1. COVID-19: when you can refuse to treat a patient due to inadequate PPE [https://rcni.com/nursing-standard/newsroom/policy-briefing/covid-19-when-you-can-refuse-to-treat-a-patient-due-to-inadequate-ppe-160201]
2. Nurse pay: will the ‘clap for carers’ sentiment mean anything come negotiation time? [https://rcni.com/nursing-standard/newsroom/analysis/nurse-pay-will-clap-carers-sentiment-mean-anything-come-negotiation-time-162331]
3. Liu Q, Luo D, Haase JE, Guo Q, Wang XQ, Liu S, Xia L, Liu Z, Yang J, Yang BX: The experiences of health-care providers during the COVID-19 crisis in China: a qualitative study. The Lancet Global health 2020, 8(6):e790-e798.
4. Adams JG, Walls RM: Supporting the Health Care Workforce During the COVID-19 Global Epidemic. Jama 2020, 323(15):1439-1440.
5. Zheng R, Zhou Y, Fu Y, Xiang Q, Cheng F, Chen H, Xu H, Fu L, Wu X, Feng M et al: Prevalence and associated factors of depression and anxiety among nurses during the outbreak of COVID-19 in China: A cross-sectional study. International journal of nursing studies 2021, 114:103809.
6. Koksal E, Dost B, Terzi Ö, Ustun YB, Özdin S, Bilgin S: Evaluation of Depression and Anxiety Levels and Related Factors Among Operating Theater Workers During the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic. Journal of perianesthesia nursing : official journal of the American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses 2020, 35(5):472-477.
7. Aksoy YE, Koçak V: Psychological effects of nurses and midwives due to COVID-19 outbreak: The case of Turkey. Arch Psychiatr Nurs 2020, 34(5):427-433.
8. Juan Y, Yuanyuan C, Qiuxiang Y, Cong L, Xiaofeng L, Yundong Z, Jing C, Peifeng Q, Yan L, Xiaojiao X et al: Psychological distress surveillance and related impact analysis of hospital staff during the COVID-19 epidemic in Chongqing, China. Comprehensive psychiatry 2020, 103:152198.
9. Cai Q, Feng H, Huang J, Wang M, Wang Q, Lu X, Xie Y, Wang X, Liu Z, Hou B et al: The mental health of frontline and non-frontline medical workers during the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak in China: A case-control study. Journal of affective disorders 2020, 275:210-215.
10. Xiao X, Zhu X, Fu S, Hu Y, Li X, Xiao J: Psychological impact of healthcare workers in China during COVID-19 pneumonia epidemic: A multi-center cross-sectional survey investigation. Journal of affective disorders 2020, 274:405-410.
11. Ren Y, Feng C, Rasubala L, Malmstrom H, Eliav E: Risk for dental healthcare professionals during the COVID-19 global pandemic: An evidence-based assessment. Journal of dentistry 2020, 101:103434.
12. Elhadi M, Msherghi A, Elgzairi M, Alhashimi A, Bouhuwaish A, Biala M, Abuelmeda S, Khel S, Khaled A, Alsoufi A et al: Psychological status of healthcare workers during the civil war and COVID-19 pandemic: A cross-sectional study. Journal of psychosomatic research 2020, 137:110221.
13. Wong AH, Pacella-LaBarbara ML, Ray JM, Ranney ML, Chang BP: Healing the Healer: Protecting Emergency Health Care Workers' Mental Health During COVID-19. Annals of emergency medicine 2020, 76(4):379-384.
14. Muller AE, Hafstad EV, Himmels JPW, Smedslund G, Flottorp S, Stensland S, Stroobants S, Van de Velde S, Vist GE: The mental health impact of the covid-19 pandemic on healthcare workers, and interventions to help them: A rapid systematic review. Psychiatry research 2020, 293:113441.
15. Senczyszyn A, Lion KM, Szcześniak D, Trypka E, Mazurek J, Ciułkowicz M, Maćkowiak M, Duda-Sikuła M, Wallner R, Rymaszewska J: Mental Health Impact of SARS-COV-2 Pandemic on Long-Term Care Facility Personnel in Poland. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association 2020, 21(11):1576-1577.
16. Krishnamoorthy Y, Nagarajan R, Saya GK, Menon V: Prevalence of psychological morbidities among general population, healthcare workers and COVID-19 patients amidst the COVID-19 pandemic: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Psychiatry research 2020, 293:113382.
17. Galehdar N, Kamran A, Toulabi T, Heydari H: Exploring nurses' experiences of psychological distress during care of patients with COVID-19: a qualitative study. BMC Psychiatry 2020, 20(1):489.
18. Travers JL, Schroeder K, Norful AA, Aliyu S: The influence of empowered work environments on the psychological experiences of nursing assistants during COVID-19: a qualitative study. BMC nursing 2020, 19:98.
19. Hacimusalar Y, Kahve AC, Yasar AB, Aydin MS: Anxiety and hopelessness levels in COVID-19 pandemic: A comparative study of healthcare professionals and other community sample in Turkey. Journal of psychiatric research 2020, 129:181-188.
20. Arnetz JE, Goetz CM, Arnetz BB, Arble E: Nurse Reports of Stressful Situations during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Qualitative Analysis of Survey Responses. International journal of environmental research and public health 2020, 17(21).
21. Quigley AL, Stone H, Nguyen PY, Chughtai AA, MacIntyre CR: Estimating the burden of COVID-19 on the Australian healthcare workers and health system during the first six months of the pandemic. International journal of nursing studies 2021, 114:103811.
22. Smith JA, Rhodes JE: Being depleted and being shaken: An interpretative phenomenological analysis of the experiential features of a first episode of depression. Psychology and psychotherapy 2015, 88(2):197-209.
23. Pang D, Senaratana W, Kunaviktikul W, Klunklin A, McElmurry BJ: Nursing values in China: the expectations of registered nurses. Nursing & health sciences 2009, 11(3):312-317.