A Collection of Holiday Themed Preprints on Research Square
From astronomy to zoology and hundreds of disciplines in between, researchers from a wide variety of backgrounds post their manuscripts on Research Square. This, coupled with the large volume of 120,000-plus preprints posted on our platform to date, means that users can find some very interesting and novel topics among Research Square’s search results.
With this in mind, we decided to search our own Research Square platform for terms associated with the Holiday season.
What we found were some fascinating research topics from across the world, like a study testing the use of a Mistletoe extract for its potential use in chemotherapy, an investigation on the effects of Boswellic Acid (aka frankincense) and myrrh on ischemic stroke in rats, and various studies on foods associated with the holiday season.
We hope you enjoy our 12 preprint picks for this holiday season, and we encourage you to conduct your own search for new and novel studies in your own area of interest.
- Unwrapping the Surprisingly High Risk of Dying from Cardiovascular Disease at Christmas: The HUNT Prospective Population-based Cohort Study in Norway by Trine Moholdt, et al. Norway.
- Characterization of the Upper Respiratory Tract Microbiome of Turkeys by Olimpia Kursa, et al. Poland.
- The Effect of Mistletoe Extract on Tumor Response in Neoadjuvant Chemoradiotherapy for Rectal Cancer by Jeong-Heum Baek, et al. South Korea.
- Boswellic Acid and Myrrh Sesquiterpene Alleviate Hypoxic-ischemic Brain Injury Via Regulating TLR4/NF-κB and Ang Ⅰ/Ang Ⅱ/Tie Signaling Pathway on MCAO Rats by Xiaodong Miao, et al. China.
- Protein Suppresses Both Bitterness and Oleocanthal-elicited Pungency of Extra Virgin Olive Oil by Catherine Peyrot des Gachons, et al. United States.
- Survival, Growth and Photochemical Efficiency of Silver Fir Seedlings Produced with Different Technologies by Piotr Robakowski, et al. Poland.
- Pathogenicity of Seneca Valley Virus in Pigs and Detection in Culicoides from an Infected Pig Farm by Jinyong Zhang, et al. China.
- Inkoo And Sindbis Viruses In Semi-Domesticated Reindeer And Mosquitoes In Norway by Ruchika Shakya, et. al. Norway.
- Differences in Composition of Interdigital Skin Microbiota Predict Sheep and Feet That Develop Footrot, a Globally Important Cause of Lameness in Sheep by Rachel Clifton, et al. United Kingdom.
- “It’s More Than Milk, It’s Mental Health”: A Case of Online Human Milk Sharing by Amanda J Wagg, et al. United Kingdom.
- A Gluten-free Biscuit Fortified with Lemon IntegroPectin by Domenico Nuzzo, et al. Italy.
- Tribology of The Sock-Skin Interface – The Influence of Different Fabric Parameters On Sock Friction by Ian DeBois, et al. United States.
The Value of Protocols and the Protocol Exchange
Reporting Standards for Animal Studies: Ethical Approval and Animal Welfare
Preprints from a Plant Scientist’s Perspective
2020: A Year of Growth and Industry Firsts for Research Square