver DH, White JW, Morgan WM, Emori TG, Munn VP, et al. The efficacy of infection surveillance and control programs in preventing nosocomial infections in US hospitals. Am J Epidemiol. 1985;121(2):182-205.
10. Zingg W, Holmes A, Dettenkofer M, Goetting T, Secci F, Clack L, et al. Hospital organisation, management, and structure for prevention of health-care-associated infection: a systematic review and expert consensus. Lancet Infect Dis. 2015;15(2):212-24. doi: 10.1016/S1473-3099(14)70854-0.
11. Viana WN, Bragazzi C, Couto de Castro JE, Alves MB, Rocco JR. Ventilator-associated pneumonia prevention by education and two combined bedside strategies. Int J Qual Health Care. 2013;25(3):308-13. doi: 10.1093/intqhc/mzt025.
12. Turnberg W, Daniell W, Simpson T, Van Buren J, Seixas N, Lipkin E, et al. Personal healthcare worker (HCW) and work-site characteristics that affect HCWs’ use of respiratory-infection control measures in ambulatory healthcare settings. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2009;30(1):47-52. doi: 10.1086/592707.
13. Rosenthal VD, McCormick RD, Guzman S, Villamayor C, Orellano PW. Effect of education and performance feedback on handwashing: the benefit of administrative support in Argentinean hospitals. Am J Infect Control. 2003;31(2):85-92. doi: 10.1067/mic.2003.63.
14. Choi Y. Prospective nationwide healthcare-associated infection surveillance system in South Korea. J Korean Med Assoc 2018;61(1):21-25. doi: https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2018.61.1.21
15. Ministry of Health and Welfare, Republic of Korea. National Policy for Prevention and Management of Healthcare-associated Infection 2018-2022. [cited 11 Jul 2021]. Available from: http://www.mohw.go.kr/react/al/sal0301vw.jsp?PAR_MENU_ID=04&MENU_ID=0403&page=1&CONT_SEQ=345237
16. Liu C, Yoon E, Kim D, Shin J, Shin K, et al. Antimicrobial resistance in South Korea: A report from the Korean global antimicrobial resistance surveillance system (Kor-GLASS) for 2017. J Infect Chemother 2019;25(11):845-859. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiac.2019.06.010
17. Park J, Seo Y, Kim S, Park H, Eom J, et al. Incidence of Catheter-associated Urinary Tract Infection in Hospitals with Less than 300 Beds. Korean J Healthc Assoc Infect Control Prev 2019;24(1):11-18. doi: https://doi.org/10.14192/kjhaicp.2019.24.1.11
18. Policy statement on antimicrobial stewardship by the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA), the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA), and the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society (PIDS). Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2012;33:322e7.
19. Struelens MJ, Wagner D, Bruce J, MacKenzie FM, Cookson BD, Voss A, et al. Status of infection control policies and organisation in European hospitals, 2001: the ARPAC study. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2006;12(8):729–37. doi: 10.1111/j.1469-0691.2006.01462.x.
20. Jackson CA, Wison DA. World at work: Hospital pharmacy clean‐rooms. Occup Environ Med. 2006 Jan; 63(1): 68–70. doi: 10.1136/oem.2005.020719