1. Chemutai V, Nteziyaremye J, Wandabwa GJ. Live Experiences of Adolescent Mothers Attending Mbale Regional Referral Hospital: A Phenomenological Study. Obstet Gynecol Int. 2020 Nov 20;2020:8897709.
2. Wado YD, Bangha M, Kabiru CW, Feyissa GT. Nature of, and responses to key sexual and reproductive health challenges for adolescents in urban slums in sub-Saharan Africa: a scoping review. Reproductive Health. 2020 Sep 30;17(1):149.
3. Canavarro MC, Silva N, Diniz E, Pereira M, Koller SH, Pires R. Sociodemographic, sexual, and reproductive variables associated with pregnancy among adolescents from low socioeconomic background. Journal of Community Psychology. 2020;48(6):1732–50.
4. Takeuchi YL, Veys C, Sanchez O. [« Let’s talk about sex » : adolescent boys’ sexual health in the primary care setting]. Rev Med Suisse. 2020 Apr 22;16(691):765–8.
5. Adolescent pregnancy [Internet]. [cited 2020 Dec 14]. Available from: https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/adolescent-pregnancy
6. Kumar M, Huang K-Y, Othieno C, Wamalwa D, Madeghe B, Osok J, et al. Adolescent Pregnancy and Challenges in Kenyan Context: Perspectives from Multiple Community Stakeholders. Glob Soc Welf. 2018 Mar;5(1):11–27.
7. Flores-Valencia ME, Nava-Chapa G, Arenas-Monreal L. [Adolescent pregnancy in Mexico: a public health issue]. Rev Salud Publica (Bogota). 2017 Jun;19(3):374–8.
8. Shannon CL, Klausner JD. The growing epidemic of sexually transmitted infections in adolescents: a neglected population. Curr Opin Pediatr. 2018;30(1):137–43.
9. Kassie BA, Yenus H, Berhe R, Kassahun EA. Prevalence of sexually transmitted infections and associated factors among the University of Gondar students, Northwest Ethiopia: a cross-sectional study. Reprod Health. 2019 Nov 8;16(1):163.
10. Chepkoech J, Khayesi MK, Ogola JO. Sources of Information on Reproductive Health among Teenage Girls in Kaptembwo, Nakuru County, Kenya. International Journal of Library Science. 2019;8(1):18–25.
11. Mihretie GN, Muche Liyeh T, Ayalew Goshu Y, Gebrehana Belay H, Abe Tasew H, Belay Ayalew A. Young-parent communication on sexual and reproductive health issues among young female night students in Amhara region, Ethiopia: Community-based cross-sectional study. PLoS One. 2021 Jun 18;16(6):e0253271.
12. Alduraywish SA, Altamimi LA, Aldhuwayhi RA, AlZamil LR, Alzeghayer LY, Alsaleh FS, et al. Sources of Health Information and Their Impacts on Medical Knowledge Perception Among the Saudi Arabian Population: Cross-Sectional Study. J Med Internet Res. 2020 Mar 19;22(3):e14414.
13. Macharia P, Pérez-Navarro A, Inwani I, Nduati R, Carrion C. An exploratory study of current sources of adolescent sexual and reproductive health information in Kenya and their limitations: are mobile phone technologies the answer? International Journal of Sexual Health.
14. Mwaisaka J, Gonsalves L, Thiongo M, Waithaka M, Sidha H, Alfred O, et al. Young People’s Experiences Using an On-Demand Mobile Health Sexual and Reproductive Health Text Message Intervention in Kenya: Qualitative Study. JMIR mHealth and uHealth. 2021 Jan 15;9(1):e19109.
15. Ippoliti NB, L’Engle K. Meet us on the phone: mobile phone programs for adolescent sexual and reproductive health in low-to-middle income countries. Reprod Health. 2017 Jan 17;14(1):11.
16. Bacchus LJ, Reiss K, Church K, Colombini M, Pearson E, Naved R, et al. Using Digital Technology for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Are Programs Adequately Considering Risk? Global Health: Science and Practice. 2019 Dec 23;7(4):507–14.
17. USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) [Internet]. [cited 2022 Mar 2]. Available from: https://encyclopedia.kaspersky.com/glossary/ussd-unstructured-supplementary-service-data/
18. Zhou M, Herselman M, Coleman A. USSD Technology a Low Cost Asset in Complementing Public Health Workers’ Work Processes. In: Ortuño F, Rojas I, editors. Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering. Cham: Springer International Publishing; 2015. p. 57–64. (Lecture Notes in Computer Science).
19. Nakibuuka J, Semwanga AR, Were MC. Implementation of USSD Technology to Improve Quality of Routinely Reported Health Data in a Resource-Limited Setting. Stud Health Technol Inform. 2019 Jul 4;262:162–5.
