(1) The World Health Organisation. Coronavirus disease (COVID–19) outbreak. [homepage on the Internet]. 2020 [updated May/05; cited 2020 May/05]. Available from: https://www.who.int/westernpacific/emergencies/covid–19.
(2) Carlier L, Muller J, Debaveye Y, Verelst S, Rex S. Successful use of VV-ECMO in a pregnant patient with severe ARDS. Turkish Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2019; 19(3):111–112.
(3) Wang D, Hu B, Hu C, Zhu F, Liu X, Zhang J, et al. Clinical characteristics of 138 hospitalized patients with 2019 novel coronavirus–infected pneumonia in Wuhan, China. Jama. 2020; 323(11):1061–1069.
(4) World Health Organization. Coronavirus disease (COVID–2019) situation reports. 2020. Available on: https://www.WHO.Int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/situationreports/20200221-sitrep–32-covid. 2020; 19.
(5) Guan W, Ni Z, Hu Y, Liang W, Ou C, He J, et al. Clinical characteristics of coronavirus disease 2019 in China. New England journal of medicine. 2020; 382(18):1708–1720.
(6) Moore CA, Staples JE, Dobyns WB, Pessoa A, Ventura CV, Da Fonseca EB, et al. Characterizing the pattern of anomalies in congenital Zika syndrome for pediatric clinicians. JAMA pediatrics. 2017; 171(3):288–295.
(7) Siston AM, Rasmussen SA, Honein MA, Fry AM, Seib K, Callaghan WM, et al. Pandemic 2009 influenza A (H1N1) virus illness among pregnant women in the United States. Jama. 2010; 303(15):1517–1525.
(8) Rasmussen SA, Jamieson DJ, Honein MA, Petersen LR. Zika virus and birth defects—reviewing the evidence for causality. New England Journal of Medicine. 2016; 374(20):1981–1987.
(9) Lam CM, Wong SF, Leung TN, Chow KM, Yu WC, Wong TY, et al. A case‐controlled study comparing clinical course and outcomes of pregnant and non‐pregnant women with severe acute respiratory syndrome. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 2004; 111(8):771–774.
(10) Blauvelt CA, Chiu C, Donovan AL, Prahl M, Shimotake TK, George RB, et al. Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome in a Preterm Pregnant Patient With Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID–19). Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2020;.
(11) Chen N, Zhou M, Dong X, Qu J, Gong F, Han Y, et al. Epidemiological and clinical characteristics of 99 cases of 2019 novel coronavirus pneumonia in Wuhan, China: a descriptive study. The Lancet. 2020; 395(10223):507–513.
(12) Tobaiqy M, Qashqary M, Al-Dahery S, Mujallad A, Hershan AA, Kamal MA, et al. Therapeutic Management of COVID–19 Patients: A systematic review. Infection Prevention in Practice. 2020;:100061.
(13) Huang C, Wang Y, Li X, Ren L, Zhao J, Hu Y, et al. Clinical features of patients infected with 2019 novel coronavirus in Wuhan, China. The lancet. 2020; 395(10223):497–506.
(14) Sanders JM, Monogue ML, Jodlowski TZ, Cutrell JB. Pharmacologic treatments for coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID–19): a review. Jama. 2020; 323(18):1824–1836.
(15) Al Hail M, Elkassem W, Hamad A, Abdulrouf P, Thomas B, Stewart D. Overview of pharmacovigilance practices at the largest academic healthcare system in the State of Qatar. International journal of clinical pharmacy. 2018; 40(4):769–774.
(16) GCC Healthcare Industry 2016:. The Qatari Healthcare Sector. Alpen Capital; 2016.
(17) Stewart D, Thomas B, MacLure K, Pallivalapila A, El Kassem W, Awaisu A, et al. Perspectives of healthcare professionals in Qatar on causes of medication errors: A mixed methods study of safety culture. PloS one. 2018; 13(9):e0204801.
(18) World Health Organisation (WHO). WHO Coronavirus Disease (COVID–19) Dashboard. [homepage on the Internet]. Geneva, Switzerland: The World Health Organisation; 2020 [updated 25/05/2020; cited 2020 May/25]. Available from: https://covid19.who.int/?gclid = CjwKCAjw2a32BRBXEiwAUcugiGpvMZIkRs1U4W88ldSGMyKaWCQYg6KfmUplF3gIVjsj7LmKwFurEBoC_1EQAvD_BwE.
(19) Sessler CN, Gosnell MS, Grap MJ, Brophy GM, O’Neal PV, Keane KA, et al. The Richmond Agitation–Sedation Scale: validity and reliability in adult intensive care unit patients. American journal of respiratory and critical care medicine. 2002; 166(10):1338–1344.
(20) Hong L, Smith N, Keerthy M, Lee-Griffith M, Garcia R, Shaman M, et al. Severe COVID–19 infection in pregnancy requiring intubation without preterm delivery: A case report. Case Reports in Women’s Health. 2020;:e00217.
