1. D A Towler. Molecular and Cellular Aspects of Calcific Aortic Valve Disease. Circ. Res. 2013; 113: 198–208. doi:10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.113.300155.
2. A Bader, T Schilling, O E Teebken, G Brandes, T Herden, G Steinhoff, A Haverich. Tissue engineering of heart valves--human endothelial cell seeding of detergent acellularized porcine valves. Eur. J. Cardio-Thorac. Surg. Off. J. Eur. Assoc. Cardio-Thorac. Surg.,1998; 14: 279–284.
3. Almelkar S I, Divate S, Patwardhan A M. Bacopa monniera herb as an antioxidant in reducing lipid peroxidation levels in cultured human endothelial cells. Journal of Cell and Tissue Research.2013; 13(1): 3549-3556.
4. D S Hui, DM Shavelle, M J Cunningham, RV Matthews, V A Starnes. Contemporary use of balloon aortic valvuloplasty in the era of transcatheter aortic valve implantation, Tex. Heart Inst. J. Tex. Heart Inst. St. Lukes Episcop. Hosp. Tex.Child. Hosp., 2014; 41:469–476. doi:10.14503/THIJ-13-3757.
5. T Kaneko, L H. Cohn, and Sary F. Aranki. Tissue Valve Is the Preferred Option for Patients Aged 60 and Older. Circulation. 2013; 128:1365-1371
6. B A Carabello. Introduction to Aortic Stenosis. Circ. Res.,2013; 113: 179–185. doi: 10. 11 61 / C I R CRESAHA .113.300156.
7. H Gulbins, A Pritisanac, K Pieper, A Goldemund, BM Meiser, B Reichart, S Daebritz. Successful endothelialization of porcine glutaraldehyde-fixed aortic valves in a heterotopic sheep model. Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2006; 81: 1472–1479. doi:10.1016/j.athoracsur,2005,11.011.
8. M P Chacko, A Mathan, D Daniel, G Basu, S Varughese. Significance of pre-transplant anti-HLA antibodies detected on an ELISA mixed antigen tray platform. Indian J. Nephrol., 2013; 23, 351–353. doi:10.4103/0971-4065.116303.
9. S K Agarwal, S C Tiwari. Efficacy and tolerability of lamivudine in hepatitis B infected renal transplant recipients: A single-center study, Indian J. Nephrol.,2009;19: 91-95. IP: 220.127.116.11
10. H C Ott, T S Matthiesen, S K Goh, L D Black, S M Kren, T I Netoff, D A Taylor. Perfusion decellularized matrix: using nature’s platform to engineer a bioartificial heart. Nat. Med.,2008; 14: 213–221. doi:10.1038/nm1684.
11. X Ren, H C Ott. On the road to bioartificial organs. Pflüg. Arch. Eur. J. Physiol.,2014; 466: 1847 1857. doi:10.1007/s00424-014-1504-4.
12. DC Sullivan, S H Mirmalek-Sani, D B Deegan, PM Baptista, T Aboushwareb, A Atala, J J Yoo. Decellularization methods of porcine kidneys for whole organ engineering using a high-throughput system, Biomaterials. 2012, 33: 7756–7764.
13. P M Baptista, M M Siddiqui, G Lozier, S R Rodriguez, A Atala, S Soker. The use of whole organ decellularization for the generation of a vascularized liver organoid. Hepatol. Baltim. Md.,2011; 53: 604–617.
14. A Atala. Tissue engineering of the human bladder. Br. Med. Bull.,2011; 97: 81–104.
15. W B Eichinger, I M Hettich, D J Ruzicka, K Holper, C Schricker, S Bleiziffer, R Lange. Twenty-year experience with the St. Jude medical Biocor bioprosthesis in the aortic position, Ann. Thorac. Surg.,2008; 86 1204–1210.
16. P Zilla, D Bezuidenhout, P Human. Carbodiimide treatment dramatically potentiates the anticalcific effect of alpha-amino oleic acid on glutaraldehyde-fixed aortic wall tissue. Ann. Thorac. Surg. 79, 2005; 905–910.
