1. Stapleton F, Alves M, Bunya VY, Jalbert I, Lekhanont K, Malet F, Na KS, Schaumberg D, Uchino M, Vehof J et al: TFOS DEWS II Epidemiology Report. Ocul Surf 2017, 15(3):334-365.
2. Uchino M, Schaumberg DA: Dry Eye Disease: Impact on Quality of Life and Vision. Curr Ophthalmol Rep 2013, 1(2):51-57.
3. Grubbs JR, Jr., Tolleson-Rinehart S, Huynh K, Davis RM: A review of quality of life measures in dry eye questionnaires. Cornea 2014, 33(2):215-218.
4. Barabino S, Labetoulle M, Rolando M, Messmer EM: Understanding Symptoms and Quality of Life in Patients With Dry Eye Syndrome. Ocul Surf 2016, 14(3):365-376.
5. Na KS, Han K, Park YG, Na C, Joo CK: Depression, Stress, Quality of Life, and Dry Eye Disease in Korean Women: A Population-Based Study. Cornea 2015, 34(7):733-738.
6. Li M, Gong L, Chapin WJ, Zhu M: Assessment of vision-related quality of life in dry eye patients. Investigative ophthalmology & visual science 2012, 53(9):5722-5727.
7. Craig JP, Nichols KK, Akpek EK, Caffery B, Dua HS, Joo CK, Liu Z, Nelson JD, Nichols JJ, Tsubota K et al: TFOS DEWS II Definition and Classification Report. Ocul Surf 2017, 15(3):276-283.
8. Nichols KK: Patient-reported symptoms in dry dye disease. Ocul Surf 2006, 4(3):137-145.
9. Sullivan BD, Crews LA, Messmer EM, Foulks GN, Nichols KK, Baenninger P, Geerling G, Figueiredo F, Lemp MA: Correlations between commonly used objective signs and symptoms for the diagnosis of dry eye disease: clinical implications. Acta ophthalmologica 2014, 92(2):161-166.
10. Yu J, Asche CV, Fairchild CJ: The economic burden of dry eye disease in the United States: a decision tree analysis. Cornea 2011, 30(4):379-387.
11. McDonald M, Patel DA, Keith MS, Snedecor SJ: Economic and Humanistic Burden of Dry Eye Disease in Europe, North America, and Asia: A Systematic Literature Review. Ocul Surf 2016, 14(2):144-167.
12. Gomes JAP, Santo RM: The impact of dry eye disease treatment on patient satisfaction and quality of life: A review. Ocul Surf 2019, 17(1):9-19.
13. Um SB, Yeom H, Kim NH, Kim HC, Lee HK, Suh I: Association between dry eye symptoms and suicidal ideation in a Korean adult population. PLoS One 2018, 13(6):e0199131.
14. Al-Dairi W, Al Sowayigh OM, Alkulaib NS, Alsaad A: The Relationship of Dry Eye Disease With Depression in Saudi Arabia: A Cross-Sectional Study. Cureus 2020, 12(12):e12160.
15. Hyon JY, Yang HK, Han SB: Association between Dry Eye Disease and Psychological Stress among Paramedical Workers in Korea. Sci Rep 2019, 9(1):3783.
16. Wang MT, Muntz A, Wolffsohn JS, Craig JP: Association between dry eye disease, self-perceived health status, and self-reported psychological stress burden. Clin Exp Optom 2021:1-6.
17. Reiss S, Peterson RA, Gursky DM, McNally RJ: Anxiety sensitivity, anxiety frequency and the prediction of fearfulness. Behav Res Ther 1986, 24(1):1-8.
18. Toth M, Jokić-Begić N: Psychological contribution to understanding the nature of dry eye disease: a cross-sectional study of anxiety sensitivity and dry eyes. Health Psychol Behav Med 2020, 8(1):202-219.
19. Telch MJ, Shermis MD, Lucas JA: Anxiety sensitivity: Unitary personality trait or domain-specific appraisals? Journal of Anxiety Disorders 1989, 3(1):25-32.
20. McCrae RR, Costa PT: Validation of the five-factor model of personality across instruments and observers. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 1987, 52(1):81-90.
21. Ichinohe S, Igarashi T, Nakajima D, Ono M, Takahashi H: Symptoms of Dry Eye Disease and Personality Traits. PLoS One 2016, 11(11):e0166838.
22. Feroze KB, AlAbdullah ZAM, AlOnayzan AHA, Pattath A: The association between personality traits and dry eye disease: A cross-sectional study. Saudi J Ophthalmol 2020, 34(2):120-123.
23. Milic V, Grujic M, Barisic J, Marinkovic-Eric J, Duisin D, Cirkovic A, Damjanov N: Personality, depression and anxiety in primary Sjogren's syndrome - Association with sociodemographic factors and comorbidity. PLoS One 2019, 14(1):e0210466.