20. Adam M, Minyenya-Njuguna J, Kamiru WK, Mbugua S, Makobu NW, Donelson A. Implementation research and human-centred design: how theory driven human-centred design can sustain trust in complex health systems, support measurement and drive sustained community health volunteer engagement. Health policy and planning. 2020;
21. Korpershoek YJG, Hermsen S, Schoonhoven L, Schuurmans MJ, Trappenburg JCA. User-Centered Design of a Mobile Health Intervention to Enhance Exacerbation-Related Self-Management in Patients With Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (Copilot): Mixed Methods Study. J Med Internet Res. 2020 Jun 15;22(6):e15449.
22. Stoyanov SR, Hides L, Kavanagh DJ, Zelenko O, Tjondronegoro D, Mani M. Mobile App Rating Scale: A New Tool for Assessing the Quality of Health Mobile Apps. JMIR mHealth and uHealth. 2015 Mar 11;3(1):e3422.
23. R: The R Project for Statistical Computing [Internet]. [cited 2021 Dec 21]. Available from: https://www.r-project.org/
24. McHugh ML. The Chi-square test of independence. Biochem Med (Zagreb). 2013 Jun 15;23(2):143–9.
25. RPubs - How do I get P-values and critical values from R? [Internet]. [cited 2022 Mar 17]. Available from: https://rpubs.com/mdlama/spring2017-lab6supp1
26. Tavakol M, Dennick R. Making sense of Cronbach’s alpha. Int J Med Educ. 2011 Jun 27;2:53–5.
27. Bendixen RM, Fairman AD, Karavolis M, Sullivan C, Parmanto B. A User-Centered Approach: Understanding Client and Caregiver Needs and Preferences in the Development of mHealth Apps for Self-Management. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2017 Sep 26;5(9):e141.
28. Sage A, Roberts C, Geryk L, Sleath B, Tate D, Carpenter D. A Self-Regulation Theory–Based Asthma Management Mobile App for Adolescents: A Usability Assessment. JMIR Hum Factors. 2017 Feb 1;4(1):e5.
29. Feroz A, Abrejo F, Ali SA, Nuruddin R, Saleem S. Using mobile phones to improve young people’s sexual and reproductive health in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review protocol to identify barriers, facilitators and reported interventions. Syst Rev. 2019 May 18;8:117.
30. Ames HM, Glenton C, Lewin S, Tamrat T, Akama E, Leon N. Clients’ perceptions and experiences of targeted digital communication accessible via mobile devices for reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health: a qualitative evidence synthesis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2019 Oct 14;2019(10):CD013447.
31. Exploring the factors impacting on access and acceptance of sexual and reproductive health services provided by adolescent-friendly health services in Nepal [Internet]. [cited 2021 Oct 23]. Available from: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0220855
32. Mitchell KJ, Ybarra ML, Korchmaros JD, Kosciw JG. Accessing sexual health information online: use, motivations and consequences for youth with different sexual orientations. Health Educ Res. 2014 Feb;29(1):147–57.
33. Steinberg A, Griffin-Tomas M, Abu-Odeh D, Whitten A. Evaluation of a Mobile Phone App for Providing Adolescents With Sexual and Reproductive Health Information, New York City, 2013-2016. Public Health Rep. 2018 Apr 17;133(3):234–9.
34. Potential for Using Online and Mobile Education with Parents and Adolescents to Impact Sexual and Reproductive Health | SpringerLink [Internet]. [cited 2021 Nov 11]. Available from: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11121-014-0469-z
35. Amoakoh HB, Klipstein-Grobusch K, Grobbee DE, Amoakoh-Coleman M, Oduro-Mensah E, Sarpong C, et al. Using Mobile Health to Support Clinical Decision-Making to Improve Maternal and Neonatal Health Outcomes in Ghana: Insights of Frontline Health Worker Information Needs. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2019 May 24;7(5):e12879.
36. Parsons AN, Timler D. Providing a USSD location based clinic finder in South Africa: did it work? Stud Health Technol Inform. 2014;206:42–9.
37. Schnall R, Rojas M, Bakken S, Brown W, Carballo-Dieguez A, Carry M, et al. A user-centered model for designing consumer mobile health (mHealth) applications (apps). Journal of Biomedical Informatics. 2016 Apr 1;60:243–51.
38. Rathleff MS, Andreucci A, Straszek CL, Holden S. Recruitment, Retainment, and Follow-Up of Adolescent Cohorts: Lessons Learned From 10 Years of Cohort and Interventional Studies in Adolescents [Internet]. 1 Oliver’s Yard, 55 City Road, London EC1Y 1SP United Kingdom: SAGE Publications Ltd; 2020 [cited 2021 Nov 11]. Available from: https://methods.sagepub.com/case/recruitment-retainment-follow-up-10-years-cohort-interventional-adolescents