1. Glennie, R.A., Korczak, A., Naudie, D.D., Bryant, D.M. & Howard, J.L. MONOCRYL and DERMABOND vs Staples in Total Hip Arthroplasty Performed Through a Lateral Skin Incision: A Randomized Controlled Trial Using a Patient-Centered Assessment Tool. J Arthroplasty32, 2431-2435 (2017).
2. Delmore, B. et al. Reducing Postsurgical Wound Complications: A Critical Review. Adv Skin Wound Care30, 272-286 (2017).
3. El-Gazzar, Y. et al. The use of dermabond(R) as an adjunct to wound closure after total knee arthroplasty: examining immediate post-operative wound drainage. J Arthroplasty28, 553-556 (2013).
4. Cochetti, G. et al. Surgical wound closure by staples or sutures?: Systematic review. Medicine (Baltimore)99, e20573 (2020).
5. Krishnan, R., MacNeil, S.D. & Malvankar-Mehta, M.S. Comparing sutures versus staples for skin closure after orthopaedic surgery: systematic review and meta-analysis. BMJ Open6, e009257 (2016).
6. Shim, J.S., Lim, T.K., Koh, K.H. & Lee, D.K. Surgical treatment of congenital hallux varus. Clin Orthop Surg6, 216-222 (2014).
7. Park, Y.H., Song, J.H., Choi, G.W. & Kim, H.J. Comparison of 2-Octyl Cyanoacrylate Topical Skin Adhesive and Simple Interrupted Nylon Sutures for Wound Closure in Ankle Fracture Surgery. Foot Ankle Int39, 1283-1289 (2018).
8. Dowson, C.C., Gilliam, A.D., Speake, W.J., Lobo, D.N. & Beckingham, I.J. A prospective, randomized controlled trial comparing n-butyl cyanoacrylate tissue adhesive (LiquiBand) with sutures for skin closure after laparoscopic general surgical procedures. Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech16, 146-150 (2006).
9. Lin, M., Coates, W.C. & Lewis, R.J. Tissue adhesive skills study: the physician learning curve. Pediatr Emerg Care20, 219-223 (2004).
10. Quinn, J. et al. A randomized trial comparing octylcyanoacrylate tissue adhesive and sutures in the management of lacerations. JAMA277, 1527-1530 (1997).
11. Spauwen, P.H., de Laat, W.A. & Hartman, E.H. Octyl-2-cyanoacrylate tissue glue (Dermabond) versus Monocryl 6 x 0 Sutures in lip closure. Cleft Palate Craniofac J43, 625-627 (2006).
12. Scott, G.R., Carson, C.L. & Borah, G.L. Dermabond skin closures for bilateral reduction mammaplasties: a review of 255 consecutive cases. Plast Reconstr Surg120, 1460-1465 (2007).
13. Singer, A.J., Kinariwala, M., Lirov, R. & Thode, H.C., Jr. Patterns of use of topical skin adhesives in the emergency department. Acad Emerg Med17, 670-672 (2010).
14. Bouten, P.J. et al. The chemistry of tissue adhesive materials. Progress in Polymer Science39, 1375-1405 (2014).
15. Leggat, P.A., Smith, D.R. & Kedjarune, U. Surgical applications of cyanoacrylate adhesives: a review of toxicity. ANZ J Surg77, 209-213 (2007).
16. Singer, A.J. & Thode, H.C., Jr. A review of the literature on octylcyanoacrylate tissue adhesive. Am J Surg187, 238-248 (2004).
17. Chalmers, B.P. et al. Characterizing the Diagnosis and Treatment of Allergic Contact Dermatitis to 2-Octyl Cyanoacrylate Used for Skin Closure in Elective Orthopedic Surgery. J Arthroplasty32, 3742-3747 (2017).
18. Ghaferi, A.A., Schwartz, T.A. & Pawlik, T.M. STROBE Reporting Guidelines for Observational Studies. JAMA Surg156, 577-578 (2021).
19. Usatine, R.P. & Riojas, M. Diagnosis and management of contact dermatitis. Am Fam Physician82, 249-255 (2010).
20. Mailhol, C., Lauwers-Cances, V., Rance, F., Paul, C. & Giordano-Labadie, F. Prevalence and risk factors for allergic contact dermatitis to topical treatment in atopic dermatitis: a study in 641 children. Allergy64, 801-806 (2009).
21. Belsito, D.V. The diagnostic evaluation, treatment, and prevention of allergic contact dermatitis in the new millennium. J Allergy Clin Immunol105, 409-420 (2000).
22. Peiser, M. et al. Allergic contact dermatitis: epidemiology, molecular mechanisms, in vitro methods and regulatory aspects. Current knowledge assembled at an international workshop at BfR, Germany. Cell Mol Life Sci69, 763-781 (2012).
23. Michalowitz, A., Comrie, R., Nicholas, C., Wagner, M. & Kehoe, J. Wound Complications after 2-Octyl Skin Closure Systems for Total Joint Arthroplasty. J Bone Jt Infect5, 101-105 (2020).
24. Durando, D. et al. Allergic contact dermatitis to dermabond (2-octyl cyanoacrylate) after total knee arthroplasty. Dermatitis25, 99-100 (2014).
25. Nakagawa, S. et al. Contact Dermatitis Caused by Dermabond Advanced Use. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open6, e1841 (2018).
26. Park, Y.H., Chang, A.S., Choi, G.W. & Kim, H.J. A comparison of three methods of skin closure following repair of Achilles tendon rupture. Injury49, 1942-1946 (2018).
27. Osmond, M.H., Quinn, J.V., Sutcliffe, T., Jarmuske, M. & Klassen, T.P. A randomized, clinical trial comparing butylcyanoacrylate with octylcyanoacrylate in the management of selected pediatric facial lacerations. Acad Emerg Med6, 171-177 (1999).
28. Singer, A.J., Perry, L.C. & Allen, R.L., Jr. In vivo study of wound bursting strength and compliance of topical skin adhesives. Acad Emerg Med15, 1290-1294 (2008).
29. Singer, A.J. et al. Comparison of wound-bursting strengths and surface characteristics of FDA-approved tissue adhesives for skin closure. J Adhes Sci Technol18, 19-27 (2004).
30. Ferguson, J.W., Tripathi, D. & Hayes, P.C. Review article: the management of acute variceal bleeding. Aliment Pharmacol Ther18, 253-262 (2003).
31. Sharma, A. et al. Fibrin glue versus N-butyl-2-cyanoacrylate in corneal perforations. Ophthalmology110, 291-298 (2003).
32. Kish, J.W., Katz, M.D., Marx, M.V., Harrell, D.S. & Hanks, S.E. N-butyl cyanoacrylate embolization for control of acute arterial hemorrhage. J Vasc Interv Radiol15, 689-695 (2004).