1. Ciotti M, Angeletti S, Minieri M, Giovannetti M, Benvenuto D, Pascarella S, Sagnelli C, Bianchi M, Bernardini S, Ciccozzi M: COVID-19 Outbreak: An Overview. Chemotherapy 2019, 64:215-223.
2. Tandon PN: COVID-19: Impact on health of people & wealth of nations. Indian J Med Res 2020, 151:121-123.
3. Special Expert Group for Control of the Epidemic of Novel Coronavirus Pneumonia of the Chinese Preventive Medicine A: [An update on the epidemiological characteristics of novel coronavirus pneumonia (COVID-19)]. Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 2020, 41:139-144.
4. Wang HJ, Du SH, Yue X, Chen CX: Review and Prospect of Pathological Features of Corona Virus Disease. Fa Yi Xue Za Zhi 2020, 36:16-20.
5. Gupta SP: Progress in Studies on Structural and Remedial Aspects of Newly Born Coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2. Curr Top Med Chem 2020, 20:2362-2378.
6. Wu F, Zhao S, Yu B, Chen YM, Wang W, Song ZG, Hu Y, Tao ZW, Tian JH, Pei YY, et al: A new coronavirus associated with human respiratory disease in China. Nature 2020, 579:265-269.
7. Zhou P, Yang XL, Wang XG, Hu B, Zhang L, Zhang W, Si HR, Zhu Y, Li B, Huang CL, et al: A pneumonia outbreak associated with a new coronavirus of probable bat origin. Nature 2020, 579:270-273.
8. Zhang L, Lin D, Sun X, Curth U, Drosten C, Sauerhering L, Becker S, Rox K, Hilgenfeld R: Crystal structure of SARS-CoV-2 main protease provides a basis for design of improved alpha-ketoamide inhibitors. Science 2020, 368:409-412.
9. Harvey AL: Natural products in drug discovery. Drug Discov Today 2008, 13:894-901.
10. Gentile D, Patamia V, Scala A, Sciortino MT, Piperno A, Rescifina A: Putative Inhibitors of SARS-CoV-2 Main Protease from A Library of Marine Natural Products: A Virtual Screening and Molecular Modeling Study. Mar Drugs 2020, 18.
11. Joshi T, Joshi T, Sharma P, Mathpal S, Pundir H, Bhatt V, Chandra S: In silico screening of natural compounds against COVID-19 by targeting Mpro and ACE2 using molecular docking. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 2020, 24:4529-4536.
12. Kandeel M, Al-Nazawi M: Virtual screening and repurposing of FDA approved drugs against COVID-19 main protease. Life Sci 2020, 251:117627.
13. Hakmi M, Bouricha EM, Kandoussi I, Harti JE, Ibrahimi A: Repurposing of known anti-virals as potential inhibitors for SARS-CoV-2 main protease using molecular docking analysis. Bioinformation 2020, 16:301-306.
14. Ton AT, Gentile F, Hsing M, Ban F, Cherkasov A: Rapid Identification of Potential Inhibitors of SARS-CoV-2 Main Protease by Deep Docking of 1.3 Billion Compounds. Mol Inform 2020, 39:e2000028.
15. <4 Structure-based design of antiviral drug candidates targeting the SARS-CoV-2 main protease.pdf>.
16. Verma P, Tiwari M, Tiwari V: In silico high-throughput virtual screening and molecular dynamics simulation study to identify inhibitor for AdeABC efflux pump of Acinetobacter baumannii. J Biomol Struct Dyn 2018, 36:1182-1194.
17. Shrum B, Anantha RV, Xu SX, Donnelly M, Haeryfar SM, McCormick JK, Mele T: A robust scoring system to evaluate sepsis severity in an animal model. BMC Res Notes 2014, 7:233.
18. Zhu N, Zhang D, Wang W, Li X, Yang B, Song J, Zhao X, Huang B, Shi W, Lu R, et al: A Novel Coronavirus from Patients with Pneumonia in China, 2019. N Engl J Med 2020, 382:727-733.
