1. Younossi Z, Anstee QM, Marietti M, Hardy T, Henry L, Eslam M, George J, Bugianesi E: Global burden of NAFLD and NASH: trends, predictions, risk factors and prevention. Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol2018, 15:11-20.
2. Zhou J, Zhou F, Wang W, Zhang XJ, Ji YX, Zhang P, She ZG, Zhu L, Cai J, Li H: Epidemiological Features of NAFLD From 1999 to 2018 in China. Hepatology2020, 71:1851-1864.
3. Polyzos SA, Kountouras J, Mantzoros CS: Obesity and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: From pathophysiology to therapeutics. Metabolism2019, 92:82-97.
4. Li J, Zou B, Yeo YH, Feng Y, Xie X, Lee DH, Fujii H, Wu Y, Kam LY, Ji F, et al: Prevalence, incidence, and outcome of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in Asia, 1999-2019: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol2019, 4:389-398.
5. Friedman SL, Neuschwander-Tetri BA, Rinella M, Sanyal AJ: Mechanisms of NAFLD development and therapeutic strategies. Nat Med2018, 24:908-922.
6. Tilg H, Moschen AR, Roden M: NAFLD and diabetes mellitus. Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol2017, 14:32-42.
7. Targher G, Byrne CD, Tilg H: NAFLD and increased risk of cardiovascular disease: clinical associations, pathophysiological mechanisms and pharmacological implications. Gut2020, 69:1691-1705.
8. Lee SB, Ahn CW, Lee BK, Kang S, Nam JS, You JH, Kim MJ, Kim MK, Park JS: Association between triglyceride glucose index and arterial stiffness in Korean adults. Cardiovasc Diabetol2018, 17:41.
9. Hong S, Han K, Park CY: The triglyceride glucose index is a simple and low-cost marker associated with atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease: a population-based study. BMC Med2020, 18:361.
10. Brito ADM, Hermsdorff HHM, Filgueiras MS, Suhett LG, Vieira-Ribeiro SA, Franceschini S, Novaes JF: Predictive capacity of triglyceride-glucose (TyG) index for insulin resistance and cardiometabolic risk in children and adolescents: a systematic review. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr2021, 61:2783-2792.
11. Mirr M, Skrypnik D, Bogdanski P, Owecki M: Newly proposed insulin resistance indexes called TyG-NC and TyG-NHtR show efficacy in diagnosing the metabolic syndrome. J Endocrinol Invest2021.
12. Alizargar J, Bai CH, Hsieh NC, Wu SV: Use of the triglyceride-glucose index (TyG) in cardiovascular disease patients. Cardiovasc Diabetol2020, 19:8.
13. Bullon-Vela V, Abete I, Tur JA, Konieczna J, Romaguera D, Pinto X, Corbella E, Martinez-Gonzalez MA, Sayon-Orea C, Toledo E, et al: Relationship of visceral adipose tissue with surrogate insulin resistance and liver markers in individuals with metabolic syndrome chronic complications. Ther Adv Endocrinol Metab2020, 11:2042018820958298.
14. Mota M, Banini BA, Cazanave SC, Sanyal AJ: Molecular mechanisms of lipotoxicity and glucotoxicity in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Metabolism2016, 65:1049-1061.
15. Guo W, Lu J, Qin P, Li X, Zhu W, Wu J, Xu N, Zhang Q: The triglyceride-glucose index is associated with the severity of hepatic steatosis and the presence of liver fibrosis in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: a cross-sectional study in Chinese adults. Lipids Health Dis2020, 19:218.
16. Consultation WHOE: Appropriate body-mass index for Asian populations and its implications for policy and intervention strategies. Lancet2004, 363:157-163.
17. Wong VW, Chan WK, Chitturi S, Chawla Y, Dan YY, Duseja A, Fan J, Goh KL, Hamaguchi M, Hashimoto E, et al: Asia-Pacific Working Party on Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease guidelines 2017-Part 1: Definition, risk factors and assessment. J Gastroenterol Hepatol2018, 33:70-85.
18. Li Y, Zheng R, Li J, Feng S, Wang L, Huang Z: Association between triglyceride glucose-body mass index and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in the non-obese Chinese population with normal blood lipid levels: a secondary analysis based on a prospective cohort study. Lipids Health Dis2020, 19:229.
19. Liu J, Guan L, Zhao M, Li Q, Song A, Gao L, Lin H, Zhao J: Association Between the Triglyceride-Glucose Index and Outcomes of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: A Large-Scale Health Management Cohort Study. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes2021, 14:2829-2839.
