1. Kim DH, Beathe JC, Lin Y, YaDeau JT, Maalouf DB, Goytizolo E, et al. Addition of Infiltration Between the Popliteal Artery and the Capsule of the Posterior Knee and Adductor Canal Block to Periarticular Injection Enhances Postoperative Pain Control in Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Anesth Analg. 2019;129(2):526-35.
2. Wylde V, Rooker J, Halliday L, Blom A. Acute postoperative pain at rest after hip and knee arthroplasty: severity, sensory qualities and impact on sleep. Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2011;97(2):139-44.
3. Grosu I, Lavand'homme P, Thienpont E. Pain after knee arthroplasty: an unresolved issue. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2014;22(8):1744-58.
4. Burns LC, Ritvo SE, Ferguson MK, Clarke H, Seltzer Z, Katz J. Pain catastrophizing as a risk factor for chronic pain after total knee arthroplasty: a systematic review. J Pain Res. 2015;8:21-32.
5. Lovald ST, Ong KL, Lau EC, Joshi GP, Kurtz SM, Malkani AL. Readmission and Complications for Catheter and Injection Femoral Nerve Block Administration After Total Knee Arthroplasty in the Medicare Population. J Arthroplasty. 2015;30(12):2076-81.
6. Di Francesco A, Flamini S, Pizzoferrato R, Fusco P, Paglia A. Continuous intraarticular and periarticular levobupivacaine for management of pain relief after total knee arthroplasty: A prospective randomized, double-blind pilot study. J Orthop. 2016;13(3):119-22.
7. Stowers MD, Manuopangai L, Hill AG, Gray JR, Coleman B, Munro JT. Enhanced Recovery After Surgery in elective hip and knee arthroplasty reduces length of hospital stay. ANZ J Surg. 2016;86(6):475-9.
8. Moucha CS, Weiser MC, Levin EJ. Current Strategies in Anesthesia and Analgesia for Total Knee Arthroplasty. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2016;24(2):60-73.
9. Li D, Tan Z, Kang P, Shen B, Pei F. Effects of multi-site infiltration analgesia on pain management and early rehabilitation compared with femoral nerve or adductor canal block for patients undergoing total knee arthroplasty: a prospective randomized controlled trial. Int Orthop. 2017;41(1):75-83.
10. Li D, Alqwbani M, Wang Q, Liao R, Yang J, Kang P. Efficacy of Adductor Canal Block Combined With Additional Analgesic Methods for Postoperative Analgesia in Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Prospective, Double-Blind, Randomized Controlled Study. J Arthroplasty. 2020;35(12):3554-62.
11. Wang Q, Hu J, Zeng Y, Li D, Yang J, Kang P. Efficacy of Two Unique Combinations of Nerve Blocks on Postoperative Pain and Functional Outcome After Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Prospective, Double-Blind, Randomized Controlled Study. J Arthroplasty. 2021;36(10):3421-31.
12. Vichainarong C, Kampitak W, Tanavalee A, Ngarmukos S, Songborassamee N. Analgesic efficacy of infiltration between the popliteal artery and capsule of the knee (iPACK) block added to local infiltration analgesia and continuous adductor canal block after total knee arthroplasty: a randomized clinical trial. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2020;45(11):872–9.
13. Okunlola O, Lai Y, Hebbalasankatte PPB. Addition of ipack block technique to adductor canal block and periarticular local infiltration for knee replacement surgery.
ASRA 45th annual regional anesthesiology and acute pain medicine meeting, San Francisco, Ca, 2020.
14. Chia P, Wang K, Grogan T. Ipack block has no additional benefit to patients who
receive an adductor canal catheter and intraarticular injection for tka. San Francisco,
CA: ASRA 45th Annual Regional Anesthesiology & Acute Pain Medicine Meeting, 2020.
15. Patterson ME, Vitter J, Bland K, Nossaman BD, Thomas LC, Chimento GF. The effect of the ipack block on pain after primary tka: a double-blinded, prospective, randomized trial. J Arthroplasty. 2020;35(6):S173–7.
16. Eccles CJ, Swiergosz AM, Smith AF, Bhimani SJ, Smith LS, Malkani AL. Decreased Opioid Consumption and Length of Stay Using an IPACK and Adductor Canal Nerve Block following Total Knee Arthroplasty. J Knee Surg. 2021;34(7):705-11.
17. Sankineani SR, Reddy ARC, Eachempati KK, Jangale A, Gurava Reddy AV. Comparison of adductor canal block and IPACK block (interspace between the popliteal artery and the capsule of the posterior knee) with adductor canal block alone after total knee arthroplasty: a prospective control trial on pain and knee function in immediate postoperative period. Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2018;28(7):1391-5.
