1. Pal M, Zenebe N, Rahman, MT. The Growing significance of Mycobacterium bovis in human health. Microbes and Health. 2014; 3: 21-34.
National comprehensive tuberculosis, leprosy and TB/HIV training manual for health care worker in Ethiopia. Addis Ababa, 2016.
3. WHO. World tuberculosis Report: World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland, 2013.
4. WHO. World tuberculosis Report: World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland, 2014.
5. Admasu K, Kebede A. Tuberculosis prevalence survey in Addis Ababa.American Journal of Epidemiology and Infectious Disease, 2011;13-15.
6. Randal R, Sahil A. A Report of the CSIS global health policy center. Washington, DC 20036, 2016.
7. WHO. TB detection and diagnosis https://www.who.int/tb/areas-of-work/laboratory/en/,2018.
8. Getahun H, Gunneberg C, Granich R, Nunn P. HIV infection associated tuberculosis: The epidemiology and the response .Clin infect Dis. 2010; 50(3): 201-207.
9. Global TB report. Tuberculosis epidemiology, prevention and control, economics, MDR and Annual report, 2014.
10. FMOH . 1st Ethiopian national population based TB prevalence Survey. Ethiopian health nutritional research institute, Addis Ababa, 2011.
11. FMOH. Guideline for program and clinical management of drug resistant tuberculosis, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 5th edition. Incidence and their determinants in 134 countries. Bulletin of World Health Organization, 2009.
12. WHO Global Tuberculosis Report, 2017. http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/259366/1/9789241565516-eng.pdf?ua=1.
13. Hamusse SO, Demissie M, Teshome D, Hassen MS, Lindtjørn B. Prevalence and incidence of Smear-Positive Pulmonary tuberculosis in the Hetosa District of Arsi Zone, Oromia Regional State of Central Ethiopia. BMC Infectious Diseases,2017;17: 214.
14. Tulu B, Dida N, Kassa Y, Taye B. Smear positive pulmonary tuberculosis and its risk factors among tuberculosis suspect in South East Ethiopia: A hospital based cross-sectional study. BMC Research Notes, 2014; 7.
15. Zerdo Z, Medhin G, Worku A, Ameni G. Prevalence of Pulmonary tuberculosis and associated risk factors in Prisons of Gamo Goffa Zone, south Ethiopia: A cross-sectional study. American Journal of Health Research, 2014; 2: 291-297.
16. Yohans A, Abera S, Ali S. Smear positive pulmonary tuberculosis among suspected patients attending Metehara sugar factory hospital; eastern Ethiopia. African Health Sciences, 2012; 12: 325-330.
17. Legesse M, Mamo G, Ameni G, Medhin G, Bjune G, Abebe F. Community-based prevalence of undiagnosed mycobacterial diseases in the Afar Region, north-east Ethiopia. International journal of Mycobacteriology, 2013; 2: 94-102.
18. Mekonnen A. Smear-positive pulmonary tuberculosis and AFB examination practices according to the standard checklist of WHO tuberculosis laboratory assessment tool in three governmental hospitals, Eastern Ethiopia. BMC Research Notes, 2014; 7.
19. Gebreegziabher S, Yimer SA, Bjune GA. Tuberculosis case notification and treatment outcomes in West Gojjam Zone, Northwest Ethiopia: A five-year retrospective study, Journal of Tuberculosis Research, 2016; 4: 23-33.
20. Semunigus T, Tessema B, Eshetie S, Moges F. Smear positive pulmonary, 2016.
21. Tadesse T, Demissie M, Berhane Y, Kebede Y, Abebe M. Two-thirds of smear-positive tuberculosis cases in the community were undiagnosed in Northwest Ethiopia: Population based cross-sectional study. PLoS ONE, 2011; 6.
22. Amare H, Gelaw A, Anagaw B, Gelaw B. Smear positive pulmonary tuberculosis among diabetic patients at the Dessie referral hospital, Northeast Ethiopia. Infectious Diseases of poverty, 2013; 2(6).
23. Firdie T, Tariku D, Tsegaye T. Treatment out comes of tuberculosis patients at Debre Berhan hosipital. Ethiopian Journal health sci, 2016; 26(1): DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.4314/ejhs.
24. Jemberu A, Gezahegne M, Venkataramana K, Mahendra P. Prevalence of tuberculosis in Gambella Regional Hospital, Southwest Ethiopia: A retrospective study to assess the progress towards Millennium Development Goals for tuberculosis(2006-2015). American Journal of Public Health Research, 2017; 5(1): 6-11. doi: 10.12691/ajphr-5-1-2.
25. Demeke D, Legesse M, Jango B. Trends of tuberculosis and treatment outcome in Gambella Region with special emphasis on Gambella regional Hospital, West Ethiopia (2006-2010). Journal Mycobac Dis, 2013; 3(130): doi: 10.4172/2161-1068.1000103.
