1. Hartvigsen J, Hancock MJ, Kongsted A, Louw Q, Ferreira ML, Genevay S, et al. What low back pain is and why we need to pay attention. The Lancet. 2018;391:2356–67.
2. Wu A, March L, Zheng X, Huang J, Wang X, Zhao J, et al. Global low back pain prevalence and years lived with disability from 1990 to 2017: estimates from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017. Annals of Translational Medicine. 2020;8:299–299.
3. Islam N, Sharp SJ, Chowell G, Shabnam S, Kawachi I, Lacey B, et al. Physical distancing interventions and incidence of coronavirus disease 2019: natural experiment in 149 countries. BMJ (Clinical research ed). 2020;370:m2743.
4. Caputo EL, Reichert FF. Studies of Physical Activity and COVID-19 during the Pandemic: A Scoping Review. Journal of Physical Activity and Health. 2020;17.
5. Xiong J, Lipsitz O, Nasri F, Lui LMW, Gill H, Phan L, et al. Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on mental health in the general population: A systematic review. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2020;277:55–64.
6. Kontoangelos K, Economou M, Papageorgiou C. Mental health effects of COVID-19 pandemia: A review of clinical and psychological traits. Psychiatry Investigation. 2020;17:491–505.
7. Amorim AB, Levy GM, Pérez-Riquelme F, Simic M, Pappas E, Dario AB, et al. Does sedentary behavior increase the risk of low back pain? A population-based co-twin study of Spanish twins. Spine Journal. 2017;17:933–42.
8. Hussain SM, Urquhart DM, Wang Y, Dunstan D, Shaw JE, Magliano DJ, et al. Associations between television viewing and physical activity and low back pain in community-based adults. Medicine (United States). 2016;95.
9. Carregaro RL, Tottoli CR, da Silva Rodrigues D, Bosmans JE, da Silva EN, van Tulder M. Low back pain should be considered a health and research priority in Brazil: Lost productivity and healthcare costs between 2012 to 2016. PLoS ONE. 2020;15.
10. Borsa S, Pluderi M, Carrabba G, Ampollini A, Pirovano M, Lombardi F, et al. Letter to the Editor: Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak on Acute Low Back Pain. World Neurosurgery. 2020;139:749.
11. Feter N, Caputo EL, Doring IR, Leite JS, Cassuriaga J, Felipe ;, et al. Longitudinal study about low back pain, mental health, and access to healthcare system during COVID-19 pandemic: protocol of an ambispective cohort Short title: PAMPA cohort: study protocol. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press; 2020.
12. Stopa SR, Malta DC, de Oliveira MM, de Souza Lopes C, Menezes PR, Kinoshita RT. Prevalência do autorrelato de depressão no Brasil: Resultados da pesquisa nacional de saúde, 2013. Revista Brasileira de Epidemiologia. 2015;18:170–80.
13. Kahl C, Cleland JA. Visual analogue scale, numeric pain rating scale and the McGill pain Questionnaire: an overview of psychometric properties. Physical Therapy Reviews. 2005;10:123–8.
14. Enes CC, Nucci LB. A Telephone Surveillance System for Noncommunicable Diseases in Brazil. Public Health Reports. 2019;134:324–7.
15. Djukanovic I, Carlsson J, Årestedt K. Is the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale (HADS) a valid measure in a general population 65-80 years old? A psychometric evaluation study. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes. 2017;15.
16. Snaith RP. The hospital anxiety and depression scale. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes. 2003;1:29.
17. Bjelland I, Dahl AA, Haug TT, Neckelmann D. The validity of the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale: An updated literature review. Journal of Psychosomatic Research. 2002;52:69–77.
18. Zigmond AS, Snaith RP. The Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica. 1983;67:361–70.
19. Jiménez-Trujillo I, López-de-Andrés A, Del Barrio JL, Hernández-Barrera V, Valero-de-Bernabé M, Jiménez-García R. Gender Differences in the Prevalence and Characteristics of Pain in Spain: Report from a Population-Based Study. Pain medicine (Malden, Mass). 2019;20:2349–59.
20. Gouveia N, Rodrigues A, Eusébio M, Ramiro S, Machado P, Canhão H, et al. Prevalence and social burden of active chronic low back pain in the adult Portuguese population: results from a national survey. Rheumatology International. 2016;36:183–97.
21. Hoy D, Bain C, Williams G, March L, Brooks P, Blyth F, et al. A systematic review of the global prevalence of low back pain. Arthritis and Rheumatism. 2012;64:2028–37.
22. Meucci RD, Fassa AG, Faria NMX. Prevalence of chronic low back pain: systematic review. Revista de Saúde Pública. 2015;49:73.
