1. WHO. Diarrhoeal disease. Home/ Newsroom/ Fact sheets/ Detail/ Diarrhoeal disease. 2021. https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/diarrhoeal-disease. Accessed 15 Sep 2021.
2. GAPPD. Ending Preventable Child Deaths from Pneumonia and Diarrhoea by 2025: the Integrated Global Action Plan for Pneumonia and Diarrhoea. Geneva, Switzerland; 2013. https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/79200/9789241505239_eng.pdf;jsessionid=E94AB6D8D7E0DA1D4D35DFA83FA48BF2?sequence=1.
3. 7PointPlan. Diarrhoea: Why children are still dying and what can be done. The global burden of childhood diarrhoea. 2021. https://7pointplan.org/index.html. Accessed 15 Sep 2021.
4. Reiner RC, Graetz N, Casey DC, Troeger C, Garcia GM, Mosser JF, et al. Variation in Childhood Diarrheal Morbidity and Mortality in Africa, 2000–2015. N Engl J Med. 2018;379:1128–38.
5. Debancho WW, Gizaw AT, Ababulgu FA. Lactating mothers’ perception toward diarrheal disease in Bench-Maji zone, Southwest Ethiopia: Mixed study design. Pan Afr Med J. 2018;31:1–10.
6. Robert E, Grippa M, Nikiema DE, Kergoat L, Koudougou H, Auda Y, et al. Environmental determinants of e. Coli, link with the diarrheal diseases, and indication of vulnerability criteria in tropical west africa (kapore, burkina faso). PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2021;15:e0009634.
7. Edwin P, Azage M. Geographical Variations and Factors Associated with Childhood Diarrhea in Tanzania: A National Population Based Survey 2015-16. Ethiop J Health Sci. 2019;29:513–24.
8. MoH-Zanzibar. Zanzibar Comprehensive Cholera Elimination Plan (ZACCEP), 2017-2027. 2016. https://www.gtfcc.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/national-cholera-plan-zanzibar.pdf.
9. Gera T, Shah D, Sachdev HS. Impact of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Interventions on Growth, Non-diarrheal Morbidity and Mortality in Children Residing in Low- and Middle-income Countries: A Systematic Review. Indian Pediatr. 2018;55:381–93.
10. Seidu AA, Ahinkorah BO, Kissah-Korsah K, Agbaglo E, Dadzie LK, Ameyaw EK, et al. A multilevel analysis of individual and contextual factors associated with the practice of safe disposal of children’s faeces in sub-Saharan Africa. PLoS One. 2021;16:e0254774. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0254774.
11. Thiam S, Sy I, Schindler C, Niang-Diène A, Faye O, Utzinger J, et al. Knowledge and practices of mothers and caregivers on diarrhoeal management among under 5-year-old children in a medium-size town of Senegal. Acta Trop. 2019;194 August 2018:155–64. doi:10.1016/j.actatropica.2019.03.013.
12. Rukambile E, Muscatello G, Sintchenko V, Thomson PC, Maulaga W, Mmassy R, et al. Determinants of diarrhoeal diseases and height-for-age Z-scores in children under five years of age in rural central Tanzania. J Prev Med Hyg. 2020;61:E409–23.
13. Mekonnen GK, Mengistie B, Sahilu G, Mulat W, Kloos H. Caregivers’ knowledge and attitudes about childhood diarrhea among refugee and host communities in Gambella Region, Ethiopia. J Heal Popul Nutr. 2018;37:1–11.
14. Thiam S, Diène AN, Fuhrimann S, Winkler MS, Sy I, Ndione JA, et al. Prevalence of diarrhoea and risk factors among children under five years old in Mbour, Senegal: A cross-sectional study. Infect Dis Poverty. 2017;6:109.
15. Bennion N, Mulokozi G, Allen E, Fullmer M, Kleinhenz G, Dearden K, et al. Association between wash-related behaviors and knowledge with childhood diarrhea in Tanzania. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2021;18:4681.
16. Kabhele S, New-Aaron M, Kibusi SM, Gesase AP. Prevalence and Factors Associated with Diarrhoea among Children between 6 and 59 Months of Age in Mwanza City Tanzania. J Trop Pediatr. 2018;64:523–30.
17. Abbas HA. Investigation on the potential risk factors for persistence of diarrhoeal diseases in Zanzibar: the case study of Mjini Magharibi region in Zanzibar. University of Dar es Salaam -College of Natuaral and Applied Sciences (UDSM-CONAS); 2018. http://localhost:8080/xmlui/handle/123456789/2671.
18. Mshida HA, Kassim N, Mpolya E, Kimanya M. Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Practices Associated with Nutritional Status of Under-Five Children in Semi-Pastoral Communities Tanzania. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2018;98:1242–9.
19. Mwambete K, Joseph R. Knowledge and perception of mothers and caregivers on childhood diarrhoea and its management in Temeke municipality, Tanzania. Tanzan J Heal Res. 2010;12:47-54.
20. UNICEF, UNFPA. Afya Bora ya Mama na Mtoto Project (2015-2019). Zanzibar; 2020. https://www.unicef.org/tanzania/media/2416/file/Final Evaluation Afya Bora project in Zanzibar.pdf.
21. Singh AS, Masuku M. Sampling Techniques and Determination of Sample Size in Applied Statistics: An Overview. Int J Econ Commer Manag. 2014;2.
22. Workie HM, Sharifabdilahi AS, Addis EM. Mothers’ knowledge, attitude and practice towards the prevention and home-based management of diarrheal disease among under-five children in Diredawa, Eastern Ethiopia, 2016: A cross-sectional study. BMC Pediatr. 2018;18:1–9.
23. Merali HS, Morgan MS, Boonshuyar C. Diarrheal knowledge and preventative behaviors among the caregivers of children under 5 years of age on the Tonle Sap Lake, Cambodia. Res Rep Trop Med. 2018;Volume 9:35–42.
24. Agegnehu MD, Zeleke LB, Goshu YA, Ortibo YL, Mehretie Adinew Y. Diarrhea Prevention Practice and Associated Factors among Caregivers of Under-Five Children in Enemay District, Northwest Ethiopia. J Environ Public Health. 2019;2019:5490716.
25. Merga N, Alemayehu T. Knowledge, perception, and management skills of mothers with under-five children about diarrhoeal disease in indigenous and resettlement communities in Assosa district, western Ethiopia. J Heal Popul Nutr. 2015;33:20–30.
26. Darvesh N, Das JK, Vaivada T, Gaffey MF, Rasanathan K, Bhutta ZA. Water, sanitation and hygiene interventions for acute childhood diarrhea: A systematic review to provide estimates for the Lives Saved Tool. BMC Public Health. 2017;17 Suppl 4:776.
27. Graham ID, Kothari A, McCutcheon C. Moving nowledge into action for more effective practice, programmes and policy: protocol for a research programme on integrated knowledge translation. Implement Sci. 2018;13:22.
28. Gagliardi AR, Berta W, Kothari A, Boyko J, Urquhart R. Integrated knowledge translation ( IKT ) in health care : a scoping review. Implement Sci. 2016;:1–12.
29. Morse T, Tilley E, Chidziwisano K, Malolo R, Musaya J. Health Outcomes of an Integrated Behaviour-Centred Water, Sanitation, Hygiene and Food Safety Intervention–A Randomised before and after Trial. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2020;17:2648.