1) Schols JM, van der Schriek-van Meel C. Day care for demented elderly in a dairy farm setting: positive first impressions. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2006;7(7):456-459.
2) Hassink J, Elings M, Zweekhorst M, van den Nieuwenhuizen N, Smit A. Care farms in the Netherlands: attractive empowerment-oriented and strengths-based practices in the community. Health Place. 2010;16(3):423-430.
3) de Boer B., Hamers JPH, Zwakhalen SMG, Tan FES, Verbeek H. Quality of care and quality of life of people with dementia living at green care farms: a cross-sectional study. BMC Geriatr. 2017;17:155. doi.org/10.1186/s12877-017-0550-0
4) de Boer B., Verbeek H, Zwakhalen SMG, Hamers JPH. Experiences of family caregivers in green care farms and other nursing home environments for people with dementia: a qualitative study. BMC Geriatr. 2019;19:149. doi.org/10.1186/s12877-019-1163-6.
5) Harmer BJ, Orrell M. What is meaningful activity for people with dementia living in care homes? A comparison of the views of older people with dementia, staff and family carers. Aging Ment Health. 2008 Sep;12(5):548-558. doi: 10.1080/13607860802343019.
6) de Bruin S, de Boer B, Beerens H, Buist Y, Verbeek H. Rethinking Dementia Care: The Value of Green Care Farming. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2017 Mar 1;18(3):200-203. doi: 10.1016/j.jamda.2016.11.018. Epub 2017 Jan 31.
7) Moyle W, Venturto L, Griffiths S, Grimbeek P, McAllister M, Oxlade D, Murfield J. Factors influencing quality of life for people with dementia: a qualitative perspective. Aging Ment Health. 2011 Nov;15(8):970-977. doi: 10.1080/13607863.2011.583620. Epub 2011 Jun 21.
8) van Gennip IE, Pasman HR, Oosterveld-Vlug MG, Willems DL, Onwuteaka-Philipsen BD. How Dementia Affects Personal Dignity: A Qualitative Study on the Perspective of Individuals With Mild to Moderate Dementia. J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci. 2016 May;71(3):491-501. doi: 10.1093/geronb/gbu137. Epub 2014 Sep 30.
9) Ura C, Okamura T, Yamazaki S, Ishiguro T, Ibe M, Miyazaki M, Torishima K, Kawamuro Y. The development of care farming for elderly people with cognitive impairment to enhance social inclusion: A feasibility study of rice-farming care for elderly people with cognitive impairment. Nihon Ronen Igakkai Zasshi. 2018;55(1):106-116. (in Japanese)
10) Ura C, Okamura T, Yamazaki S, Ishiguro T, Ibe M, Miyazaki M, Kawamuro Y. Rice-farming care for the elderly people with cognitive impairment in Japan: a case series. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2018 Feb;33(2):435-437.
11) Okamura T, Ura C, Yamazaki S, Shimmei M, Torishima K, Kawamuro Y. Green care farm as a new tool for inclusion of older people with various challenges in the super-aged community. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2019 May;34(5):777-778.
12) Yamazaki S, Ura C, Okamura T, Shimmei M, Ishiguro T, Torishima K, Kawamuro Y. Long-term effects of rice-farming care on cognitive function and mental health of elderly people with cognitive impairment: a follow-up study. Psychogeriatrics. 2019 Sep;19(5):513-515
13) Lindgren BM, Ringnér A, Molin J, Graneheim UH. Patients’experiences of isolation in psychiatric inpatient care: Insights from a meta-ethnographic study. Int J Ment Health Nurs. 2019 Feb;28(1):7-21. doi: 10.1111/inm.12519. Epub 2018 Jul 5.
14) The Imperial Household Agency. Activities of their majesties the emperor and empress and other members of the imperial family. Available at http://www.kunaicho.go.jp/e-about/activity/activity01.html [Accessed 19 April 2020].
15) Folstein MF, Folstein SE, McHugh PR. Mini-mental state: a practical method for grading the cognitive state of patients for the clinician. J Psychiatr Res. 1975;12:189-198. doi: 10.1016/0022-3956(75)90026-6.
16) Sugishita M, Hemmi I, Takeuchi T. Reexamination of the validity and reliability of the Japanese version of the mini-mental state examination (MMSE-J) Japan J Cogn Neurosci. 2016;18:168-183.
17) Awata S, Bech P, Yoshida S, Hirai M, Suzuki S, Yamashita M, et al. Reliability and validity of the Japanese version of the World Health Organization-Five Well-Being Index in the context of detecting depression in diabetic patients. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 2007;61:112-119.
18) Awata S, Bech P, Koizumi Y, Seki T, Kuriyama S, Hozawa A, et al. Validity and utility of the Japanese version of the WHO-Five Well-Being Index in the context of detecting suicidal ideation in elderly community residents. Int Psychogeriatr. 2007;19:77-88.
19) Arroll B. Screening for depression in primary care with two verbally asked questions: cross sectional study. BMJ. 2003;327:1144–1146.
20) Phinney A, Chaudhury H, O'Connor DL Doing as much as I can do: the meaning of activity for people with dementia. Aging Ment Health. 2007 Jul;11(4):384-393.
21) Kitwood T. Dementia Reconsidered: The Person Comes First. Buckingham: Open University Press; 1997.
22) Brooker, D. Person-Centred Dementia Care: Making Services Better. London: Jessica Kingsley; 2007.