1. Tanriover, M.D. et al. Efficacy and safety of an inactivated whole-virion SARS-CoV-2 vaccine (CoronaVac): interim results of a double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled, phase 3 trial in Turkey. Lancet 398, 213-222 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(21)01429-X.
2. Voysey, M. et al. Safety and efficacy of the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine (AZD1222) against SARS-CoV-2: an interim analysis of four randomised controlled trials in Brazil, South Africa, and the UK. Lancet 397, 99-111 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(20)32661-1.
3. Polack, F.P.C. et al. Safety and Efficacy of the BNT162b2 mRNA Covid-19 Vaccine. N. Engl. J. Med. 383, 2603-2615 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa2034577.
4. Sadoff, J. et al. Safety and Efficacy of Single-Dose Ad26.COV2.S Vaccine against Covid-19. N. Engl. J. Med. 384, 2187-2201 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa2101544.
5. https://covid19.who.int/. Accessed on March 10, 2022.
6. https://www.who.int/en/activities/tracking-SARS-CoV-2-variants/. Accessed on March 10, 2022.
7. Li, B. et al. Viral infection and transmission in a large, well-traced outbreak caused by the SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant. Nat. Commun. 13, 460 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-022-28089-y
8. Allen, H. et al. Preprint at medRxiv https://doi.org/10.1101/2022.02.15.22271001 (2022).
9. Murray, C.J.L. COVID-19 will continue but the end of the pandemic is near. Lancet 399, 417-419 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(22)00100-3
10. Filho, T.M.R., Moret, M.A. & Mendes, J.F.F. A Transnational and Transregional Study of the Impact and Effectiveness of Social Distancing for COVID-19 Mitigation. Entropy 23, 1530 (2021). https://doi.org/10.3390/e23111530
11. Wang, L et al. Preprint at medRxiv https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.12.30.21268495 (2022).
12. Report 50 - Hospitalisation risk for Omicron cases in England. Available at: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/mrc-global-infectious-disease-analysis/covid-19/report-50-severity-omicron/ (2022).
13. Feikin, D.R. et al. Duration of effectiveness of vaccines against SARS-CoV-2 infection and COVID-19 disease: results of a systematic review and meta-regression. Lancet 399, 924-944 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(22)00152-0
14. Rocha Filho, T.M. et al. Optimization of COVID-19 vaccination and the role of individuals with a high number of contacts: A model based approach. PLoS ONE 17(3): e0262433 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0262433
15. Rocha Filho, T.M. et al. A data-driven model for COVID-19 pandemic – Evolution of the attack rate and prognosis for Brazil. Chaos, Solitons and Fractals 152, 111359 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chaos.2021.111359
16. Silveira, M.F., Barros, A.J.D, Horta BL, Pellanda LC, Victora GD, Dellagostin OA. Population-based surveys of antibodies against SARS-cov-2 in southern Brazil. Nat. Med. 26, 1196–1199 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41591-020-0992-3.
17. Soroepi MSP: Serial soroepidemiological survey to monitor the prevalence of SARS-cov-2 infection in the municipality of São Paulo, SP, brazil. 2020. https: //www.monitoramentocovid19.org/. Accessed April, 28 (2021).
18. Pietrobon, A.J., Teixeira, F.M.E. & Sato, M.N. Immunosenescence and Inflammaging: Risk Factors of Severe COVID-19 in Older People. Front. Immunol. 11, 579220 (2020). https://doi.org/10.3389/fimmu.2020.579220
19. Victora, C.G., Castro, M.C., Gurzenda, S., Medeiros, A.C., França, G.V.A., & Barros, A.J.D. Estimating the early impact of vaccination against COVID-19 on deaths among elderly people in Brazil: Analyses of routinely-collected data on vaccine coverage and mortality. EClinicalMedicine 38, 101036 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eclinm.2021.101036
23. Sadarangani, M., Marchant, A. & Kollmann, T.R. Immunological mechanisms of vaccine-induced protection against COVID-19 in humans. Nat Rev Immunol 21, 475-484 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41577-021-00578-z
24. Willyard, C. The omicron wave’s surprising lessons for long-term immunity. Immunologists have raced to work out how to protect against new variants of SARS-CoV-2. Their research has yielded a wealth of insights. Nature 602, 22-25 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1038/d41586-022-00214-3
25. Pérez-Then, E., Lucas, C., Monteiro, V.S. et al. Neutralizing antibodies against the SARS-CoV-2 Delta and Omicron variants following heterologous CoronaVac plus BNT162b2 booster vaccination. Nat Med (2022). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41591-022-01705-6
26. Cheng, S.M.S., Mok, C.K.P., Leung, Y.W.Y. et al. Neutralizing antibodies against the SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant BA.1 following homologous and heterologous CoronaVac or BNT162b2 vaccination. Nat Med (2022). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41591-022-01704-7
27. Gruell, H., Vanshylla, K., Tober-Lau, P. et al. mRNA booster immunization elicits potent neutralizing serum activity against the SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant. Nat Med (2022). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41591-021-01676-0
28. Pajon, R., Doria-Rose, N.A., Shen, X., Schmidt, S.D., O’Dell, S., McDanal, C. et al. SARS-CoV-2 Omicron Variant Neutralization after mRNA-1273 Booster Vaccination. N Engl J Med 386, 1088-1091 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMc2119912
29. Dejnirattisai W, Huo J, Zhou D, Zahradník J, Supasa P, Liu C. et al. Omicron-B.1.1.529 leads to widespread escape from neutralizing antibody responses. bioRxiv preprint doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.12.03.471045 (2021)
30. Sheikh, A. McMenamin, J., Taylor, B. et al. SARS-CoV-2 Delta VOC in Scotland: demographics, risk of hospital admission, and vaccine effectiveness. Lancet 397, 2461- 2462 (2021).