1. Ethiopia Ministry of labor and social affairs. National plan of action on older persons from 1998 to 2007 E.C. 2013.
2. United Nations. Department of Economic and Social affairs population division:World population ageing. ST/ESA/SEERRAA/430. 2019.
3. WHO. Available from: https://www.who.int/health-topics/ageing#tab=tab_1
4. Ethiopia FDR population census commission. Summar and statistical report of 2007 population and housing census :population size by age and sex. Central statistical agency(CSA) of Ethiopia,Addis Ababa. 2014.
5. Worldometers. Population of Ethiopia (2019 and historical) 2019. Available from: https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/ethiopia-population.
6. Hayflick L. Biological aging is no longer an solved problem. Ann NY Acad Sci 2007.
7. Brownie S. Why are elderly individuals at risk of nutritional deficiency. International Journal of Nursing Practice 2006.
8. Help age Intrnational. Vulnerability of older people in Ethiopia: The case of Oromia ,Amahra and SNNP regional states Help age Intrnational ,Addis Ababa 2013.
9. Malnourished :key facts [Internet]. 2018. Available from: available at : http's//www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/malnutrition.
10. Cederholm T BI, Barazzoni R, Bauer J,Van Gossum A,Klek S, et al. . Diagnostic criteria for malnutrition- an ESPEN consensus statement. clin nutr 2015.
11. Skates JJ, Anthony PS,. identifying geriatric malnutrition in nursing practice :the mini nutritional assessment(MNA) dan evidence-based screening tool J Gerontol Nurs 2012.
12. Morley JE. Anorexia of aging :Physiologic and pathologic. AM J Clin Nutr. 1997.
13. K.E.Charlton AK, Johanna H.,,. The MNA,but not DETERMINE,screening tool is a valid indicator of nutritional status in elderly Africans Nutrition. 2007.
14. Sara A. Nutritional status and helath related qaulity of life among elderly in rural area in Egypt EJGG. 2018.
15. Haile mariam, Pragya S,Tigist F. Evalution of mini nutrition assessment (MNA) tool among community dwelling elderly in urban community of Hawassa city,Southern Ethiopia. BMC Nutrition. 2016.
16. Eglseer D, Halfens R,Lohrmann C,. Is the presence of a validated malnutrition screening tool associated with better nutritional care in hospitaled patients Nutrition. 2017.
17. Skipper A, Ferguson M,Thompson K,Castellanos VH,Porcari J. Nutrition screening tools : an analysis of the evidence. JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr. 2012.
18. Kondrup, Allison P,Elia M, Vellas B, Plauth M. ESPEN Guide line for nutrition screening 2002 Clinical nutrition 2003.
19. Skates JJ, Anthony PS. identifying geriatric malnutrition in nursing practice :the mini nutritional assessment(MNA) dan evidence-based screening tool J Gerontol Nurs. 2012.
20. Jones JM. Validity of nutritional screening and assessment tools. Nutrition 2004.
21. Marion S, Maria E ,Villars H, Gabor Ab and Vellas B. The Mini Nutritional Assessment (MNA) after 20 years of research and clinical practice. Reviews in Clinical Gerontology 2007.
22. Guigoz Y. Mini nutritional assessment : A practice assessment tool for grading the nutritional state of elderly patients. Facts and research in gerontology supplement 1994
23. Guigoz Y. The mini nutritional assessment (MNA) review of the literature : what doest it tells? J Nutr health and ageing 2006.
24. Power L, Mullally D,Gibney E,Clarke M,Visser M,Dorothee V et al. A reveiw of the validity of mal nutrition screening tools used in older adults in community and health care setting clinical nutrition. 2018.
25. Rubenstein L. Screening for under nutrition in geriatric practice :developing the short form mini nutritional assessment (MNA SF). Journals of gerontology series A : Biological sciences and medical sciences 2001
26. Elia M et al. Aguide to the malnutrition malnutrition universal screening tool (MUST) for adult 2003.
27. Kruizenga et al. Development and validation of a hospital screening tool for malnutrition : the short form nutritional assessment queostinairre (SNAQ). CLinical nutrition 2005.
28. Charlton et al. Development of a novel nutrition screening tool for use in elderly South Africans. Public heath nutrition 2005.
29. Kaiser MJ, Bauer JM,Anthony P,Guigoz Y,Vellas B,Tsai AC et al. Validation of the mini nutritional assessment short form (MNA-SF) : A practical tool for identification of nutritional status J Nutr health and ageing 2009.
30. Nazan S, Buket K. Evaluation of nutritional status of elderly patients presenting to the family health center. 2018.
31. Mesfin Agachew Woldekidan, Demewoz Haile, Bilal Shikur &,Seifu Hagos, Gebreyesus. Validity of Mini Nutritional Assessment tool among an elderly population
in Yeka sub-city, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. South African Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 2020; .
32. Mini nutritional assessment [Internet]. Nestle nutrition institute. 2009. Available from: www.mna-elderly.com.
33. Guide to complete mini nutritional assessment [Internet]. Nestle nutrition institute. 2010. Available from: www.mna-elderly.com.
34. Garson G. Validity and reliability Statistical associations : avaliable at: wwwstatisticalassociatecom wwwstatisticalassociatecom 2016.
35. Mukaka M. Statitics corner : A guide appropriate use of correlation coefficient in medical research. Malawi medical journal. 2012.
36. Landis G, Koch J. The measurement of observer agreement for categorical data. Biometric. 1977.
37. Zhu W, Zeng N,Wang N. Sensitivity ,specificity,accuracy,assocaited confidenfce interval and ROC analysis with practical SAS implementation NESUG: health cares and life science. 2010.
38. Youden WJ. Index for rating diagnostic tests National bureau of standard Washington DC: Cancr ,doi:101002/1097-0142 1950.
39. Kaiser MJ, Bauer,Uter W,Donini ML,Volkert D,Diekmann R et al. Prospective validation of the modified mini nutritional assessment short form in the community,nursing home and rehabilitation setting. American geriatric society. 2011.
40. Garcia et al. Validation of the revised mini nutritional assessment short form in nursing homes in Spain Journal health and ageing 2013.