1. Nock MK, Joiner TE, Jr., Gordon KH, Lloyd-Richardson E, Prinstein MJ. Non-suicidal self-injury among adolescents: diagnostic correlates and relation to suicide attempts. Psychiatry Res 2006; 144(1): 65-72.
2. Klonsky ED. The functions of deliberate self-injury: a review of the evidence. Clinical psychology review 2007; 27(2): 226-39.
3. Hilt LM, Cha CB, Nolen-Hoeksema S. Nonsuicidal self-injury in young adolescent girls: moderators of the distress-function relationship. Journal of consulting and clinical psychology 2008; 76(1): 63-71.
4. Brausch AM, Muehlenkamp JJ. Perceived effectiveness of NSSI in achieving functions on severity and suicide risk. Psychiatry research 2018; 265: 144-50.
5. Geulayov G, Casey D, Bale L, et al. Suicide following presentation to hospital for non-fatal self-harm in the Multicentre Study of Self-harm: a long-term follow-up study. The lancet Psychiatry 2019; 6(12): 1021-30.
6. Zetterqvist M, Lundh LG, Dahlström O, Svedin CG. Prevalence and function of non-suicidal self-injury (NSSI) in a community sample of adolescents, using suggested DSM-5 criteria for a potential NSSI disorder. Journal of abnormal child psychology 2013; 41(5): 759-73.
7. Monteith LL, Holliday R, Miller C, et al. Suicidal ideation, suicide attempt, and non-suicidal self-injury among female veterans: Prevalence, timing, and onset. Journal of affective disorders 2020; 273: 350-7.
8. Cerutti R, Manca M, Presaghi F, Gratz KL. Prevalence and clinical correlates of deliberate self-harm among a community sample of Italian adolescents. Journal of adolescence 2011; 34(2): 337-47.
9. Kiekens G, Hasking P, Claes L, et al. The DSM-5 nonsuicidal self-injury disorder among incoming college students: Prevalence and associations with 12-month mental disorders and suicidal thoughts and behaviors. Depression and anxiety 2018; 35(7): 629-37.
10. Buelens T, Luyckx K, Kiekens G, Gandhi A, Muehlenkamp JJ, Claes L. Investigating the DSM-5 criteria for non-suicidal self-injury disorder in a community sample of adolescents. Journal of affective disorders 2020; 260: 314-22.
11. Geulayov G, Casey D, McDonald KC, et al. Incidence of suicide, hospital-presenting non-fatal self-harm, and community-occurring non-fatal self-harm in adolescents in England (the iceberg model of self-harm): a retrospective study. The Lancet Psychiatry 2018; 5(2): 167-74.
12. Kaess M, Parzer P, Mattern M, et al. Adverse childhood experiences and their impact on frequency, severity, and the individual function of nonsuicidal self-injury in youth. Psychiatry research 2013; 206(2-3): 265-72.
13. James KM, Gibb BE. Maternal criticism and non-suicidal self-injury in school-aged children. Psychiatry research 2019; 273: 89-93.
14. Bragazzi NL, Parigi D, Pezzoni F, Del Puente G. A Content Analysis of Italian NSSI Web-sites. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 2013; 103: 19-27.
15. Cassels M, Wilkinson P. Non-suicidal self-injury in adolescence. Paediatrics and Child Health 2016; 26(12): 554-8.
16. Kiekens G, Hasking P, Bruffaerts R, et al. Non-suicidal self-injury among first-year college students and its association with mental disorders: results from the World Mental Health International College Student (WMH-ICS) initiative. Psychological medicine 2021: 1-12.
17. Wilkinson PO, Qiu T, Neufeld S, Jones PB, Goodyer IM. Sporadic and recurrent non-suicidal self-injury before age 14 and incident onset of psychiatric disorders by 17 years: prospective cohort study. The British journal of psychiatry : the journal of mental science 2018; 212(4): 222-6.
18. Perez S, Lorca F, Marco JH. "Dissociation, posttraumatic stress symptoms, emotional dysregulation, and invalidating environments as correlates of NSSI in borderline personality disorder patients". Journal of trauma & dissociation : the official journal of the International Society for the Study of Dissociation (ISSD) 2020; 21(5): 520-35.
19. Khoubaeva D, Dimick M, Timmins VH, et al. Clinical correlates of suicidality and self-injurious behaviour among Canadian adolescents with bipolar disorder. European child & adolescent psychiatry 2021.
20. Huang YH, Liu HC, Tsai FJ, et al. Correlation of impulsivity with self-harm and suicidal attempt: a community study of adolescents in Taiwan. BMJ open 2017; 7(12): e017949.
21. Zetterqvist M, Lundh L-G, Dahlström Ö, Svedin CG. Prevalence and Function of Non-Suicidal Self-Injury (NSSI) in a Community Sample of Adolescents, Using Suggested DSM-5 Criteria for a Potential NSSI Disorder. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology 2013; 41(5): 759-73.
22. Ose SO, Tveit T, Mehlum L. Non-suicidal self-injury (NSSI) in adult psychiatric outpatients - A nationwide study. Journal of psychiatric research 2021; 133: 1-9.
23. Groschwitz RC, Kaess M, Fischer G, et al. The association of non-suicidal self-injury and suicidal behavior according to DSM-5 in adolescent psychiatric inpatients. Psychiatry Res 2015; 228(3): 454-61.
24. Swannell SV, Martin GE, Page A, Hasking P, St John NJ. Prevalence of nonsuicidal self-injury in nonclinical samples: systematic review, meta-analysis and meta-regression. Suicide Life Threat Behav 2014; 44(3): 273-303.
25. Tang J, Li G, Chen B, et al. Prevalence of and risk factors for non-suicidal self-injury in rural China: Results from a nationwide survey in China. Journal of Affective Disorders 2018; 226: 188-95.
26. Liang S, Yan J, Zhang T, et al. Differences between non-suicidal self injury and suicide attempt in Chinese adolescents. Asian Journal of Psychiatry 2014; 8: 76-83.
27. Andover MS. Non-suicidal self-injury disorder in a community sample of adults. Psychiatry Res 2014; 219(2): 305-10.
28. Hata Y, Miura M, Nakao S, Kawahara S, Kita T, Ishibashi T. Antiangiogenic properties of fasudil, a potent Rho-Kinase inhibitor. Jpn J Ophthalmol 2008; 52(1): 16-23.
29. Yang SJ, Jo H, Kim J-G, Jung SH. Baicalin Attenuates Laser-Induced Choroidal Neovascularization. Current Eye Research 2014; 39(7): 745-51.
30. Salk RH, Hyde JS, Abramson LY. Gender differences in depression in representative national samples: Meta-analyses of diagnoses and symptoms. Psychol Bull 2017; 143(8): 783-822.
31. Victor SE, Muehlenkamp JJ, Hayes NA, Lengel GJ, Styer DM, Washburn JJ. Characterizing gender differences in nonsuicidal self-injury: Evidence from a large clinical sample of adolescents and adults. Comprehensive Psychiatry 2018; 82: 53-60.
32. Buelens T, Costantini G, Luyckx K, Claes L. Comorbidity Between Non-suicidal Self-Injury Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder in Adolescents: A Graphical Network Approach. Frontiers in psychiatry 2020; 11: 580922.
33. Yadav UC, Srivastava SK, Ramana KV. Prevention of VEGF-induced growth and tube formation in human retinal endothelial cells by aldose reductase inhibition. J Diabetes Complications 2012; 26(5): 369-77.