26. Dangisso M, Datico D, Linditjurn B. Trends of tuberculosis notification and treatment out come in the Sidama Zone, Southern Ethiopia (2003-2012). PLoS ONE, 2014; 10(4):e0125135. Doi:10.1371/journal.
27. Kassu A, Mengistu G, Ayele B, Diro E, Mekonnen F, Ketema D, Moges F, Mesfine T, Getachew A, Ergicho B, Elis D, Aseffa A, Wondmikun Y, Ota F. Co-infection and clinical manifestation of tuberculosis in human immunodeficiency virus. infected and uninfected adults at s teaching hospital, North West Ethiopia. Journal Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2007; 40: 116-122.
28. Neyrolles O, Quintana-Murci L. Sexual Inequality in Tuberculosis. PLoS Med, 2009; 6(12): e1000199. doi:10.1371/journal.pmed.
29. Solomon H, Osman Y, Abdurahman M. Retrospective assessment of the status and determinants of tuberculosis treatment outcome among patients treated in government hospitals. Dovepress, Journal Research and Report inTropical medicine, 2017.
30. Ajema L. Evaluation of millennium development goals for control of tuberculosis in Nekemte town. Addis Ababa University, 2015; 1-37.
31. Biadglegne F, Anagaw B, Debebe T, Anagaw B, Tesfaye W, Tessema B, Rodloff AC, Sack U.. A retrospective study on the outcomes of tuberculosis treatment in Felege Hiwot Referral Hospital, Northwest Ethiopia. International Jurnal Medicine and Med Sci. 2013; 5: 85-91.
32. Johnson JL, Ellner JJ. Adult tuberculosis overview: African versus Western perspectives. Curr Opin Pulm Medmay, 2000; 6(3): 180-6.
33. Eyasu E, Mengistu L, Gobena A. Preliminary study on the epidemiology of tuberculosis in Nekemte and its surroundings -Western Ethiopia. STAR: Science, Technology and Arts Research Journal, 2012; 1(1): 18-25.
34. Muvunyi C, Masaisa F, Bayingana C, Musemakweri A, Mutesa L, Hernade Z. Prevalence and diagnostic aspects of sputum smear positive tuberculosis cases at a tertiary care institution in Ruwanda. Afr Jurnal Microbiol Res. 2010;4: 088-091.
35. Cole E, Cook C. Characterization of infectious aerosols in health care facilities an aid to effective engineering controls and preventive strategies. Int Journal Tuberc lung Dis, 1998; 8(3): 323-332.
36. Hamid J. Current and past 10-year trend of pulmonary tuberculosis and intervention practices in Amba-Giorgis health center, 2016.
37. Cambanis A, Yassin MA, Ramsay A, Bertel S, quire S, Arbide I, Cuevas LE. Rural poverty and delayed presentation to tuberculosis services in Ethiopia. TropMed Int health, 2005; 10(4): 330-5.
38. CDC. Guidelines for preventing the transmission of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in health-care settings. MMWR weekly, 2005; 54: 1-141.
39. Fekadu A. Assessment of the prevalence of pulmonary tuberculosis patients at Yirga Cheffe Health Center from 2008-2013, Ethiopia. Clinical Medicine Research, 2015; l4(2):38-42.
40. Deribew A, Robert C. Tuberculosis and HIV co-infection: its impaction quality of life. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes. 2009; 7(105): doi:10.1186/1477-7525-7-105.
41. FMOH. Tuberculosis, leprosy and TB/HIV prevention and control programme manual. fourth edition, Addis Ababa, 2008.
42. Mengiste M., Tesfaye W T, Madeley J, Richard J. The quality of tuberculosis diagnosis in district of Tigray Region North Ethiopia. University of Nottingham, Division of Epidemiology and Public Health, United kingdom, 2005.
43. Hawken MP, Muhindi DW, Chakaya JM, Bhatt SM, Ng'ang'a LW, Porter JD. Under diagnosis of smear positive pulmonary tuberculosis in Nairobi, Kenya. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis, 2001; 5(4): 360-3.
44. FMOH. Evaluating the national tuberculosis control program: Challenges and ways forward, 2014.
45. Belay T, Abebe M., Assegedech B, Dieter R, Frank E, Ulrich S. Treatment outcome of tuberculosis patients at Gondar University Teaching Hospital, Northwest Ethiopia: A five-year retrospective study. BMC Public Health, 2009; 371(9): 1471-2458.
46. Belete G, Gobena A, Girmay M, Sibhatu B. Treatment outcome of tuberculosis patients under directly observed treatment in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Braz Journal Infect Dis. 2013; 17(5): 521-528.
47. Seyoum T S. Study on tuberculosis in North Western Shewa, Central Ethiopia, M.Sc thesis, Aklilue Lemma Institute of Path biology, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia, 2007.