23. Kuisma M, Karppinen J, Niinimäki J, Ojala R, Haapea M, Heliövaara M, et al. Modic changes in endplates of lumbar vertebral bodies: Prevalence and association with low back and sciatic pain among middle-aged male workers. Spine. 2007;32:1116–22.
24. Meucci RD, Fassa AG, Paniz VMV, Silva MC, Wegman DH. Increase of chronic low back pain prevalence in a medium-sized city of southern Brazil. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. 2013;14:1–11.
25. Barbosa MH, Bolina AF, Tavares JL, De Carvalho Cordeiro ALP, Luiz RB, De Oliveira KF. Sociodemographic and Health factors associated with chronic pain in institutionalized elderly. Revista Latino-Americana de Enfermagem. 2014;22:1009–16.
26. Mörl F, Bradl I. Lumbar posture and muscular activity while sitting during office work. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology. 2013;23:362–8.
27. Meyer J, Herring M, McDowell C, Lansing J, Brower C, Schuch F, et al. Joint Prevalence of Physical Activity and Sitting Time during COVID-19 Among US Adults in April 2020. Preventive Medicine Reports. 2020;20:101256.
28. Ritzwoller DP, Crounse L, Shetterly S, Rublee D. The association of comorbidities, utilization and costs for patients identified with low back pain. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. 2006;7:1–10.
29. Strine TW, Hootman JM. US national prevalence and correlates of low back and neck pain among adults. Arthritis & Rheumatism. 2007;57:656–65.
30. Nordin M, Hiebert R, Pietrek M, Alexander M, Crane M, Lewis S. Association of comorbidity and outcome in episodes of nonspecific low back pain in occupational populations. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 2002;44:677–84.
31. Leite JS, Feter N, Caputo EL, Doring IR, Cassurriaga J, Reichert FF, et al. Managing noncommunicable diseases during the COVID-19 pandemic in Brazil: findingsthe PAMPA cohort. Ciência & Saúde Coletiva. In Press.
32. Oliveira DS, Mendonça LVF, Sampaio RSM, Dias De Castro-Lopes JMP, De Azevedo LFR. The impact of anxiety and depression on the outcomes of chronic low back pain multidisciplinary pain management-a multicenter prospective cohort study in pain clinics with one-year follow-up. Pain Medicine (United States). 2019;20:736–46.
33. Bair MJ, Wu J, Damush TM, Sutherland JM, Kroenke K. Association of Depression and Anxiety Alone and in Combination With Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain in Primary Care Patients. Psychosomatic Medicine. 2008;70:890–7.
34. Ornell F, Schuch JB, Sordi AO, Kessler FHP. ‘“Pandemic fear”’ and COVID-19: Mental health burden and strategies. Brazilian Journal of Psychiatry. 2020;42:232–5.
35. Feter N, Caputo EL, Doring IR, Leite JS, Cassuriaga J, Reichert FF, et al. Sharp increase in depression and anxiety among Brazilian adults during the COVID-19 pandemic: findings from the PAMPA cohort. Public Health. 2021;190:101–7.
36. Pinheiro MB, Ferreira ML, Refshauge K, Ordoñana JR, MacHado GC, Prado LR, et al. Symptoms of depression and risk of new episodes of low back pain: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Arthritis Care and Research. 2015;67:1591–603.
37. B. Amorim A, Simic M, Pappas E, Zadro JR, Carrillo E, Ordoñana JR, et al. Is occupational or leisure physical activity associated with low back pain? Insights from a cross-sectional study of 1059 participants. Brazilian Journal of Physical Therapy. 2019;23:257–65.
38. Lesser IA, Nienhuis CP. The impact of COVID-19 on physical activity behavior and well-being of canadians. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2020;17.
39. He M, Xian Y, Lv X, He J, Ren Y. Changes in body weight, physical activity and lifestyle during the semi-lockdown period after the outbreak of COVID-19 in China: An online survey. Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness. 2020;:1.
40. Smith L, Jacob L, Butler L, Schuch F, Barnett Y, Grabovac I, et al. Prevalence and correlates of physical activity in a sample of UK adults observing social distancing during the COVID-19 pandemic. BMJ Open Sport and Exercise Medicine. 2020;6.
41. Lin CWC, McAuley JH, MacEdo L, Barnett DC, Smeets RJ, Verbunt JA. Relationship between physical activity and disability in low back pain: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Pain. 2011;152:607–13.
42. Hendrick P, Milosavljevic S, Hale L, Hurley DA, McDonough S, Ryan B, et al. The relationship between physical activity and low back pain outcomes: A systematic review of observational studies. European Spine Journal. 2011;20:464–74.
43. IBGE. Pesquisa Nacional por Amostras de Domícilios Contínua (PNAD Contínua. Rio de Janeiro; 2019.