1. COVID-19 dashboard. https//coronavirus.jhu.edu/map:html, (2021).
2. Omura, S. & Crump, A. Ivermectin: Panacea for resource-poor communities? Trends Parasitol. 30, 445–455 (2014). 10.1016/j.pt.2014.07.005, Pubmed:25130507.
3. US Senate Committee on Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs. Early outpatient treatment: an essential part of a COVID-19 solution, part II. Accessed December 19, 2020. https://www.hsgac. senate.gov/early-outpatient-treatment-anessential-part-of-a-covid-19-solution-part-ii
4. Chen, I. S. & Kubo, Y. Ivermectin and its target molecules: Shared and unique modulation mechanisms of ion channels and receptors by ivermectin. J. Physiol. 596, 1833–1845 (2018). 10.1113/JP275236, Pubmed:29063617.
5. Alam, M. T. et al. A case series of 100 COVID-19 positive patients treated with combination of ivermectin and doxycycline. J. Bangladesh Coll. Phys.. 38, 10–15 (2020). 10.3329/jbcps.v38i0.47512.
6. Bhattacharya, R., et al. Observational Study on Clinical Features, Treatment and Outcome of COVID 19 in a tertiary care Centre in India- a retrospective case series. medRxiv (2020.08.14). 10.1101/2020.08.12.20170282.
7. Hector, C., et al. Safety and Efficacy of the Combined Use of Ivermectin, Dexamethasone, Enoxaparin and Aspirin against COVID-19. medRxiv (2020.09.15). 10.1101/2020.09.10.20191619.
8. Khan, M. S. I., et al. Ivermectin treatment may improve the prognosis of patients with COVID-19. Arch. Bronconeumol. 56, 828–830 (2020). 10.1016/j.arbres.2020.08.007
9. Rajter, J. C., et al. Use of ivermectin is associated With lower mortality in hospitalized patients With coronavirus disease 2019 - The ICON study. Chest (2020).
10. Chachar, A. Z. K. et al. Effectiveness of ivermectin in SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 patients. Int. J. Sci. 9, 31–35 (2020).
11. Galan, L. E. B. et al. Phase 2 randomized study on chloroquine, hydroxychloroquine or ivermectin in hospitalized patients with severe manifestations of SARS-CoV-2 infection. Pathog. Glob. Health 115, 235–242 (2021). 10.1080/20477724.2021.1890887, Pubmed:33682640.
12. Cortegiani, A. et al. Rationale and evidence on the use of tocilizumab in COVID-19: A systematic review. Pulmonology 27, 52–66 (2021). 10.1016/j.pulmoe.2020.07.003, Pubmed:32713784.
13. US Food and Drug Administration. https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-authorizes-additional-oral-antiviral-treatment-covid-19-certain.
14. Caly, L., Druce, J. D., Catton, M. G., Jans, D. A. & Wagstaff, K. M. The FDA-approved drug ivermectin inhibits the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in vitro. Antiviral Res. 178, 104787 (2020). 10.1016/j.antiviral.2020.104787, Pubmed:32251768.
15. Espitia-Hernandez, M. L. et al. Effects of ivermectin-azithromycin-cholecalciferol combined therapy on COVID-19 infected patients: A proof of concept study. Biomed. Res. 31, 129–133 (2020).
16. Mahmud, R. et al. Ivermectin in combination with doxycycline for treating COVID-19 symptoms: A randomized trial. J. Int. Med. Res. 49, 3000605211013550 (2021). 10.1177/03000605211013550, PMID: 33983065, PMCID: PMC8127799.
17. Camprubí, D. et al. Lack of efficacy of standard doses of ivermectin in severe COVID-19 patients. PLOS ONE 15, e0242184 (2020). 10.1371/journal.pone.0242184. Pubmed:33175880.
18. Chowdhury, A. T. M. M., et al. A Randomized Trial of Ivermectin-Doxycycline and HydroxychloroquineAzithromycin Therapy on COVID19 Patients. 10.21203/rs.3 (DOI, Research Square).
19. Hashim, H. A. et al. Controlled randomized clinical trial on using ivermectin with doxycycline for treating COVID-19 patients in Baghdad, Iraq. medRxiv 2020. 10.1101/2020.10.26.20219345 [Preprint 27 October 2020].
20. Chaccour, C. et al. The effect of early treatment with ivermectin on viral load, symptoms and humoral response in patients with non-severe COVID-19: A pilot, double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized clinical trial. EClinicalmedicine 32, 100720 (2021). 10.1016/j.eclinm.2020.100720.
21. Shahbaznejad, L. et al. Effects of ivermectin in patients With COVID-19: A multicenter, double-blind, randomized, controlled clinical trial. Clin. Ther. 43, 1007–1019 (2021). 10.1016/j.clinthera.2021.04.007, PMID: 34052007, PMCID: PMC8101859.
22. Okumuş, N. et al. Evaluation of the effectiveness and safety of adding ivermectin to treatment in severe COVID-19 patients. BMC Infect. Dis. 21, 411 (2021). 10.1186/s12879-021-06104-9, PMID: 33947344, PMCID: PMC8093585.
23. Bukhari, S. K. H. S., et al. Efficacy of ivermectin in COVID-19 patients with mild to moderate disease. medRxiv 2021. 10.1101/2021.02.02.21250840 [Preprint 5 February 2021].
24. Ravikirti, R. R., et al. Ivermectin as a potential treatment for mild to moderate COVID-19–A double blind randomized placebo-controlled trial. medRxiv 2021. 10.1101/2021.01.05.21249310 [Preprint 9 January 2021].
25. Ahmed, S. et al. A five-day course of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19 may reduce the duration of illness. Int. J. Infect. Dis. 103, 214–216 (2021). 10.1016/j.ijid.2020.11.191, Pubmed:33278625.
26. Heidary, F. & Gharebaghi, R. Ivermectin: A systematic review from antiviral effects to COVID-19 complementary regimen. J. Antibiot. (Tokyo) 73, 593–602 (2020). 10.1038/s41429-020-0336-z, Pubmed:32533071. 9. Caly, L., Druce, J. D., Catton, M. G., Jans, D. A. & Wagstaff, K. M. The FDA-approved drug ivermectin inhibits the replication of SARS-CoV-2 in vitro. Antiviral Res. 178, 104787 (2020). 10.1016/j.antiviral.2020.104787, Pubmed:32251768.
27 Zu, Z. Y. et al. Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID- 19): A perspective from China. Radiology 296, 15–25 (2020). 10.1148/radiol.2020200490.
28 Kim, J. & Shin, W. How to do random allocation (Randomization). Clin. Orthop. Surg. 6, 103–109 (2014). 10.4055/cios.2014.6.1.103.