1. Collins, S., et al., Management of severe acute malnutrition in children. The lancet. 2006; 368(9551): 1992-2000.
2. Gudu, E., et al., Factors associated with malnutrition in children< 5 years in western Kenya: a hospital-based unmatched case control study. BMC nutrition. 2020; 6(1): 1-7.
3. United Nations Children's Fund, W.H.O., The World Bank, UNICEF-WHO-World Bank joint child malnutrition estimates. 2012; UNICEF New York, NY, USA.
4. Obstetric, E.E. and N. Care, Assessment 2016: Final Report. Ethiopian Public Health Institute, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. 2016.
5. Younis, K., S. Ahmad, and A. Badpa, Malnutrition: causes and strategies. J Food Process Technol. 2015; 6(434): 2.
6. Blossner, M., M. De Onis, and A. Prüss-Üstün, Malnutrition: quantifying the health impact at national and local levels. 2005; World Health Organization.
7. El-Ghannam, A.R., The global problems of child malnutrition and mortality in different world regions. Journal of health & social policy. 2003; 16(4): 1-26.
8. Edris, M., Assessment of nutritional status of preschool children of Gumbrit, North West Ethiopia. Ethiopian Journal of Health Development. 2007; 21(2): 125-129.
9. Muchie, K.F., Quality of antenatal care services and completion of four or more antenatal care visits in Ethiopia: a finding based on a demographic and health survey. BMC pregnancy and childbirth. 2017; 17(1): 1-7.
10. Tarekegn, S.M., L.S. Lieberman, and V. Giedraitis, Determinants of maternal health service utilization in Ethiopia: analysis of the 2011 Ethiopian Demographic and Health Survey. BMC pregnancy and childbirth. 2014; 14(1): 1-13.
11. Wolde, H.F., et al., Factors affecting neonatal mortality in the general population: evidence from the 2016 Ethiopian Demographic and Health Survey (EDHS)—multilevel analysis. BMC research notes. 2019; 12(1): 1-6.
12. Commission, F.D.R.o.E.P.C., Summary and Statistical report of the 2007 population and housing census. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. 2008.
13. Tekile, A.K., A.A. Woya, and G.W. Basha, Prevalence of malnutrition and associated factors among under-five children in Ethiopia: evidence from the 2016 Ethiopia Demographic and Health Survey. BMC research notes. 2019; 12(1): 1-6.
14. Tariq, J., et al., Factors associated with undernutrition in children under the age of two years: secondary data analysis based on the Pakistan demographic and health survey 2012–2013. Nutrients. 2018; 10(6): 676.
15. Talukder, A., Factors associated with malnutrition among under-five children: illustration using Bangladesh demographic and health survey. 2014 data. Children, 2017; 4(10): 88.
16. Woldeamanuel, B.T. and T.T. Tesfaye, Risk factors associated with under-five stunting, wasting, and underweight based on Ethiopian demographic health survey datasets in Tigray region, Ethiopia. Journal of nutrition and metabolism. 2019.
17. Wolde, M., Y. Berhan, and A. Chala, Determinants of underweight, stunting and wasting among schoolchildren. BMC public health. 2015; 15(1): 1-9.
18. Nigatu, G., et al., Prevalence and associated factors of underweight among children 6–59 months of age in Takusa district, Northwest Ethiopia. International journal for equity in health. 2018; 17(1): 1-8.
19. Mulugeta, A., et al., Child malnutrition in Tigray, northern Ethiopia. East African medical journal; 2010; 87(6): 248-254.
20. Kebede, D., et al., Prevalence of undernutrition and potential risk factors among children under 5 years of age in Amhara Region, Ethiopia: evidence from 2016 Ethiopian Demographic and Health Survey. Journal of Nutritional Science. 2021; 10.
21. Mengistu, K., K. Alemu, and B. Destaw, Prevalence of malnutrition and associated factors among children aged 6-59 months at Hidabu Abote District, North Shewa, Oromia Regional State. J nutr disorders ther. 2013; 1: 1-15.
22. Zeray, A., G.D. Kibret, and C.T. Leshargie, Prevalence and associated factors of undernutrition among under-five children from model and non-model households in east Gojjam zone, Northwest Ethiopia: a comparative cross-sectional study. BMC nutrition. 2019; 5(1): 1-10.
23. Chesire, E., et al., Determinants of under nutrition among school age children in a Nairobi peri-urban slum. East African medical journal. 2008; 85(10): 471-479.
24. Emmanuel, A., et al., Malnutrition and associated factors among underfive in a Nigeria local government area. 2016.
25. Khan, S., S. Zaheer, and N.F. Safdar, Determinants of stunting, underweight and wasting among children< 5 years of age: evidence from 2012-2013 Pakistan demographic and health survey. BMC public health. 2019; 19(1): 1-15.
26. Amare, D., et al., Prevalence of undernutrition and its associated factors among children below five years of age in Bure Town, West Gojjam Zone, Amhara National Regional State, Northwest Ethiopia. Advances in Public Health. 2016.
27. Yisak, H., T. Gobena, and F. Mesfin, Prevalence and risk factors for under nutrition among children under five at Haramaya district, Eastern Ethiopia. BMC pediatrics. 2015; 15(1): 1-7.
28. Mgongo, M., et al., Underweight, stunting and wasting among children in Kilimanjaro Region, Tanzania; a population-based cross-sectional study. International journal of environmental research and public health. 2017; 14(5): 509.
29. Dasgupta, A., et al., Assessment of under nutrition with composite index of anthropometric failure (CIAF) among under-five children in a rural area of West Bengal. Indian Journal of Community Health. 2014; 26(2): 132-138.
30. Amare, M., et al., Study of the determinants of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria: quantitative evidence from the Nigeria demographic and health surveys international food policy research institute (IFPRI) working paper 45 (September 2017). Food and nutrition bulletin. 2018; 39(2): 296-314.
31. Awoke, A., M. Ayana, and T. Gualu, Determinants of severe acute malnutrition among under five children in rural Enebsie Sarmidr District, East Gojjam Zone, North West Ethiopia, 2016. BMC nutrition. 2018; 4(1): 1-8.
32. Debeko, D.D. and A.T. Goshu, Nutritional status of under-five children in Hawassa Zuria District, Southern Ethiopia. Am J Health Res. 2015; 3(5): 286-292.
33. Woldeamanuel, B.T. and T.T. Tesfaye, Risk Factors Associated with Under-Five Stunting, Wasting, and Underweight Based on Ethiopian Demographic Health Survey Datasets in Tigray Region, Ethiopia. Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism. 2019; 6967170.
34. Asim, M. and Y. Nawaz, Child malnutrition in Pakistan: evidence from literature. Children. 2018; 5(5): 60.
35. De Benoist, B., et al., Worldwide prevalence of anaemia 1993-2005; WHO global database of anaemia. 2008.
36. Khan, R.E.A. and M.A. Raza, Determinants of malnutrition in Indian children: new evidence from IDHS through CIAF. Quality & Quantity. 2016; 50(1): p. 299-316.
37. Genebo, T., et al., The association of children’s nutritional status to maternal education in Zigbaboto, Guragie Zone. Ethiop J Health Dev. 1999; 13(1): 55-6111.