1) Varughese S, Jain S, Gupta N, Singh S, Tyagi V, Puliyel JM. Magnitude of the problem of retinopathy of prematurity. experience in a large maternity unit with a medium size level-3 nursery. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2001 Sep;49(3):187-8.
2) Charan R, Dogra MR, Gupta A, Narang A. The Prevalence of retinopathy of prematurity in a neonatal care unit. Indian J Ophthalmol 1995; 43:123–26.
3) Gopal L, Sharma T, Ramachandran S, Shanmugasundaram R, Asha V. Retinopathy of prematurity: a study. Indian J Ophthalmol 1995; 43:59–61.
4) Rekha S, Battu RR. Retinopathy of prematurity: prevalence and risk factors. Indian Paediatrics 1996; 33:999–1003.
5) Varughese S, Jain S, Gupta N, Singh S, Tyagi V, Puliyel JM. Magnitude of the problem of retinopathy of prematurity. Experience in a large maternity unit with a medium size level 3 nursery. Indian J Ophthalmol 2001; 49:187.
6) Vinekar A, Dogra MR, Sangtam T, Narang A, Gupta A. Retinopathy of prematurity in Asian Indian babies weighing greater than 1250 grams at birth: ten-year data from a tertiary care centre in a developing country. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2007 Sep-Oct;55(5):331-6.
7) Jalali S, Matalia J, Hussain A, Anand R. Modiﬁcation of screening criteria for retinopathy of prematurity in India and other middle-income countries. Am J Ophthalmol 2006; 141:966–68.
8) Vinekar A, Jayadev C, Mangalesh S, Shetty B, Vidyasagar D. Role of tele-medicine in retinopathy of prematurity screening in rural outreach centres in India - a report of 20,214 imaging sessions in the KIDROP program. Semin Fetal Neonatal Med. 2015 Oct;20(5):335-45.
9) Vinekar A, Jayadev C, Dogra M, Shetty B. Improving Follow-up of Infants during Retinopathy of Prematurity Screening in Rural Areas. Indian Pediatr. 2016 Nov 7;53 Suppl 2:S151-S154.
10) Hungi B, Vinekar A, Datti N, Kariyappa P, Braganza S, Chinnaiah S et al. Retinopathy of prematurity in a rural Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in South India-a prospective study. Indian J Pediatr 2012; 79:911–15.
11) Murthy KR, Murthy PR, Shah DA, Nandan MR, S NH, Benakappa N. Comparison of profile of retinopathy of prematurity in semiurban/rural and urban NICUs in Karnataka, India. Br J Ophthalmol 2013;97:687–689.
12) Available from: http://www.supremecourtofindia.nic.in/jonew/judis/42745.pdf Accessed on 21st July 2017.
13) Pejaver RK, Vinekar A, Bilagi A [webpage on the Internet]. National Neonatology Foundation’s Evidence Based Clinical Practice Guidelines 2010. Retinopathy of Prematurity (NNF India, Guidelines); 2010: 253–262. Available from: http://aimaonline.org/iap-neochap-2013/uploads/ acd-corner/nnf_guidelines-2011.pdf. Accessed on 21st July 2017.
14) International Committee for the Classification of Retinopathy of Prematurity. Multicentre trial of cryotherapy. An international classification of retinopathy of prematurity. Arch Ophthalmol 1984; 102: 1130-1134.
15) International Committee for the Classification of the Late Stages of Retinopathy of Prematurity. An international classification of retinopathy of prematurity II. The classification of retinal detachment. Arch Ophthalmol 1987; 105: 906-912.
16) Early Treatment for Retinopathy of Prematurity Cooperative Group. Revised indications for the treatment of retinopathy of prematurity: results of the early treatment for retinopathy of prematurity randomized trial. Arch Ophthalmol. 2003;121(12):1684–1694.
17) Subhadra Jalali, Raj Anand, Padmaja Kumari Rani, Divya Balakrishnan. Impact of the day-30 screening strategy on the disease presentation and outcome of retinopathy of prematurity. The Indian twin cities retinopathy of prematurity report number 3. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2014 May;62(5):610-4.
18) Nirmalan PK, Sheeladevi S, Tamilselvi V, Victor AC, Vijayalakshmi P, Rahmatullah L. Perceptions of eye diseases and eye care needs among parents in rural South India: the Kariapatti Pediatric Eye Evaluation Project (KPEEP). Indian J Ophthalmol 2004; 52:163–7.
19) Vijaylakshmi P, Nirmalan P, Kothari MT. Pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus in India. J AAPOS 2004; 8:18–19.
20) Patwardhan SD, Azad R, Gogia V, Chandra P, Gupta S. Prevailing clinical practices regarding screening for retinopathy of prematurity among paediatricians in India: a pilot survey. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2011 Nov-Dec;59(6):427-30.
21) Sathiamohanraj SR, Shah PK, Senthilkumar D, Narendran V, Kalpana N. Awareness of retinopathy of prematurity among paediatricians in a tier two city of South India. Oman J Ophthalmol. 2011 May;4(2):77-80.
22) Bhatt D. Towards a unified definition of NICU levels of care. Perinat Sect News.2001;7 :12
23) Chow LC, Wright KW, Sola A. CSMC Oxygen Administration Study Group. Can changes in clinical practice decrease the prevalence of severe retinopathy of prematurity in very low birth weight infants? Paediatrics. 2003;111(2):339-45.