1. Kehlet H. Multimodal approach to control postoperative pathophysiology and rehabilitation. British journal of anaesthesia 1997; 78(5): 606-17.
2. Ljungqvist O. ERAS--enhanced recovery after surgery: moving evidence-based perioperative care to practice. JPEN. Journal of parenteral and enteral nutrition 2014; 38(5): 559-66.
3. Umari M, Falini S, Segat M, et al. Anaesthesia and fast-track in video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS): from evidence to practice. Journal of thoracic disease 2018; 10(Suppl 4): S542-54.
4. Khandhar SJ, Schatz CL, Collins DT, et al. Thoracic enhanced recovery with ambulation after surgery: a 6-year experience. European journal of cardio-thoracic surgery : official journal of the European Association for Cardio-thoracic Surgery 2018; 53(6): 1192-8.
5. Grosen K, Laue Petersen G, Pfeiffer-Jensen M, Hoejsgaard A, Pilegaard HK. Persistent post-surgical pain following anterior thoracotomy for lung cancer: a cross-sectional study of prevalence, characteristics and interference with functioning. European journal of cardio-thoracic surgery : official journal of the European Association for Cardio-thoracic Surgery 2013; 43(1): 95-103.
6. Park JB, Hwang JJ, Lee WS, Kim YH, Lee SA. Postoperative chest tube placement after thoracoscopic wedge resection of lung for primary spontaneous pneumothorax: is it mandatory? Journal of thoracic disease 2018; 10(8): 4812-8.
7. Bottiger BA, Esper SA, Stafford-Smith M. Pain management strategies for thoracotomy and thoracic pain syndromes. Seminars in cardiothoracic and vascular anaesthesia 2014; 18(1): 45-56.
8. Koop O, Gries A, Eckert S, et al. The role of intercostal nerve preservation in pain control after thoracotomy. European journal of cardio-thoracic surgery : official journal of the European Association for Cardio-thoracic Surgery 2013; 43(4): 808-12.
9. Doan LV, Augustus J, Androphy R, Schechter D, Gharibo C. Mitigating the impact of acute and chronic post-thoracotomy pain. Journal of cardiothoracic and vascular anaesthesia 2014; 28(4): 1048-56.
10. Richardson J, Sabanathan S, Shah R. Post-thoracotomy spirometric lung function: the effect of analgesia. A review. The Journal of cardiovascular surgery 1999; 40(3): 445-56.
11. Slade MS, Greenberg LJ, Yunis EJ, Simmons RL. Integrated immune response to standard major surgical trauma in normal patients. Surgical forum 1974; 25(0): 425-7.
12. Bendixen M, Jorgensen OD, Kronborg C, Andersen C, Licht PB. Postoperative pain and quality of life after lobectomy via video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery or anterolateral thoracotomy for early stage lung cancer: a randomized controlled trial. The Lancet. Oncology 2016; 17(6): 836-44.
13. Mahtabifard A, DeArmond DT, Fuller CB, McKenna RJ, Jr. Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery lobectomy for stage I lung cancer. Thoracic surgery clinics 2007; 17(2): 223-31.
14. Scimia P, Basso Ricci E, Droghetti A, Fusco P. The Ultrasound-Guided Continuous Erector Spinae Plane Block for Postoperative Analgesia in Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Lobectomy. Regional anaesthesia and pain medicine 2017; 42(4): 537.
15. Tsui BCH, Fonseca A, Munshey F, McFadyen G, Caruso TJ. The erector spinae plane (ESP) block: A pooled review of 242 cases. Journal of clinical anaesthesia 2018; 53: 29-34.
16. Shafi S, Collinsworth AW, Copeland LA, et al. Association of Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events With Clinical and Cost Outcomes Among Surgical Patients in a Large Integrated Health Care Delivery System. JAMA surgery 2018; 153(8): 757-63.
17. Heaney A, Buggy DJ. Can anaesthetic and analgesic techniques affect cancer recurrence or metastasis? British journal of anaesthesia 2012; 109 Suppl 1: i17-i28.
18. Zylla D, Kuskowski MA, Gupta K, Gupta P. Association of opioid requirement and cancer pain with survival in advanced non-small cell lung cancer. British journal of anaesthesia 2014; 113(Suppl 1): i109-16.
19. Gornall BF, Myles PS, Smith CL, et al. Measurement of quality of recovery using the QoR-40: a quantitative systematic review. British journal of anaesthesia 2013; 111(2): 161-69.
20. Benyamin R, Trescot AM, Datta S, et al. Opioid complications and side effects. Pain physician 2008; 11(2 Suppl): S105-20.
21. Sessler DI. Does regional analgesia reduce the risk of cancer recurrence? A hypothesis. European journal of cancer prevention : the official journal of the European Cancer Prevention Organisation (ECP) 2008; 17(3): 269-72.