At Research Square, we do our best work when we can grow as individuals, enable the success of others, and work collectively toward important goals, while openly acknowledging gaps in knowledge.
This ethic has allowed Research Square to grow rapidly and help thousands of researchers succeed. We believe we can make big improvements to research communication, and we are always looking for new talented, like-minded teammates. We welcome academics, scientists, technophiles, and other purpose-driven professionals to join our dynamic and collegial community.
We care about each other, and we care about helping researchers make an impact. People here work hard, innovate, have fun, and make a difference.
Our culture is summed up by our six core values:
- Exhibit personal humility and professional will
- Enable the success of others
- Own the success of the business
- Embrace and fuel change
- Fight for simplicity
- Show trust and vulnerability
We share a love of knowledge, challenge, discovery, and breakthrough. Our solutions and tools, including AJE and JournalGuide, are vehicles for leveraging our world-class talent and expertise to improve the research communication process.
Our culture, people, and purpose are the most compelling reasons to work here, but we are constantly expanding our wide array of employee benefits.
Not only do we offer one of the most flexible, family-friendly work environments around, we also offer the following perks:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Short-term, long-term disability and life insurance that are 100% paid for by Research Square.
- Flexible Spending Accounts - health care and dependent care.
- 401k plan - RS offers a 100% match up to $3000 annual max.
- Company sponsored Professional Development - $150 stipend to cover annual fees affiliated with approved outside professional development (e.g. professional association membership, course) after onboarding is completed.
- A wealth of internally provided professional and personal development resources and programs through our Research Square Learning Lab.
- An Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Stipend – $50 annual stipend to help improve or supplement your wellness.
- Voluntary benefits – such as identity theft, critical illness, accident and pet insurance.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) for Full-Time and eligible Part-Time employees.
- Open Sick Time – RS covers your salary, with some exceptions, for short and occasional illness related absences. There is no accrued sick time and you do not need to use PTO or unpaid time off.
- Volunteer Time - Every employee receives ½ a day paid time off each quarter for volunteer work or service in the community.
- Four (4) week sabbatical after 10 years of service.
- Eight (8) paid holidays (New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas)
- Six (6) weeks paid parental leave that can be used by mothers, fathers, and domestic partners anytime a child enters the family, either by birth or adoption.
- A really cool and hip downtown Durham office space to work in whenever you like
We have an award-winning, flexible, family-friendly work environment, competitive benefits, and a modern and unique office space in downtown Durham, North Carolina. Employees in most roles can work from home on a schedule that suits their lives. Since we do like to work together in person at times, being in Durham or the Research Triangle area is highly desirable, although not necessarily required.