17. A Lerman, A M Zeiher. Endothelial function: cardiac events. Circulation,2005; 111: 363–368.
18. A Ketchedjian, A L Jones, P Krueger, E Robinson, K Crouch, L Wolfinbarger, R Hopkins. Recellularization of decellularized allograft scaffolds in ovine great vessel reconstructions. Ann. Thorac. Surg. 79, 2005; 888–896; discussion 896.
19. S N Rath, L A Strobel, A Arkudas, J P Beier, A K Maier, P Greil, R E Horch, U Kneser. Osteoinduction and survival of osteoblasts and bone marrow stromal cells in 3D biphasic calcium phosphate scaffolds under static and dynamic culture conditions. J. Cell. Mol. Med.,2012; 16: 2350–2361.
20. B Ma, X Wang, C Wu, J Chang. Crosslinking strategies for the preparation of extracellular matrix-derived cardiovascular scaffolds, Regen. Biomater.,2014; 1: 81–89.
21. Francesco Moroni, Teodelinda Mirabella, Decellularized matrices for cardiovascular engineering. Am J Stem Cells.,2014; 3 (1): 1-20
22. PM Crapo, TW Gilbert, S F Badylak. An overview of tissue and whole organ decellularization processes. Biomaterials.2011; 32: 3233–3243.
23. Almelkar SI, Kadam SS, Diwate S, Chaukar A, Bhonde RR, Patwardhan AM. Re-endothelialization of biological tissue-engineered conduits and scaffold for its potential use in bioprosthesis. OA Tissue Engineering 2013 Mar 01; 1(1):1-6.
24. Lynch, Matthew J. Medical Laboratory Technology. Volume 1. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Company, United States. RB37.
25. Patwardhan Anil Madhav, Vaideeswar Pradeep. Stress-strain characteristics of glutaraldehyde treated porcine aortic valve tissue following ethanol treatment. IJTCVS., 2004; 20: 67-71.
26. B Baudin, A Bruneel, N Bosselut, M Vaubourdolle. A protocol for isolation and culture of human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Nat. Protoc.,2007; 2: 481–485.
27. G Taraboletti, R Giavazzi. Modelling approaches for angiogenesis, Eur. J. Cancer Oxf. Engl., 1990, 40 (2004); 881–889.
28. J A Cardella, S Keshavjee, E Mourgeon, S D Cassivi, S Fischer, N Isowa, A Slutsky, M Liu. A novel cell culture model for studying ischemia-reperfusion injury in lung transplantation, J. Appl. Physiol. Bethesda Md, 1985; 89 (2000); 1553–1560.
29. Shetty S S, Kaushik S S, Mojamdar M M, Gogate A A, Chaukar A P. Viability testing of homograft valves using methyl thiazol tetrazolium assay. J Postgrad Med., 1996; 42: 72-5.
30. Xu H, Xu B, Yang Q, Li X, Ma X, et al. Comparison of Decellularization Protocols for Preparing a Decellularized Porcine Annulus Fibrosus Scaffold. PLoS ONE, 2014; 9(1): e86723.
31. Badylak S F. The extracellular matrix as a biologic scaffold material. Biomaterials, 2007; 28: 3587–93.
32. Uriel S, Labay E, Francis-Sedlak M, Moya ML, Weichselbaum RR, et al. Extraction and assembly of tissue-derived gels for cell culture and tissue engineering. Tissue Eng Part C Methods. 2009; 15: 309–21.
33. Cecile J Favre, Michael Mancuso, Kevin Maas, John W McLean, Peter Baluk, and Donald M. McDonald. Expression of a gene involved in vascular development and angiogenesis in endothelial cells of adult lung. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol., 2003; 285: H1917–H1938
34. Walawalkar S, Almelkar S. Fabrication of aortic bioprosthesis by decellularization, fibrin glue coating, and re-endothelization: a cell scaffold approach. Prog Biomater, 2019; 8: 197–210
35. Walawalkar S, Verma M K, Almelkar S. Re-endothelization of human saphenous vein scaffold surfaces for bioprosthesis fabrication. Journal Biomaterials Applications. 2020; 34(8): 1081–1091.
36. Walawalkar S, Almelkar S. Fabricating a pre-vascularized large-sized metabolically supportive scaffold using Brassica oleracea leaf. Journal of Biomaterials Applications. 2021; 36(1), 165-178.