1. Lotti F, Maggi M. Sexual dysfunction and male infertility. Nature reviews. Urology. May 2018;15(5):287-307.
2. Kumar N, Singh AK. Trends of male factor infertility, an important cause of infertility: A review of literature. J Hum Reprod Sci. Oct-Dec 2015;8(4):191-196.
3. Macleod J, Gold RZ. The Male Factor in Fertility and Infertility. II. Spermatozoon Counts in 1000 Men of Known Fertility and in 1000 Cases of Infertile Marriage. J Urol. Feb 2017;197(2s):S78-s91.
4. Huang C, Li B, Xu K, et al. Decline in semen quality among 30,636 young Chinese men from 2001 to 2015. Fertil Steril. Jan 2017;107(1):83-88.e82.
5. Rolland M, Le Moal J, Wagner V, Royere D, De Mouzon J. Decline in semen concentration and morphology in a sample of 26,609 men close to general population between 1989 and 2005 in France. Hum Reprod. Feb 2013;28(2):462-470.
6. Morrison CD, Brannigan RE. Metabolic syndrome and infertility in men. Best Pract. Res. Clin. Obstet. Gynaecol. May 2015;29(4):507-515.
7. Executive Summary of The Third Report of The National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, And Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol In Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). Jama. May 16 2001;285(19):2486-2497.
8. Ng M, Fleming T, Robinson M, Lopez AD, Murray CJL, Gakidou E. Global, regional, and national prevalence of overweight and obesity in children and adults during 1980-2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2013. Lancet. Aug 2014;384(9945):766-781.
9. Campbell JM, Lane M, Owens JA, Bakos HW. Paternal obesity negatively affects male fertility and assisted reproduction outcomes: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Reprod. Biomed. Online. Nov 2015;31(5):593-604.
10. Mushtaq R, Pundir J, Achilli C, Naji O, Khalaf Y, El-Toukhy T. Effect of male body mass index on assisted reproduction treatment outcome: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis. Reprod. Biomed. Online. Apr 2018;36(4):459-471.
11. Colaci DS, Afeiche M, Gaskins AJ, et al. Men's body mass index in relation to embryo quality and clinical outcomes in couples undergoing in vitro fertilization. Fertil. Steril. Nov 2012;98(5):1193-+.
12. Liu Y, Ding Z. Obesity, a serious etiologic factor for male subfertility in modern society. Reproduction. Oct 2017;154(4):R123-R131.
13. Craig JR, Jenkins TG, Carrell DT, Hotaling JM. Obesity, male infertility, and the sperm epigenome. Fertil. Steril. Apr 2017;107(4):12.
14. Maresch CC, Stute DC, Alves MG, Oliveira PF, de Kretser DM, Linn T. Diabetes-induced hyperglycemia impairs male reproductive function: a systematic review. Hum. Reprod. Update. Jan-Feb 2018;24(1):86-105.
15. Condorelli RA, La Vignera S, Mongioi LM, Alamo A, Calogero AE. Diabetes Mellitus and Infertility: Different Pathophysiological Effects in Type 1 and Type 2 on Sperm Function. Front. Endocrinol. May 2018;9:9.
16. Raju GAR, Prakash GJ, Krishna KM, Madan K, Narayana TS, Krishna CHR. Noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus: effects on sperm morphological and functional characteristics, nuclear DNA integrity and outcome of assisted reproductive technique. Andrologia. May 2012;44:490-498.
17. La Vignera S, Condorelli R, Vicari E, D'Agata R, Calogero AE. Diabetes Mellitus and Sperm Parameters. J. Androl. Mar-Apr 2012;33(2):145-153.
18. Ehala-Aleksejev K, Punab M. The effect of metabolic syndrome on male reproductive health: A cross-sectional study in a group of fertile men and male partners of infertile couples. PLoS One. 2018;13(3):e0194395.
19. Leisegang K, Bouic PJ, Henkel RR. Metabolic syndrome is associated with increased seminal inflammatory cytokines and reproductive dysfunction in a case-controlled male cohort. Am J Reprod Immunol. Aug 2016;76(2):155-163.
20. Ventimiglia E, Capogrosso P, Colicchia M, et al. Metabolic syndrome in white European men presenting for primary couple's infertility: investigation of the clinical and reproductive burden. Andrology-Us. Sep 2016;4(5):944-951.
21. Lotti F, Corona G, Degli Innocenti S, et al. Seminal, ultrasound and psychobiological parameters correlate with metabolic syndrome in male members of infertile couples. Andrology-Us. Mar 2013;1(2):229-239.
22. Pilatz A, Hudemann C, Wolf J, et al. Metabolic syndrome and the seminal cytokine network in morbidly obese males. Andrology-Us. Jan 2017;5(1):23-30.