20. Yki-Jarvinen H: Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease as a cause and a consequence of metabolic syndrome. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol2014, 2:901-910.
21. Mantovani A, Byrne CD, Bonora E, Targher G: Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease and Risk of Incident Type 2 Diabetes: A Meta-analysis. Diabetes Care2018, 41:372-382.
22. Zhu B, Wang J, Chen K, Yan W, Wang A, Wang W, Gao Z, Tang X, Yan L, Wan Q, et al: A high triglyceride glucose index is more closely associated with hypertension than lipid or glycemic parameters in elderly individuals: a cross-sectional survey from the Reaction Study. Cardiovasc Diabetol2020, 19:112.
23. Yu Y, Xie K, Lou Q, Xia H, Wu D, Dai L, Hu C, Wang K, Shan S, Hu Y, Tang W: The achievement of comprehensive control targets among type 2 diabetes mellitus patients of different ages. Aging (Albany NY)2020, 12:14066-14079.
24. Luo J, Chen Q, Shen T, Wang X, Fang W, Wu X, Yuan Z, Chen G, Ling W, Chen Y: Association of sex hormone-binding globulin with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in Chinese adults. Nutr Metab (Lond)2018, 15:79.
25. Lonardo A, Nascimbeni F, Ballestri S, Fairweather D, Win S, Than TA, Abdelmalek MF, Suzuki A: Sex Differences in Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: State of the Art and Identification of Research Gaps. Hepatology2019, 70:1457-1469.
26. Michos ED, McEvoy JW, Blumenthal RS: Lipid Management for the Prevention of Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease. N Engl J Med2019, 381:1557-1567.
27. Zhang S, Du T, Zhang J, Lu H, Lin X, Xie J, Yang Y, Yu X: The triglyceride and glucose index (TyG) is an effective biomarker to identify nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Lipids Health Dis2017, 16:15.
28. Newton KP, Lavine JE, Wilson L, Behling C, Vos MB, Molleston JP, Rosenthal P, Miloh T, Fishbein MH, Jain AK, et al: Alanine Aminotransferase and Gamma-Glutamyl Transpeptidase Predict Histologic Improvement in Pediatric Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis. Hepatology2021, 73:937-951.
29. Senior JR: Alanine aminotransferase: a clinical and regulatory tool for detecting liver injury-past, present, and future. Clin Pharmacol Ther2012, 92:332-339.
30. Porter SA, Pedley A, Massaro JM, Vasan RS, Hoffmann U, Fox CS: Aminotransferase levels are associated with cardiometabolic risk above and beyond visceral fat and insulin resistance: the Framingham Heart Study. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol2013, 33:139-146.
31. Zhao L, Cheng J, Chen Y, Li Q, Han B, Chen Y, Xia F, Chen C, Lin D, Yu X, et al: Serum alanine aminotransferase/aspartate aminotransferase ratio is one of the best markers of insulin resistance in the Chinese population. Nutr Metab (Lond)2017, 14:64.
32. Zhang Y, He H, Zeng YP, Yang LD, Jia D, An ZM, Jia WG: Lipoprotein A, combined with alanine aminotransferase and aspartate aminotransferase, contributes to predicting the occurrence of NASH: a cross-sectional study. Lipids Health Dis2020, 19:134.
33. Moore KJ, Shah R: Introduction to the Obesity, Metabolic Syndrome, and CVD Compendium. Circ Res2020, 126:1475-1476.
34. Koliaki C, Liatis S, Kokkinos A: Obesity and cardiovascular disease: revisiting an old relationship. Metabolism2019, 92:98-107.
35. Fan J, Luo S, Ye Y, Ju J, Zhang Z, Liu L, Yang J, Xia M: Prevalence and risk factors of metabolic associated fatty liver disease in the contemporary South China population. Nutr Metab (Lond)2021, 18:82.
36. Eguchi Y, Hyogo H, Ono M, Mizuta T, Ono N, Fujimoto K, Chayama K, Saibara T, Jsg N: Prevalence and associated metabolic factors of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in the general population from 2009 to 2010 in Japan: a multicenter large retrospective study. J Gastroenterol2012, 47:586-595.
37. Dai H, Xiang J, Hou Y, Xuan L, Wang T, Li M, Zhao Z, Xu Y, Lu J, Chen Y, et al: Fat mass to fat-free mass ratio and the risk of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and fibrosis in non-obese and obese individuals. Nutr Metab (Lond)2021, 18:21.
38. Zhang B, Ding F, Chen T, Xia LH, Qian J, Lv GY: Ultrasound hepatic/renal ratio and hepatic attenuation rate for quantifying liver fat content. World J Gastroenterol2014, 20:17985-17992.