1. National Bureau of Statistics of China. Data Briefing from China's 2020 Census. 2021.
2. Statistical Communique of National Economic and Social Development in 2019 [press release]. 2020/02/28.
3. Wang F-L. Reformed Migration Control and New Targeted People: China's Hukou System in the 2000s. The China Quarterly. 2004;177:115-32.
4. Liang Z. China's Great Migration and the Prospects of a More Integrated Society. Annual Review of Sociology. 2016;42(1):451-71.
5. Müller A. Hukou and Health Insurance Coverage for Migrant Workers. Journal of Current Chinese Affairs. 2016;45(2):53-82.
6. Chen S, Chen Y, Feng Z, Chen X, Wang Z, Zhu J, et al. Barriers of effective health insurance coverage for rural-to-urban migrant workers in China: a systematic review and policy gap analysis. BMC Public Health. 2020;20(1):408.
7. Tong L, Kawachi I. Experiences of discrimination and self-reported health in Chinese migrants: a structural equation model. BMC Public Health. 2020;20(1):1477.
8. Lu L, Zeng J, Zeng Z. Demographic, socio-economic, and health factors associated with use of health services among internal migrants in China: an analysis of data from a nationwide cross-sectional survey. The Lancet. 2016;388:S5.
9. Zhang J, Lin S, Liang D, Qian Y, Zhang D, Hou Z. Public Health Services Utilization and Its Determinants among Internal Migrants in China: Evidence from a Nationally Representative Survey. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2017;14(9).
10. Chen F, Liu H, Vikram K, Guo Y. For Better or Worse: The Health Implications of Marriage Separation Due to Migration in Rural China. Demography. 2015;52(4):1321-43.
11. Chen J. Internal Migration and Health: Re-examining the Healthy Migrant Phenomenon in China. Social Science & Medicine. 2011;72(8):1294-301.
12. Yuan B, Balabanova D, Gao J, Tang S, Guo Y. Strengthening public health services to achieve universal health coverage in China. BMJ. 2019;365:l2358.
13. Qin J. Progress in Basic Health Service Projects in China. Chinese Journal of Public Health. 2017;33(9):1289-97.
14. NHFPCC. A Pilot Plan to Promote the Equalization of Basic Public Health Services for Migrants. In: National Health and Family Planning Commission of China, editor. Beijing2013.
15. Wang F, Li Y, Ding X, Dai T. The National Essential Public Health Services Project in China: Progress and Equity. Chinese Journal of Health Policy. 2013;6(5):9-14.
16. Wu H, Sun G, Chen X, Chen F, Wang C, Wang P, et al. Comprehensive Assessment on Implementation of National Basic Public Health Service Package. Chinese Journal of Public Health. 2014;30(6):715-7.
17. Wang Z, Yang J, Chen X, Li X, Xie P, Liu W, et al. Evaluation on Implementation Effect of National Basic Public Health Service Project. Chinese Health Economics. 2018;37(10):63-6.
18. Deng C, Hao X, Jiang Y, Bo T, Liu X, Liu Z, et al. Research on the Progress and Equity of Disease Control Projects in Basic Public Health Services. Chinese Health Economics. 2018;37(6):64-8.
19. Liu Z, Xiao Y, Zhao K, Liu A. Implementation progress and effect of National Essential Public Health
Services Program in China. Chinese Journal of Public Health. 2019;35(6):657-64.
20. Fu M, Liu C, Yang M. Effects of public health policies on the health status and medical service utilization of Chinese internal migrants. China Economic Review. 2020;62:101464.
21. Tang X, Ding L, Feng Y, Wang Y, Zhou C. Antenatal care use and its determinants among migrant women during the first delivery: a nation-wide cross-sectional study in China. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 2019;19(1):355.
22. Ding L, Li X, Tang X, Feng Y, Wang Y, Cheng J, et al. Effect of social integration on childbirth return among internal migrant pregnant women: a nationally representative study in China. BMC Health Services Research. 2020;20(1):918.
23. Gabrysch S, Campbell OMR. Still too far to walk: Literature review of the determinants of delivery service use. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 2009;9(1):34.
24. Tschirhart N, Jiraporncharoen W, Angkurawaranon C, Hashmi A, Nosten S, McGready R, et al. Choosing where to give birth: Factors influencing migrant women’s decision making in two regions of Thailand. PLOS ONE. 2020;15(4):e0230407.
25. Kumar S, Prakash N. Effect of political decentralization and female leadership on institutional births and child mortality in rural Bihar, India. Social Science & Medicine. 2017;185:171-8.
26. Gao Y, Zhou H, Singh NS, Powell-Jackson T, Nash S, Yang M, et al. Progress and challenges in maternal health in western China: a Countdown to 2015 national case study. The Lancet Global Health. 2017;5(5):e523-e36.
27. Lv L, Fu X. Migrant Women's Choice of Place of Delivery and Maternal and Postnatal Care. Populatoin and Health. 2019;27(9):13-6.
28. Almeida LM, Caldas J, Ayres-de-Campos D, Salcedo-Barrientos D, Dias S. Maternal Healthcare in Migrants: A Systematic Review. Matern Child Health J. 2013;17(8):1346-54.
29. Tunstall H, Pickett K, Johnsen S. Residential mobility in the UK during pregnancy and infancy: Are pregnant women, new mothers and infants ‘unhealthy migrants’? Social Science & Medicine. 2010;71(4):786-98.
30. Gentzkow M. Television and Voter Turnout. The Quarterly Journal of Economics. 2006;121(3):931-72.
31. Li P, Lu Y, Wang J. Does flattening government improve economic performance? Evidence from China. Journal of Development Economics. 2016;123:18-37.
32. Peng B, Zhang H, Shi L, Ling L. Migration status and healthcare seeking behaviours among the Chinese labor-force: a nationally representative study. BMJ Open. 2019;9(11):e031798.
33. Zhang J, Lu C. A Quantitative Analysis on the Reform of Household Registration in Chinese Cities. China Economic Quarterly. 2019;19(4):1509-30.
34. National Bureau of Statistics of China, UNFPA, UNICEF. China's Migrant Population (2010): Trends, Challenges, and Policy Suggestions. United Nations Population Fund; 2019.
35. Health Commission of Jilin Province. Jilin Province has launched the Equalization of Basic Public Health Services program for its migrant population.; 2015.
36. Whyte MK, Sun Z. The Impact of China's Market Reforms on the Health of Chinese Citizens: Examining Two Puzzles. China: An International Journal. 2010;8(1):1-32.