(1) Nguyen R, Fiest KM, McChesney J, Kwon CS, Jette N, Frolkis AD, et al. The international incidence of traumatic brain injury: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Canadian journal of neurological sciences 2016;43(6):774-85.
(2) Li M, Zhao Z, Yu G, Zhang J. Epidemiology of traumatic brain injury over the world: a systematic review. General medicine: open access 2016;4(5):e275.
(3) Saatian M, Ahmadpoor J, Mohammadi Y, Mazloumi E. Epidemiology and pattern of traumatic brain injury in a developing country regional trauma center. Bulletin of Emergency & Trauma 2018;6(1):45.
(4) Tang Q, Lei J, Gao G, Feng J, Mao Q, Jiang J. Prevalence of persistent vegetative state in patients with severe traumatic brain injury and its trend during the past four decades: A meta-analysis. NeuroRehabilitation 2017;40(1):23-31.
(5) Adams ZM, Fins JJ. The historical origins of the vegetative state: Received wisdom and the utility of the text. Journal of the History of the Neurosciences 2017;26(2):140-53.
(6) Real RG, Veser S, Erlbeck H, Risetti M, Vogel D, M++ller F, et al. Information processing in patients in vegetative and minimally conscious states. Clinical Neurophysiology 2016;127(2):1395-402.
(7) Owen AM, Schiff ND, Laureys S. The assessment of conscious awareness in the vegetative state. The Neurology of Conciousness. Elsevier; 2016. p. 155-66.
(8) Dilling D. Diagnostic criteria for persistent vegetative state. AMA Journal of Ethics 2007;9(5):359-61.
(9) Georgiopoulos M, Katsakiori P, Kefalopoulou Z, Ellul J, Chroni E, Constantoyannis C. Vegetative state and minimally conscious state: a review of the therapeutic interventions. Stereotactic and functional neurosurgery 2010;88(4):199-207.
(10) Puggina ACG, Da Silva MJlP, Schnakers C, Laureys S. Nursing care of patients with disorders of consciousness. Journal of Neuroscience Nursing 2012;44(5):260-70.
(11) Payne K, Taylor RM, Stocking C, Sachs GA. Physicians' attitudes about the care of patients in the persistent vegetative state: a national survey. Annals of internal medicine 1996;125(2):104-10.
(12) Ramezani F, Sobhani M. Euthanasia from Iran law and Islamic legislation perspective. International Journal of Human Rights and Constitutional Studies 2016;4(2):153-65.
(13) Estraneo A, Moretta P, Loreto V, Lanzillo B, Santoro L, Trojano L. Late recovery after traumatic, anoxic, or hemorrhagic long-lasting vegetative state. Neurology 2010;75(3):239-45.
(14) Corallo F, Bonanno L, Lo Buono V, De Salvo S, Rifici C, Bramanti P, et al. Psychological distress of family members of vegetative and minimally conscious state patients. Acta Medica Mediterranea 2015;31(2):297-302.
(15) Soeterik SM, Connolly S, Playford ED, Duport S, Riazi A. The psychological impact of prolonged disorders of consciousness on caregivers: a systematic review of quantitative studies. Clinical rehabilitation 2017;31(10):1374-85.
(16) Ramezani M, Mohammadi M, Beigmohammadi MT, Abtahi H, Ahmadi M, Safavi E. Admission and Discharge from ICU: Do We Have any Protocol? Archives of Anesthesiology and Critical Care 2015;1(4):141-3.
(17) Noohi E, Peyrovi H, Goghary ZI, Kazemi M. Perception of social support among family caregivers of vegetative patients: A qualitative study. Consciousness and Cognition 2016;41:150-8.
(18) Goudarzi F, Abedi H, Zarea K, Ahmadi F. Multiple victims: The result of caring patients in vegetative state. Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal 2015;17(6).
(19) Goudarzi F, Abedi H, Zarea K, Ahmadi F, Hosseinigolafshani SZ. The resilient care of patients with vegetative state at home: a grounded theory. Journal of caring sciences 2018;7(3):163.
(20) Mihas P. Qualitative data analysis. Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Education. 2019.
(21) Jackson C, Vaughan DR, Brown L. Discovering lived experiences through descriptive phenomenology. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management 2018;30(11):3309-25.
