1.Andersson HI, Ejlertsson G, Leden, I., Rosenberg C. Chronic pain in a geographically defined general population: studies of differences in age, gender, social class, and pain localization. The Clin J Pain.1993;9(3): 174-182. DOI:10.1097/00002508-199309000-00004
2.Côté P, van der Velde G, Cassidy JD, Carroll LJ, Hogg-Johnson S, Holm LW, Carragee EJ, Haldeman S, Nordin M, Hurwitz EL, Guzman J, Peloso PM. The burden and determinants of neck pain in workers: results of the Bone and Joint Decade 2000-2010 Task Force on Neck Pain and Its Associated Disorders. Spine. 2008;33 (4): 60-74. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1097/BRS.0b013e3181643ee4 .
3. Cagnie BL, Danneels D, Van Tiggelen V, De Loose D, Cambier D. Individual and work related risk factors for neck pain among office workers: a cross sectional study. Eur Spine J.2006;16 (5): 679–686. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00586-006-0269-7 .
4.Kim MH, Yi CH, Kwon OY, Cho SH., Yoo WG. Changes in neck muscle electromyography and forward head posture of children when carrying schoolbags. Ergonomics. 2008;51(6):890-901. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/00140130701852747 .
5. Schwanke NL, Pohl HH, Reuter CP, Borges TS, de Souza S, Burgos MS. Differences in body posture, strength and flexibility in schoolchildren with overweightand obesity: A quasi-experimental study. Man Ther.2016;22:138-144. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.math.2015.11.004 .
6. Gross AR, Goldsmith C, Hoving JL, Haines T, Peloso P, Aker P, Santaguida P, Myers C. Cervical Overview Group. Conservative management of mechanical neck disorders: a systematic review. J Rheumatol.2007;34 (5):1083-1102.
7. Portillo-Soto A, Eberman LE, Demchak TJ, Peebles C. Comparison of blood flow changes with soft tissue mobilization and massage therapy. J Altern Complement Med.2014:;20(12):932-936. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1089/acm.2014.0160 .
8. Fousekis K, Eid K, Tafa E, Gkrilias P, Mylonas K, Angelopoulos P, Koumoundourou Dimitra, BillisEvdokia, Tsepis E. Can the application of the Ergon® IASTM treatment on remote parts of the superficial back myofascial line be equally effective with the local application for the improvement of the hamstrings’ flexibility? A randomized control study. J Phys Ther Sci. 2019;31(7), 508-511.
9. Falla D, Jull G, Russell TR, Vicenzino B, Hodges P. Effect of Neck Exercise on Sitting Posture in Patients With Chronic Neck Pain. Phys Ther. 2007;87(4):408–417. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2522/ptj.20060009
10. Roddey TS, Olson SL, Grant SE. The effect of pectoralis muscle stretching on the resting position of the scapula in persons with varying degrees of forward head/rounded shoulder posture. J Man ManipTher. 2002;10(3), 124-128.
11. Singla D, Veqar Z. Association between forward head, rounded shoulders, and increased thoracic kyphosis: a review of the literature. J Chiropr Med. 2017;16(3), 220-229.
12. Zepa I, Hurmerinta K, Kovero O, Nissinen M, Könönen M, Huggare J. Associations between thoracic kyphosis, head posture, and craniofacial morphology in young adults. ActaOdontol Scand. 2000;58(6), 237-242.
13. Faul F, Erdfelder E, Lang AG, Buchner A. G* Power 3: A flexible statistical power analysis program for the social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences. BehavResMethods. 2007;39(2), 175-191.
14. Yip CHT, Chiu TTW, Poon ATK. The relationship between head posture and severity and disability of patients with neck pain. Man Ther. 2008; 13(2), 148-154.
15. Miller J, Gross A, D'Sylva J, Burnie SJ, Goldsmith CH, Graham N, Haines T, Brønfort, G, Hoving JL, Manual therapy and exercise for neck pain: a systematic review. Man Ther. 2010;15(4):334-354. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK79255/ .
16. Ruivo RM, Carita AI. Pezarat-Correia P. The effects of training and detraining after an 8 month resistance and stretching training program on forward head and protracted shoulder postures in adolescents: Randomised controlled study. Man Ther. 2016;2: 76-82. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.math.2015.05.001 .
17. vanNiekerk SM, Louw Q, Vaughan C, Grimmer-Somers K, Schreve K. Photographic measurement of upper-body sitting posture of high school students: a reliability and validity study. BMC musculoskeletal disorders. 2008; 9:113 doi:10.1186/1471-2474-9-113.
18. Norkin CC, White, DJ. Measurement of joint motion: a guide to goniometry. FA Davis; 2016.
19. Simatou M, Papandreou M, Billis E, Tsekoura M, Mylonas K, Fousekis K. Effects of the Ergon® instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization technique (IASTM), foam rolling, and static stretching application to different parts of the myofascial lateral line on hip joint flexibility. J Phys Ther Sci.2020; 32(4), 288-291.
20. Lynch SS, Thigpen CA, Mihalik JP, Prentice WE, Padua D. The effects of an exercise intervention on forward head and rounded shoulder postures in elite swimmers. Br J Sports Med.2010;44(5):376-381. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bjsm.2009.066837
21. Kim BB, Lee JH, Jeong HJ, Cynn HS. Effects of suboccipital release with craniocervical flexion exercise on craniocervical alignment and extrinsic cervical muscle activity in subjects with forward head posture. J Electromyogr Kines.2016;30:31-37.
22. Damas F, Cleiton AL, Ugrinowitsch C. The development of skeletal muscle hypertrophy through resistance training: the role of muscle damage and muscle protein synthesis. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2017; 118(3):485–500. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00421-017-3792-9 .
23. Damas F, Phillips S, Vechin FC, Ugrinowitsch C. A review of resistance training-induced changes in skeletal muscle protein synthesis and their contribution to hypertrophy. Sports Med. 2016;45(6), 801-807.
24. Huijing PA. Epimuscular myofascial force transmission: A historical review and implications for new research. JBiomech.2009;42(1):9-21. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2008.09.027
25. Harman K, Hubley-Kozey CL, Butler H. Effectiveness of an Exercise Program to Improve Forward Head Posture in Normal Adults: A Randomized, Controlled 10-Week Trial. JManManipTher. 2005;13 (3): 163–176. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1179/106698105790824888
26. Wright E, Domenech M, Fischer J.Usefulness of posture training for patients with temporomandibular disorders. J Am Dent Associ. 2000;131(2):202-210. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.2000.0148 .
27. Nicolakis P, Erdogmus B, Kopf A, Nicolakis M, Piehslinger E, Fialka-Moser V. Effectiveness of exercise therapy in patients with myofascial pain dysfunction syndrome. J Oral Rehab. 2002; 29(4):362–368. DOI:10.1046/j.1365-2842.2002.00859.
28. McDonnell MK, Sahrmann SA, Van Dillen L. A specific exercise program and modification of postural alignment for treatment of cervicogenic headache: a case report. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2005;35(1), 3-15.