(21) Wu Z, McGoogan JM. Characteristics of and important lessons from the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID–19) outbreak in China: summary of a report of 72 314 cases from the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Jama. 2020; 323(13):1239–1242.
(22) Wang1a X, Zhou2a Z, Zhang J, Zhu F, Tang Y, Shen X, et al. A case of 2019 Novel Coronavirus in a pregnant woman with preterm delivery. Clin Infect Dis. 2020;.
(23) Xu Y, Li X, Zhu B, Liang H, Fang C, Gong Y, et al. Characteristics of pediatric SARS-CoV–2 infection and potential evidence for persistent fecal viral shedding. Nature medicine. 2020; 26(4):502–505.
(24) Chen H, Guo J, Wang C, Luo F, Yu X, Zhang W, et al. Clinical characteristics and intrauterine vertical transmission potential of COVID–19 infection in nine pregnant women: a retrospective review of medical records. Lancet (London, England). 2020; 395(10226):809–815.
(25) Breslin N, Baptiste C, Gyamfi-Bannerman C, Miller R, Martinez R, Bernstein K, et al. COVID–19 infection among asymptomatic and symptomatic pregnant women: Two weeks of confirmed presentations to an affiliated pair of New York City hospitals. American journal of obstetrics & gynecology MFM. 2020;:100118.
(26) Lu H. Drug treatment options for the 2019-new coronavirus (2019-nCoV). Bioscience trends. 2020; 14(1):69–71.
(27) Xu X, Han M, Li T, Sun W, Wang D, Fu B, et al. Effective treatment of severe COVID–19 patients with tocilizumab. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 2020;.
(28) Luo P, Liu Y, Qiu L, Liu X, Liu D, Li J. Tocilizumab treatment in COVID‐19: a single center experience. Journal of medical virology. 2020;.
(29) Michot JM, Albiges L, Chaput N, Saada V, Pommeret F, Griscelli F, et al. Tocilizumab, an anti-IL6 receptor antibody, to treat Covid–19-related respiratory failure: a case report. Annals of oncology: official journal of the European Society for Medical Oncology. 2020;.
(30) Michot JM, Albiges L, Chaput N, Saada V, Pommeret F, Griscelli F, et al. Tocilizumab, an anti-IL6 receptor antibody, to treat Covid–19-related respiratory failure: a case report. Annals of oncology: official journal of the European Society for Medical Oncology. 2020;.
(31) Van Griensven J, Edwards T, de Lamballerie X, Semple MG, Gallian P, Baize S, et al. Evaluation of convalescent plasma for Ebola virus disease in Guinea. New England Journal of Medicine. 2016; 374(1):33–42.
(32) Kraft CS, Hewlett AL, Koepsell S, Winkler AM, Kratochvil CJ, Larson L, et al. The use of TKM–100802 and convalescent plasma in 2 patients with Ebola virus disease in the United States. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2015; 61(4):496–502.
(33) Florescu DF, Kalil AC, Hewlett AL, Schuh AJ, Stroher U, Uyeki TM, et al. Administration of brincidofovir and convalescent plasma in a patient with Ebola virus disease. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2015; 61(6):969–973.
(34) Hung IF, To KK, Lee C, Lee K, Chan K, Yan W, et al. Convalescent plasma treatment reduced mortality in patients with severe pandemic influenza A (H1N1) 2009 virus infection. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2011; 52(4):447–456.
(35) Tanne JH. Covid–19: FDA approves use of convalescent plasma to treat critically ill patients. BMJ (Clinical research ed.). 2020; 368:m1256.
(36) Mair-Jenkins J, Saavedra-Campos M, Baillie JK, Cleary P, Khaw F, Lim WS, et al. The effectiveness of convalescent plasma and hyperimmune immunoglobulin for the treatment of severe acute respiratory infections of viral etiology: a systematic review and exploratory meta-analysis. The Journal of infectious diseases. 2015; 211(1):80–90.
(37) Beckett V, Knight M, Sharpe P. The CAPS Study: incidence, management and outcomes of cardiac arrest in pregnancy in the UK: a prospective, descriptive study. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 2017; 124(9):1374–1381.
(38) Catanzarite V, Willms D, Wong D, Landers C, Cousins L, Schrimmer D. Acute respiratory distress syndrome in pregnancy and the puerperium: causes, courses, and outcomes. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2001; 97(5):760–764.
(39) Moore SA, Dietl CA, Coleman DM. Extracorporeal life support during pregnancy. The Journal of thoracic and cardiovascular surgery. 2016; 151(4):1154–1160.
(40) Pacheco LD, Saade GR and Hankins GD. Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) during pregnancy and postpartum. Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) during pregnancy and postpartum. Seminars in perinatology: Elsevier; 2018. p. 21–25.