1. Riphagen S, Gomez X, Gonzalez-Martinez C, Wilkinson N, Theocharis P. Hyperinflammatory shock in children during COVID-19 pandemic. The Lancet. 2020 May 23;395(10237):1607-8.
2. Whittaker E, Bamford A, Kenny J, Kaforou M, Jones CE, Shah P, et al. Clinical characteristics of 58 children with a pediatric inflammatory multisystem syndrome temporally associated with SARS-CoV-2. JAMA 2020 [Epub ahead of print].
3. Ramcharan T, Nolan O, Lai CY, et al. Paediatric inflammatory multisystem syndrome: temporally associated with SARS-CoV-2 (PIMS-TS): cardiac features, management and short-term outcomes at a UK Tertiary Paediatric Hospital [published online ahead of print, 2020 Jun 12]. Pediatr Cardiol. 2020;1–11. doi:10.1007/s00246-020-02391-2.
4. Verdoni L, Mazza A, Gervasoni A, Martelli L, Ruggeri M, Ciuffreda M, Bonanomi E, D'Antiga L. An outbreak of severe Kawasaki-like disease at the Italian epicentre of the SARS-CoV-2 epidemic: an observational cohort study. The Lancet. 2020 Jun 6;395(10239):1771-8.
5. Feldstein LR, Rose EB, Horwitz SM, et al. Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in U.S. Children and Adolescents. N Engl J Med. 2020;383(4):334–346. doi:10.1056/NEJMoa2021680.
6. Dufort EM, Koumans EH, Chow EJ, et al. Multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children in New York State. N Engl J Med 2020;383(4):347–58.
7. European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. Pediatric inflammatory multisystem
syndrome and SARS-CoV-2 infection in children – 15 May 2020. ECDC: Stockholm; 2020.
8. Balasubramanian S, Nagendran TM, Ramachandran B, Ramanan AV. Hyper-inflammatory
syndrome in a child with COVID-19 treated successfully with intravenous immunoglobulin and tocilizumab. Indian Pediatr. 2020; S097475591600180.
9. Royal College of Pediatrics and Child Health. Guidance—Pediatric multisystem inflammatory syndrome temporally associated with COVID-19, 2020. Available from: https://www.rcpch.ac.uk/resources/guidance-pediatric-multisystem-inflammatory-syndrometemporally- associated-covid-19. Accessed March 24, 2020.
10. Multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children and adolescents with COVID-19. 15 May 2020 Scientific brief: World Health Organisation. Available from: https://www.who.int/publications-detail/multisystem-inflammatory-syndrome-in-children-and adolescents- with-covid-19. Accessed March 22, 2021.
11. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Emergency preparedness and response: Health alert network. [May 14, 2020]. Available from: https://emergency.cdc.gov/han/2020/han00432.asp. Accessed March 21, 2021.
12. Radia T, Williams N, Agrawal P, Harman K, Weale J, Cook J, Gupta A. Multi-system inflammatory syndrome in children & adolescents (MIS-C): A systematic review of clinical features and presentation. Paediatric respiratory reviews. 2020 Aug 11.
13. She J, Liu L, Liu W. COVID-19 epidemic: Disease characteristics in children. J Med Virol. 2020;92(7):747–754.
14. Kim YJ et al. (2020) Defining association between COVID-19 and the multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children through the pandemic. Journal of Korean Medical Science 35, e204.
15. Rauf A et al. (2020) Multisystem inflammatory syndrome with features of atypical Kawasaki disease during COVID-19 pandemic. Indian Journal of Pediatrics 87, 745–747.
16. Diagnosis, treatment, and long-term management of kawasaki disease: a scientific statement for health professionals from the American Heart Association. Circulation 2019;140(5):e181–4. doi: 10.1161/CIR.0000000000000703.
17. Gottlieb M, Long B, Koyfman A. The evaluation and management of toxic shock syndrome in the emergency department: a review of the literature. J Emerg Med 2018;54(6):807–14. doi: 10.1016/j.jemermed.2017.12.048.
18. Surviving sepsis campaign international guidelines for the management of septic shock and sepsis-associated organ dysfunction in children. Intensive Care Med. 2020;46: 10–67.
19. Khemani RG, Smith LS, Zimmerman JJ, et al: for the Pediatric Acute Lung Injury Consensus Conference Pediatric Acute Lung Injury: Definition, Incidence, and Epidemiology. Pediatr Crit Care Med 2015; 16(Suppl 1): S23–S40
20. Wernovsky G, Wypij D, Jonas RA, et al: Postoperative course and hemodynamic profile after the arterial switch operation in neonates and infants. A comparison of low flow cardiopulmonary bypass and circulatory arrest. Circulation 1995; 92:2226–2235.
21. Belhadjer Z, Meot M, Bajolle F, et al. Acute heart failure in multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C) in the context of global SARS-CoV-2 pandemic. Circulation. 2020; doi:10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.120.048360
22. Dhanalakshmi K, Venkataraman A, Balasubramanian S, Madhusudan M, Amperayani S, Putilibai S, Sadasivam K, Ramachandran B, Ramanan AV. Epidemiological and Clinical Profile of Pediatric inflammatory multisystem syndrome—temporally associated with SARS-CoV-2 (PIMS-TS) in Indian children. Indian pediatrics. 2020 Nov;57(11):1010-4.
23. Godfred-Cato S, Bryant B, Leung J, et al; California MIS-C Response Team. COVID-19-associated multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children: United States, March-July 2020. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2020;69(32):1074–1080. doi:10.15585/mmwr.mm6932e2
24. Ahmed M, Advani S, Moreira A, Zoretic S, Martinez J, Chorath K, Acosta S, Naqvi R, Burmeister-Morton F, Burmeister F, Tarriela A. Multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children: A systematic review. EClinicalMedicine. 2020 Sep 1;26:100527.
25. Mamishi S et al (2020). Multisystem inflammatory syndrome associated with SARS-CoV-2 infection in 45 children: a first report from Iran. Epidemiology and Infection 148, e196, 1–5. https://doi.org/10.1017/S095026882000196X
26. Hoste, L., Van Paemel, R. & Haerynck, F. Multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children related to COVID-19: a systematic review. Eur J Pediatr (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00431-021-03993-5
27. Abrams JY, Oster ME, Godfred-Cato SE, Bryant B, Datta SD, Campbell AP, Leung JW, Tsang CA, Pierce TJ, Kennedy JL, Hammett TA. Factors linked to severe outcomes in multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C) in the USA: a retrospective surveillance study. The Lancet Child & Adolescent Health. 2021 Mar 10.
28. Wan Y, Shang J, Sun S, et al. Molecular mechanism for antibody- dependent enhancement of coronavirus entry. J Virol.2020;94(5):e02015-19.
29. Wang Q, Zhang L, Kuwahara K, Li L, Liu Z, Li T, et al. Immunodominant SARS coronavirus epitopes in humans elicited both enhancing and neutralizing effects on infection in non-human primates. ACS Infect Dis. 2016;2:361 − 76.
30. Hoang A, Chorath K, Moreira A, et al. COVID-19 in 7780 pediatric patients: a systematic review. EClinicalMedicine 2020. doi: 10.1016/j.eclinm.2020.100433.
31. Rothan HA, Byrareddy SN. The potential threat of multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children during the COVID-19 pandemic. Pediatr. Allergy Immunol.2020;00:1–6. https://doi.org/10.1111/pai.13361