1. Que SKT, Zwald FO, Schmults CD. Cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma: Incidence, risk factors, diagnosis, and staging. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2018 Feb;78(2):237–47.
2. Karia PS, Han J, Schmults CD. Cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma: Estimated incidence of disease, nodal metastasis, and deaths from disease in the United States, 2012. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2013 Jun 1;68(6):957–66.
3. Rogers HW, Weinstock MA, Feldman SR, Coldiron BM. Incidence Estimate of Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer (Keratinocyte Carcinomas) in the US Population, 2012. JAMA Dermatol. 2015 Oct 1;151(10):1081.
4. Waldman A, Schmults C. Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Hematology/Oncology Clinics of North America. 2019 Feb;33(1):1–12.
5. National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Squamous Cell Skin Cancer, NCCN Guidelines Version 2.2021, in NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. [Internet]. 2021 [cited 2021 Sep 9]. Available from: https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/squamous.pdf
6. Jambusaria-Pahlajani A, Hess SD, Katz KA, Berg D, Schmults CD. Uncertainty in the Perioperative Management of High-Risk Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma Among Mohs Surgeons. Archives of Dermatology. 2010 Nov 1;146(11):1225–31.
7. Ross AS, Schmults CD. Sentinel lymph node biopsy in cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma: a systematic review of the English literature. Dermatol Surg. 2006 Nov;32(11):1309–21.
8. Jambusaria-Pahlajani A, Miller CJ, Quon H, Smith N, Klein RQ, Schmults CD. Surgical Monotherapy Versus Surgery Plus Adjuvant Radiotherapy in High-Risk Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma: A Systematic Review of Outcomes. Dermatologic Surgery. 2009 Apr;35(4):574–84.
9. Wysong A, Newman JG, Covington KR, Kurley SJ, Ibrahim SF, Farberg AS, et al. Validation of a 40-gene expression profile test to predict metastatic risk in localized high-risk cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2021 Feb;84(2):361–9.
10. Litchman GH, Fitzgerald AL, Kurley SJ, Cook RW, Rigel DS. Impact of a prognostic 40-gene expression profiling test on clinical management decisions for high-risk cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma. Curr Med Res Opin. 2020 May 18;1–6.
11. Farberg AS, Hall MA, Douglas L, Covington KR, Kurley SJ, Cook RW, et al. Integrating gene expression profiling into NCCN high-risk cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma management recommendations: impact on patient management. Curr Med Res Opin. 2020 May 18;1–7.
12. Teplitz R, Giselle P, Litchman GH, Rigel DS. Impact of Gene Expression Profile Testing on the Management of Squamous Cell Carcinoma by Dermatologists. J Drugs Dermatol. 2019 Oct 1;18(10):980–4.
13. Arron ST, Blalock TW, Guenther JM, Hyams DM, Ibrahim SF, Koyfman SA, et al. Clinical Considerations for Integrating Gene Expression Profiling into Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma Management. J Drugs Dermatol. 2021 Jun 1;20(6):5s-s11.
14. Sun F, Bruening W, Uhl S, Ballard R, Tipton K, Schoelles K. Quality, Regulation and Clinical Utility of Laboratory-developed Molecular Tests. In: Quality, Regulation and Clinical Utility of Laboratory-developed Molecular Tests. Rockville (MD); 2010. (AHRQ Technology Assessments).
15. Engstrom PF, Bloom MG, Demetri GD, Febbo PG, Goeckeler W, Ladanyi M, et al. NCCN molecular testing white paper: effectiveness, efficiency, and reimbursement. Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network : JNCCN. 2011 Dec;9 Suppl 6:S1-16.
16. Cook RW, Middlebrook B, Wilkinson J, Covington KR, Oelschlager K, Monzon FA, et al. Analytic validity of DecisionDx-Melanoma, a gene expression profile test for determining metastatic risk in melanoma patients. Diagn Pathol. 2018 Feb 13;13(1):13.
17. Teutsch SM, Bradley LA, Palomaki GE, Haddow JE, Piper M, Calonge N, et al. The Evaluation of Genomic Applications in Practice and Prevention (EGAPP) Initiative: methods of the EGAPP Working Group. Genetics in medicine : official journal of the American College of Medical Genetics. 2009 Jan;11(1):3–14.
18. New York State Department of Health. Clinical laboratory standards of practice. Albany, NY. 2021 May 5. Available: https://www.wadsworth.org/sites/default/files/WebDoc/EFFECTIVE_GeneralSystems_May2021_FINAL.pdf