1. Hangül M, Pekcan S, Köse M, et al. (2019) The Incidence of Cystic Fibrosis in the Central Region of Anatolia in Turkey Between 2015 and 2016. Balkan Med J36:179–183.
2. Quinton MP.(1999) Physiological Basis of Cystic Fibrosis: A Historical Perspective. Physiol Rev 79: 3-22.
3. Lukacs GL, VerkmanAS.(2012) CFTR: Folding, Misfolding and Correcting The F508del Conformational Defect. Trends Mol Med 18: 81–91.
4.Lubamba B, Dhooghe B, Noel S, Leal T. (2012) Cystic Fibrosis: Insight Into CFTR Pathophysiology and Pharmacotherapy. Clin Biochem 45: 1132–44.
5.Chmiel JF, Berger M, KonstanMW.(2002) The role of inflammation in the pathophysiology of CF lung disease. Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 23:5-27.
6.Ranganathan SC, Hall GL, Sly PD, Stick SM, Douglas TA, (2017) Australian Respiratory Early Surveillance Team for Cystic Fibrosis (AREST-CF). Early Lung Disease in Infants and Preschool Children with Cystic Fibrosis. What Have We Learned and What Should We Do About It? Am J Respir Crit Care Med 195:1567-1575.
7.Meyerholz DK, Stoltz DA, Namati E, et al. (2010) Loss of cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator function produces abnormalities in tracheal development in neonatal pigs and young children. Am J Respir Crit Care Med182:1251-1261.
8.Li C, Li X, Deng C, Guo C. (2016) Circulating Fibrocytes Are Increased in Neonates with Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia. PLoS One 11:1-2
9.Metz CN. (2003) Fibrocytes: a unique cell population implicated in wound healing. Cell Mol Life Sci 60:42–50.
10.Bucala R, Spiegel LA, Chesney J, Hogan M, Cerami A. (1994) Circulating fibrocytes define a new leukocyte subpopulation that mediates tissue repair. Mol Med 1:71–81.
11.Abe R, Donnelly C, Peng T, Bucala R , Metz CN. (2001) Peripheral blood fibrocytes: differentiation pathway and migration to wound sites. J Immunol 166:7556–7562.
12.Mori L, Bellini A , Stacey MA, Schmidt M , Mattoli S. (2005) Fibrocytes contribute to the myofibroblast population in wounded skin and originate from the bone marrow. Exp Cell Res 304:81–90.
13. Moeller A, Gilpin SE, Ask K, et al.(2009) Circulating fibrocytes are an indicator of poor prognosis in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 179: 588–594.
14.Ak W, Newby C, Hartley RA, et al.(2017) Myeloid-derived suppressor cell-like fibrocytes are increased and associated with preserved lung function in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Allergy 72:645-655.
15.Dupin I, Thumerel M, MauratE.(2019) Fibrocyte accumulation in the airway walls of COPD patients. Eur Respir J54:1-3.
16.Just SA, Lindegaard H, Hejbøl EK, et al.(2017) Fibrocyte measurement in peripheral blood correlates with number of cultured mature fibrocytes in vitro and is a potential biomarker for interstitial lung disease in Rheumatoid Arthritis. Respir Res 18:141.
17.Borie R, Quesnel C, Phin S, et al.(2013) Detection of alveolar fibrocytes in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and systemic clerosis. PLoS One 8:1-8.
18.Kasam RK, Gajjala PR, Jegga AG, et al. (2020) Fibrocyte accumulation in the lungs of cystic fibrosis patients. J Cyst Fibros19:815-822.
19.Kose M, Pekcan S, Kiper N, et al.(2008) Doll‐like face: Is it an underestimated clinical presentation of cystic fibrosis? PediatrPulmonol 43: 634-637.
20.Rabin, H. R., Butler, S. M., Wohl, M. E., Geller, D. E., Colin, A. A., Schidlow, D. V., Johnson, C. A., Konstan, M. W., Regelmann, W. E., & Epidemiologic Study of Cystic Fibrosis (2004). Pulmonary exacerbations in cystic fibrosis. Pediatric pulmonology, 37(5), 400–406.
21.Regelmann, W. E., Schechter, M. S., Wagener, J. S., Morgan, W. J., Pasta, D. J., Elkin, E. P., Konstan, M. W., & Investigators of the Epidemiologic Study of Cystic Fibrosis (2013). Pulmonary exacerbations in cystic fibrosis: young children with characteristic signs and symptoms. Pediatric pulmonology, 48(7), 649–657.
22. Bhalla M, Turcios N, Aponte V, et al.(1991) Cystic fibrosis: Scoring system with thin-section CT. Radiology179:783–788.
23.Demirkazık FB, Arıyürek OM, Özçelik U, Göçmen A, Hassanabad HK, Kiper N.(2001) High resolution CT in children with cystic ﬁbrosis: correlation with pulmonary functions and radiographic score. Eur J Radiol 37: 54-59.
24. Harris WT, Muhlebach MS, Oster RA, Knowles MR, Clancy JP, Noah TL.(2011) Plasma TGF-β₁ in pediatric cystic fibrosis: potential biomarker of lung disease and response to therapy. PediatrPulmonol. 46:688-695.