19. Li Q, Guan X, Wu P, Wang X, Zhou L, Tong Y, Ren R, Leung KSM, Lau EHY, Wong JY, et al: Early Transmission Dynamics in Wuhan, China, of Novel Coronavirus-Infected Pneumonia. N Engl J Med 2020, 382:1199-1207.
20. Das S, Sarmah S, Lyndem S, Singha Roy A: An investigation into the identification of potential inhibitors of SARS-CoV-2 main protease using molecular docking study. J Biomol Struct Dyn 2020:1-11.
21. Fischer A, Sellner M, Neranjan S, Smiesko M, Lill MA: Potential Inhibitors for Novel Coronavirus Protease Identified by Virtual Screening of 606 Million Compounds. Int J Mol Sci 2020, 21.
22. Vuong W, Khan MB, Fischer C, Arutyunova E, Lamer T, Shields J, Saffran HA, McKay RT, van Belkum MJ, Joyce MA, et al: Feline coronavirus drug inhibits the main protease of SARS-CoV-2 and blocks virus replication. Nat Commun 2020, 11:4282.
23. Kim Y, Lovell S, Tiew KC, Mandadapu SR, Alliston KR, Battaile KP, Groutas WC, Chang KO: Broad-spectrum antivirals against 3C or 3C-like proteases of picornaviruses, noroviruses, and coronaviruses. J Virol 2012, 86:11754-11762.
24. Tiew KC, He G, Aravapalli S, Mandadapu SR, Gunnam MR, Alliston KR, Lushington GH, Kim Y, Chang KO, Groutas WC: Design, synthesis, and evaluation of inhibitors of Norwalk virus 3C protease. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 2011, 21:5315-5319.
25. Mandadapu SR, Weerawarna PM, Gunnam MR, Alliston KR, Lushington GH, Kim Y, Chang KO, Groutas WC: Potent inhibition of norovirus 3CL protease by peptidyl alpha-ketoamides and alpha-ketoheterocycles. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 2012, 22:4820-4826.
26. Costanzo M, De Giglio MAR, Roviello GN: SARS-CoV-2: Recent Reports on Antiviral Therapies Based on Lopinavir/Ritonavir, Darunavir/Umifenovir, Hydroxychloroquine, Remdesivir, Favipiravir and other Drugs for the Treatment of the New Coronavirus. Curr Med Chem 2020, 27:4536-4541.
27. Cao B, Wang Y, Wen D, Liu W, Wang J, Fan G, Ruan L, Song B, Cai Y, Wei M, et al: A Trial of Lopinavir-Ritonavir in Adults Hospitalized with Severe Covid-19. N Engl J Med 2020, 382:1787-1799.
28. Das P, Majumder R, Mandal M, Basak P: In-Silico approach for identification of effective and stable inhibitors for COVID-19 main protease (M(pro)) from flavonoid based phytochemical constituents of Calendula officinalis. J Biomol Struct Dyn 2020:1-16.
29. Garg S, Roy A: In silico analysis of selected alkaloids against main protease (M(pro)) of SARS-CoV-2. Chem Biol Interact 2020, 332:109309.
30. Ghosh R, Chakraborty A, Biswas A, Chowdhuri S: Identification of alkaloids from Justicia adhatoda as potent SARS CoV-2 main protease inhibitors: An in silico perspective. J Mol Struct 2020:129489.
31. Ghosh R, Chakraborty A, Biswas A, Chowdhuri S: Evaluation of green tea polyphenols as novel corona virus (SARS CoV-2) main protease (Mpro) inhibitors - an in silico docking and molecular dynamics simulation study. J Biomol Struct Dyn 2020:1-13.
32. Zhou F, Yu T, Du R, Fan G, Liu Y, Liu Z, Xiang J, Wang Y, Song B, Gu X, et al: Clinical course and risk factors for mortality of adult inpatients with COVID-19 in Wuhan, China: a retrospective cohort study. Lancet 2020, 395:1054-1062.