1. Oster E, Jack R, Halloran C, Schoof J, McLeod D. COVID-19 Mitigation Practices and COVID-19 Rates in Schools: Report on Data from Florida, New York and Massachusetts. medRxiv 2021: 2021.05.19.21257467.
2. Gettings J, Czarnik M, Morris E, et al. Mask Use and Ventilation Improvements to Reduce COVID-19 Incidence in Elementary Schools - Georgia, November 16-December 11, 2020. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2021; 70(21): 779-84.
3. Coma E, Català M, Méndez-Boo L, et al. Unravelling the Role of the Mandatory Use of Face Covering Masks for the Control of SARS-CoV-2 in Schools: A Quasi-Experimental Study Nested in a Population-Based Cohort in Catalonia (Spain). 2022.
4. Jehn M, Mac McCullough J, Dale AP, et al. Association between K–12 school mask policies and school-associated COVID-19 outbreaks—Maricopa and Pima Counties, Arizona, July–August 2021. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 2021; 70(39): 1372.
5. Boutzoukas AE, Zimmerman KO, Inkelas M, et al. School Masking Policies and Secondary SARS-CoV-2 Transmission. Pediatrics 2022.
6. Abaluck J, Kwong LH, Styczynski A, et al. Impact of community masking on COVID-19: A cluster-randomized trial in Bangladesh. Science 2021: eabi9069.
7. Kohn MA, Senyak J. Sample Size Calculators [website]. UCSF CTSI. 8 June 2022. Available at https://www.sample-size.net/ [Accessed 12 June 2022]
8. Jefferson T, Del Mar CB, Dooley L, Ferroni E, Al-Ansary LA, Bawazeer GA, van Driel ML, Jones MA, Thorning S, Beller EM, Clark J, Hoffmann TC, Glasziou PP, Conly JM. Physical interventions to interrupt or reduce the spread of respiratory viruses. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2020, Issue 11. Art. No.: CD006207. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD006207.pub5.
9. Chandra A & Høeg TB, Revisiting Pediatric COVID-19 Cases in Counties With and Without School Mask Requirements—United States, July 1—October 20 2021. Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=4118566 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.4118566
10. Mulligan. CB. The Backwards Art of Slowing the Spread? Congregation Efficiencies during COVID-19. Becker Friedman Institute for Economics University of Chicago. 4/21. No. 2021-51
11. Boutzoukas et al. School Masking Policies and Secondary SARS-CoV-2 Transmission. Pediatrics June 2022; 149 (6): e2022056687. 10.1542/peds.2022-056687
12. Budzyn SE, Panaggio MJ, Parks SE, et al. Pediatric COVID-19 Cases in Counties With and Without School Mask Requirements — United States, July 1–September 4, 2021. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2021;70:1377–1378.
13. Jehn M, McCullough JM, Dale AP, et al. Association Between K–12 School Mask Policies and School-Associated COVID-19 Outbreaks — Maricopa and Pima Counties, Arizona, July–August 2021. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2021;70:1372–1373.
14. Høeg TB, Prasad V & Porter T. Contact tracing policy for masked students may be an important confounding variable. Accepted for publication. Pediatrics. Letter to the Editor. July 2022.
15. Personal communication via email with West Fargo Superintendent on 11/16/21.