(22) Etikan I, Musa SA, Alkassim RS. Comparison of convenience sampling and purposive sampling. American journal of theoretical and applied statistics 2016;5(1):1-4.
(23) Saunders B, Sim J, Kingstone T, Baker S, Waterfield J, Bartlam B, et al. Saturation in qualitative research: exploring its conceptualization and operationalization. Quality & quantity 2018;52(4):1893-907.
(24) Morrow R, Rodriguez A, King N. ColaizziGÇÖs descriptive phenomenological method. The psychologist 2015;28(8):643-4.
(25) Shenton AK. Strategies for ensuring trustworthiness in qualitative research projects. Education for information 2004;22(2):63-75.
(26) Yousefzadeh-Chabok S, Emamhadi M, Alijani B, Cheragh Sepehr M, Khodadadi-Hassankiadeh N. Psychopathological Symptoms in Caregivers of Patients With Vegetative State. Caspian Journal of Neurological Sciences 2018;4(2):57-63.
(27) Pagani M, Giovannetti AM, Covelli V, Sattin D, Raggi A, Leonardi M. Physical and mental health, anxiety and depressive symptoms in caregivers of patients in vegetative state and minimally conscious state. Clinical psychology & psychotherapy 2014;21(5):420-6.
(28) Chiambretto P, Moroni L, Guarnerio C, Bertolotti G, Prigerson HG. Prolonged grief and depression in caregivers of patients in vegetative state. Brain Injury 2010;24(4):581-8.
(29) Chiambretto P, Ferrario SR, Zotti AM. Patients in a persistent vegetative state: caregiver attitudes and reactions. Acta Neurologica Scandinavica 2001;104(6):364-8.
(30) Shin JY, Lim J, Shin DW, Kim SY, Yang H, Cho J, et al. Underestimated caregiver burden by cancer patients and its association with quality of life, depression and anxiety among caregivers. European journal of cancer care 2018;27(2):e12814.
(31) Kleinpell RM, Powers MJ. Needs of family members of intensive care unit patients. Applied nursing research 1992;5(1):2-8.
(32) Akbari M, Alavi M, Irajpour A, Maghsoudi J. Challenges of family caregivers of patients with mental disorders in Iran: A narrative review. Iranian journal of nursing and midwifery research 2018;23(5):329.
(33) Li YH, Xu ZP. Psychological crisis intervention for the family members of patients in a vegetative state. Clinics 2012;67(4):341-5.
(34) Borjalilu S, Shahidi S, Mazaheri MA, Emami AH. Spiritual care training for mothers of children with cancer: effects on quality of care and mental health of caregivers. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 2016;17(2):545-52.
(35) Eifert EK. Religious Coping While Providing Care for Someone with Alzheimer's Disease. Perspectives on Science and Christian Faith 2017;69(4):217-8.
(36) Nemati S, Rassouli M, Baghestani AR. The spiritual challenges faced by family caregivers of patients with cancer: A qualitative study. Holistic nursing practice 2017;31(2):110-7.
(37) Imani-Goghary Z, Noohi E, Peyrovi H, Kazemi M. Exploring the role of spirituality in coping process of family caregivers of patients in vegetative state. Journal of Advances in Medicine and Medical Research 2016;1-11.
(38) Cipolletta S, Pasi M, Avesani R. Vita tua, mors mea: the experience of family caregivers of patients in a vegetative state. Journal of health psychology 2016;21(7):1197-206.
(39) Goudarzi F, Abedi HA, Zarea K, Ahmadinejad F. Caring experiences and challenges of families with patients in vegetative state. Journal of clinical nursing and midwifery 2015;3.
(40) Abbaszadeh A, Abdi A. Nursing shortage challenge: A serious threat for the health system: A review study. Community Health Journal 2015;9(1):37-47.
(41) Bahrami M, Etemadifar S, Shahriari M, Farsani AK. Caregiver burden among Iranian heart failure family caregivers: A descriptive, exploratory, qualitative study. Iranian journal of nursing and midwifery research 2014;19(1):56.
(42) Ashrafian S, Feizollahzadeh H, Rahmani A, Davoodi A. The Unmet Needs of the Family Caregivers of Patients with Cancer Visiting a Referral Hospital in Iran. Asia-Pacific journal of oncology nursing 2018;5(3):342.