1. United Nations D of E and SAPD. Population 2030: Demographic challenges and opportunities for sustainable development planning. 2015.
2. Central Statistical Agency (CSA) [Ethiopia] and ICF. Ethiopia Demographic and Health Survey 2016. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and Rockville, Maryland, USA: CSA and ICF . 2016
3. Central Statistica Agency (CSA) [Ethiopia]. Population Projections for Ethiopia 2007-2037. 2013.
4. Kwame KA, Bain LE, Manu E, Tarkang EE. Use and awareness of emergency contraceptives among women of reproductive age in sub-Saharan Africa: a scoping review. BMC Contraception and Reproductive Medicine. 2022;7(1):1–14.
5. Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI) [Ethiopia] and ICF. Ethiopia Mini Demographic and Health Survey 2019: Final Report. Rockville, Maryland, USA: EPHI and ICF. 2021.
6. Latifat Ibisomi. Is age difference between partners associated with contraceptive use among married couples in Nigeria?. International Perspective on Sexual and Reproductive Health. 2014;40(1):39–45.
7. Stephen A Adebowale, Sunday A Adedini, Latifat D Ibisomi, Martin E Palamuleni. Differential effect of wealth quintile on modern contraceptive use and fertility: Evidence from Malawian women. BMC Womens Health. 2014;14(1).
8. Chinelo C. Okigbo, Ilene S. Speizer, Marisa E. Domino,Sian L.Curtis. A Multilevel Logit Estimation of Factors Associated With Modern Contraception in Urban Nigeria. World Med Health Policy. 2017;9(1):65–88.
9. Yihunie Lakew, Ayalu A Reda , Habtamu Tamene, Susan Benedict, Kebede Deribe. Geographical variation and factors influencing modern contraceptive use among married women in Ethiopia: Evidence from a national population based survey.BioMed Central Reproductive Health. 2013;10(52):2-10.
10. Michelle J Hindin, Laura J McGough, Richard M Adanu. Misperceptions, misinformation and myths about modern contraceptive use in Ghana. BMJ Sexual & Reproductive. 2014;40(1):30–35.
11. Central Statistical Agency (CSA) [Ethiopia] and ICF. Ethiopia Demographic and Health Survey 2005. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and Rockville, Maryland, USA: CSA and ICF . 2005
12. Central Statistical Agency (CSA) [Ethiopia] and ICF. Ethiopia Demographic and Health Survey 2011. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, and Rockville, Maryland, USA: CSA and ICF . 2011.
13. Ministry of Health [Ethiopia]. Health Sector Transformation Plan I Health and Health Related Indicators. 2020.
14. Philomina Akadity Aviisah, Samuel Dery, Benedicta Kafui Atsu, Alfred Yawson, Refah M. Alotaibi. Modern contraceptive use among women of reproductive age in Ghana: Analysis of the 2003-2014 Ghana Demographic and Health Surveys. BMC Women's Health. 2018;18(1):1–10.
15. Mbdu Fidele Muanda, Gahungo Parfait Ndongo, Lauren J. Messina, Jane T. Bertrand. Barriers to modern contraceptive use in rural areas in DRC. Culture, Health and Sexuality. 2017;19(9):1011–1023, DOI: 10.1080/13691058.2017.1286690.
16. Ndola Prata, Suzanne Bell, Ashley Fraser, Adelaide Carvalho, Isilde Neves, Benjamin Nieto-Andrade. Partner support for family planning and modern contraceptive use in Luanda, Angola. African Journal of Reproductive Health. 2017;21(2):35–48.
17. Afework Tadele, Amanuel Tesfay, Alemi Kebede. Factors influencing decision-making power regarding reproductive health and rights among married women in Mettu rural district, south-west, Ethiopia. BMC Reproductive Health. 2019;16(1):1–9.
18. USAID. Inequalities in the Use of Family Planning and Reproductive Health Services : Implications for Policies and Programs. Health Policy Initiative. 2007.