24. Kaiser T, Janssen B, Schrader S, Geerling G: Depressive symptoms, resilience, and personality traits in dry eye disease. Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 2019, 257(3):591-599.
25. Banjongrewadee M, Wongpakaran N, Wongpakaran T, Pipanmekaporn T, Punjasawadwong Y, Mueankwan S: The role of perceived stress and cognitive function on the relationship between neuroticism and depression among the elderly: a structural equation model approach. BMC Psychiatry 2020, 20(1):25.
26. Gramstad TO, Gjestad R, Haver B: Personality traits predict job stress, depression and anxiety among junior physicians. BMC medical education 2013, 13:150-150.
27. Hazlett-Stevens H, Craske MG, Mayer EA, Chang L, Naliboff BD: Prevalence of irritable bowel syndrome among university students: the roles of worry, neuroticism, anxiety sensitivity and visceral anxiety. J Psychosom Res 2003, 55(6):501-505.
28. Karaaslan Ö, Kantekin Y, Hacımusalar Y, Dağıstan H: Anxiety sensitivities, anxiety and depression levels, and personality traits of patients with chronic subjective tinnitus: a case-control study. Int J Psychiatry Clin Pract 2020, 24(3):264-269.
29. Huang IC, Lee JL, Ketheeswaran P, Jones CM, Revicki DA, Wu AW: Does personality affect health-related quality of life? A systematic review. PLoS One 2017, 12(3):e0173806.
30. Bobić J: Subjective estimation of the quality of life in relation to neuroticism. Arh Hig Rada Toksikol 2012, 63 Suppl 1:17-22.
31. Calkins AW, Hearon BA, Capozzoli MC, Otto MW: Psychosocial predictors of sleep dysfunction: the role of anxiety sensitivity, dysfunctional beliefs, and neuroticism. Behav Sleep Med 2013, 11(2):133-143.
32. Wolffsohn JS, Arita R, Chalmers R, Djalilian A, Dogru M, Dumbleton K, Gupta PK, Karpecki P, Lazreg S, Pult H et al: TFOS DEWS II Diagnostic Methodology report. Ocul Surf 2017, 15(3):539-574.
33. van Bijsterveld OP: Diagnostic tests in the Sicca syndrome. Archives of ophthalmology 1969, 82(1):10-14.
34. The EuroQol Group: EuroQol--a new facility for the measurement of health-related quality of life. Health Policy 1990, 16(3):199-208.
35. Tongsiri S, Cairns J: Estimating population-based values for EQ-5D health states in Thailand. Value Health 2011, 14(8):1142-1145.
36. Cohen S, Kamarck T, Mermelstein R: A global measure of perceived stress. Journal of Health and Social Behavior 1983, 24:385-396.
37. Wongpakaran N, Wongpakaran T: The Thai version of the PSS-10: An Investigation of its psychometric properties. BioPsychoSocial medicine 2010, 4:6.
38. Eysenck HJ, Eysenck SBG: Manual of the Eysenck Personality Questionnaire. London: Hodder and Stoughton; 1975.
39. Wongpakaran N, Wongpakaran T, Lerttrakarnnon P, Jiraniramai S, Sirirak T, Assanangkornchai S, Taemeeyapradit U, Tantirangsee N, Lertkachatarn S, Arunpongpaisal S et al: Prevalence, clinical and psychosocial variables of depression, anxiety and suicidality in geriatric tertiary care settings. Asian J Psychiatr 2019, 41:38-44.
40. Dana R, Meunier J, Markowitz JT, Joseph C, Siffel C: Patient-Reported Burden of Dry Eye Disease in the United States: Results of an Online Cross-Sectional Survey. Am J Ophthalmol 2020, 216:7-17.
41. Sutin AR, Zonderman AB, Ferrucci L, Terracciano A: Personality traits and chronic disease: implications for adult personality development. J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 2013, 68(6):912-920.
42. Zijlema WL, Morley DW, Stolk RP, Rosmalen JG: Noise and somatic symptoms: A role for personality traits? Int J Hyg Environ Health 2015, 218(6):543-549.
43. Kim SE, Kim H-N, Cho J, Kwon M-J, Chang Y, Ryu S, Shin H, Kim H-L: Direct and Indirect Effects of Five Factor Personality and Gender on Depressive Symptoms Mediated by Perceived Stress. PLoS ONE 2016, 11(4):e0154140.
44. Pereira-Morales A, Adan A, Forero D: Perceived Stress as a Mediator of the Relationship between Neuroticism and Depression and Anxiety Symptoms; 2017.
45. Suradom C, Wongpakaran N, Wongpakaran T, Lerttrakarnnon P, Jiraniramai S, Taemeeyapradit U, Lertkachatarn S, Arunpongpaisal S: Prevalence and associated factors of comorbid anxiety disorders in late-life depression: findings from geriatric tertiary outpatient settings. Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat 2019, 15:199-204.