23. Grundy SM. Metabolic syndrome update. Trends Cardiovasc. Med. May 2016;26(4):364-373.
24. Rani V, Deep G, Singh RK, Palle K, Yadav UCS. Oxidative stress and metabolic disorders: Pathogenesis and therapeutic strategies. Life Sci. Mar 2016;148:183-193.
25. Kahn BE, Brannigan RE. Obesity and male infertility. Curr. Opin. Urol. Sep 2017;27(5):441-445.
26. Maresch CC, Stute DC, Alves MG, Oliveira PF, de Kretser DM, Linn T. Diabetes-induced hyperglycemia impairs male reproductive function: a systematic review. Hum Reprod Update. Jan 1 2018;24(1):86-105.
27. Aguilar M, Bhuket T, Torres S, Liu B, Wong RJ. Prevalence of the metabolic syndrome in the United States, 2003-2012. Jama. May 19 2015;313(19):1973-1974.
28. Lu J, Wang L, Li M, et al. Metabolic Syndrome Among Adults in China: The 2010 China Noncommunicable Disease Surveillance. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. Feb 1 2017;102(2):507-515.
29. Ventimiglia E, Capogrosso P, Serino A, et al. Metabolic syndrome in White-European men presenting for secondary couple's infertility: an investigation of the clinical and reproductive burden. Asian J Androl. May-Jun 2017;19(3):368-373.
30. Elsamanoudy AZ, Abdalla HA, Hassanien M, Gaballah MA. Spermatozoal cell death-inducing DNA fragmentation factor-alpha-like effector A (CIDEA) gene expression and DNA fragmentation in infertile men with metabolic syndrome and normal seminogram. Diabetol Metab Syndr. 2016;8:76.
31. Ehala-Aleksejev K, Punab M. The effect of metabolic syndrome on male reproductive health: A cross-sectional study in a group of fertile men and male partners of infertile couples. PloS one. 2018;13(3):e0194395.
32. Lotti F, Corona G, Vignozzi L, et al. Metabolic syndrome and prostate abnormalities in male subjects of infertile couples. Asian journal of andrology. Mar-Apr 2014;16(2):295-304.33. Neto FT, Bach PV, Najari BB, Li PS, Goldstein M. Spermatogenesis in humans and its affecting factors. Semin Cell Dev Biol. Nov 2016;59:10-26.
34. Mahfouz R, Sharma R, Thiyagarajan A, et al. Semen characteristics and sperm DNA fragmentation in infertile men with low and high levels of seminal reactive oxygen species. Fertility and sterility. Nov 2010;94(6):2141-2146.
35. Mahfouz R, Sharma R, Sharma D, Sabanegh E, Agarwal A. Diagnostic value of the total antioxidant capacity (TAC) in human seminal plasma. Fertility and sterility. Mar 2009;91(3):805-811.
36. Whitfield M, Pollet-Villard X, Levy R, Drevet JR, Saez F. Posttesticular sperm maturation, infertility, and hypercholesterolemia. Asian J Androl. Sep-Oct 2015;17(5):742-748.
37. Corona G, Monami M, Rastrelli G, et al. Testosterone and metabolic syndrome: a meta-analysis study. The journal of sexual medicine. Jan 2011;8(1):272-283.
38. Myers GM, Lambert-Messerlian GM, Sigman M. Inhibin B reference data for fertile and infertile men in Northeast America. Fertil Steril. Dec 2009;92(6):1920-1923.
39. Katib A. Mechanisms linking obesity to male infertility. Cent. Eur. J. Urol. 2015;68(1):79-85.
40. Roumaud P, Martin LJ. Roles of leptin, adiponectin and resistin in the transcriptional regulation of steroidogenic genes contributing to decreased Leydig cells function in obesity. Horm. Mol. Biol. Clin. Investig. Oct 2015;24(1):25-45.
41. Ni K, Steger K, Yang H, Wang HX, Hu K, Chen B. Expression and Role of Leptin under Hypoxic Conditions in Human Testis: Organotypic In Vitro Culture Experiment and Clinical Study on Patients with Varicocele. J Urology. Jan 2015;193(1):360-367.
42. Calderon B, Gomez-Martin JM, Vega-Pinero B, et al. Prevalence of male secondary hypogonadism in moderate to severe obesity and its relationship with insulin resistance and excess body weight. Andrology-Us. Jan 2016;4(1):62-67.
43. Lackner JE, Agarwal A, Mahfouz R, du Plessis SS, Schatzl G. The association between leukocytes and sperm quality is concentration dependent. Reproductive biology and endocrinology : RB&E. Feb 5 2010;8:12.