18. Klement MR, Bullock WM, Nickel BT, Lampley AJ, Seyler TM, Green CL, et al. Continuous adductor canal blockade facilitates increased home discharge and decreased opioid consumption after total knee arthroplasty. Knee. 2019;26(3):679-86.
19. Zadoroznijs S. Ipack (interspace between the popliteal artery and the capsule of the posterior knee) block efficiency as aid for acb (adductor canal block) in postoperative analgesia after total knee arthroplasty (pilot study). German clinical trials register, 2019, DRKS00019069: drks. de.
20. Zhou X, Cheng H. The effect of ultrasound-guided adductor block combined with ipack block combined general anesthesia in analgesia after total knee arthroplasty. Zhejiang Journal of Traumatic Surgery. 2020;25:1004–5.
21. Hussain N, Brull R, Sheehy B, Dasu M, Weaver T, Abdallah FW. Does the addition of iPACK to adductor canal block in the presence or absence of periarticular local anesthetic infiltration improve analgesic and functional outcomes following total knee arthroplasty? A systematic review and meta-analysis. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2021;46(8):713-21.
22. Andersen CHS, Laier GH, Nielsen MV, Dam M, Hansen CK, Tanggaard K, et al. Transmuscular quadratus lumborum block for percutaneous nephrolithotomy: Study protocol for a dose-finding trial. Acta Anaesth Scand. 2020;64(8):1224-8.
23. Breivik H, Borchgrevink PC, Allen SM, Rosseland LA, Romundstad L, Hals EK, et al. Assessment of pain. Br J Anaesth. 2008;101(1):17-24.
24. Fang G, Wan L, Mei W, Yu HH, Luo AL. The minimum effective concentration (MEC90 ) of ropivacaine for ultrasound-guided supraclavicular brachial plexus block. Anaesthesia. 2016;71(6):700-5.
25. Tran DQ, Dugani S, Correa JA, Dyachenko A, Alsenosy N, Finlayson RJ. Minimum effective volume of lidocaine for ultrasound-guided supraclavicular block. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2011;36(5):466-9.
26. Stylianou M, Proschan M, Flournoy N. Estimating the probability of toxicity at the target dose following an up-and-down design. Stat Med. 2003;22(4):535–43.
27. Stylianou M, Flournoy N. Dose finding using the biased coin up-and-down design and isotonic regression. Biometrics. 2002;58(1):171–7.
28. Saranteas T, Finlayson RJ, Tran de QH. Dose-finding methodology for peripheral nerve blocks. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2014;39(6):550–5.
29. Ochroch J, Qi V, Badiola I, Grosh T, Cai L, Graff V, et al. Analgesic efficacy of adding the IPACK block to a multimodal analgesia protocol for primary total knee arthroplasty. Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2020;45(10):799-804.
30. Wang QR, Wang BW, Yang J. Adductor canal block combined with ipack block after total knee arthroplasty: a randomized controlled trial. Chinese Journal of Bone and Joint. 2020;9:730–6.
31. Tak R, Gurava Reddy AV, Jhakotia K, Karumuri K, Sankineani SR. Continuous adductor canal block is superior to adductor canal block alone or adductor canal block combined with IPACK block (interspace between the popliteal artery and the posterior capsule of knee) in postoperative analgesia and ambulation following total knee arthroplasty: randomized control trial. Musculoskelet Surg. 2020 Sep 27.
32. Bader AM, Datta S, Flanagan H, Covino BG. Comparison of bupivacaine- and ropivacaine-induced conduction blockade in the isolated rabbit vagus nerve. Anesth Analg. 1989;68(6): 24–7.
33. Li M, Wan L, Mei W, Tian Y. Update on the clinical utility and practical use of ropivacaine in Chinese patients. Drug Des Dev Ther. 2014;8:1269–76.
34. Pepper AM, Mercuri JJ, Behery OA, Vigdorchik JM. Total Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Perioperative Pain Management: What Should Be in the Cocktail. JBJS Rev. 2018;6(12):e5.
35. Vandepitte C, Gautier P, Xu D, Salviz EA, Hadzic A. Effective volume of ropivacaine 0.75% through a catheter required for interscalene brachial plexus blockade. Anesthesiology. 2013;118(4):863-7.
36. Taha AM, Abd-Elmaksoud AM. Lidocaine use in ultrasound-guided femoral nerve block: what is the minimum effective anaesthetic concentration (MEAC90)? Br J Anaesth. 2013;110(6):1040-4.
37. Singtana K. Comparison of adductor canal block and ipack block with adductor canal block alone for postoperative pain control in patients undergoing total knee arthroplasty. Thai Journal of Anesthesiology. 2020;47:1–9
38. Vijay M. Comparing continuous adductor canal block alone, with combined continuous adductor canal block with ipack in terms of early recovery and ambulation in patients undergoing unilateral total knee replacement - a prospective randomized double blinded study. Journal of Evidenced Based Medicine. 2020;7:47–51.