1. Liu X, Xu Y, An M, Zeng Q. The risk factors for diabetic peripheral neuropathy: A meta-analysis. PLOS ONE. 2019;14:e0212574.
2. Tesfaye S, Boulton AJM, Dyck PJ, Freeman R, Horowitz M, Kempler P, et al. Diabetic neuropathies: update on definitions, diagnostic criteria, estimation of severity, and treatments. Diabetes Care. 2010;33:2285–93.
3. Argoff CE, Cole BE, Fishbain DA, Irving GA. Diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain: clinical and quality-of-life issues. Mayo Clin Proc. 2006;81:S3-11.
4. Iqbal Z, Azmi S, Yadav R, Ferdousi M, Kumar M, Cuthbertson DJ, et al. Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: Epidemiology, Diagnosis, and Pharmacotherapy. Clin Ther. 2018;40:828–49.
5. Shiferaw WS, Akalu TY, Work Y, Aynalem YA. Prevalence of diabetic peripheral neuropathy in Africa: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC Endocr Disord. 2020;20:49.
6. Statistical Yearbook - Statistical Yearbook [Internet]. [cited 2021 Jan 13]. Available from: https://www.moh.gov.sa/en/Ministry/Statistics/book/Pages/default.aspx
7. Owolabi LF, Adamu B, Imam AI, Owolabi SD, Alhaji ID, Al-Ghamdi MA, et al. Systematic review and meta-analysis estimating the prevalence, burden, and trend of diabetes mellitus in Saudi Arabia. J Diabetes Endocr Pract. 2020;3:1.
8. Halawa MR, Karawagh A, Zeidan A, Mahmoud A-E-DH, Sakr M, Hegazy A. Prevalence of painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy among patients suffering from diabetes mellitus in Saudi Arabia. Curr Med Res Opin. 2010;26:337–43.
9. Genuth S, Eastman R, Kahn R, Klein R, Lachin J, Lebovitz H, et al. Implications of the United kingdom prospective diabetes study. Diabetes Care. 2003;26 Suppl 1:S28-32.
10. Gordois A, Scuffham P, Shearer A, Oglesby A, Tobian JA. The health care costs of diabetic peripheral neuropathy in the US. Diabetes Care. 2003;26:1790–5.
11. Barbosa AP, Medina JL, Ramos EP, Barros HP. Prevalence and risk factors of clinical diabetic polyneuropathy in a Portuguese primary health care population. Diabetes Metab. 2001;27:496–502.
12. Naeem Z. Burden of Diabetes Mellitus in Saudi Arabia. Int J Health Sci. 2015;9:5–6.
13. Amani Y. Prevalence and associated risk factors of diabetic peripheral neuropathy among diabetic patients in National Center of Diabetes in Yemen [Internet]. undefined. 2014 [cited 2021 Mar 2]. Available from: /paper/Prevalence-and-associated-risk-factors-of-diabetic-Amani/dea2c465179888e54c4f406c1ebc395a5d6509aa
14. Katulanda P, Ranasinghe P, Jayawardena R, Constantine GR, Sheriff MHR, Matthews DR. The prevalence, patterns and predictors of diabetic peripheral neuropathy in a developing country. Diabetol Metab Syndr. 2012;4:21.
15. Shiferaw WS, Akalu TY, Work Y, Aynalem YA. Prevalence of diabetic peripheral neuropathy in Africa: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC Endocr Disord. 2020;20:49.
16. Khawaja N, Abu-Shennar J, Saleh M, Dahbour SS, Khader YS, Ajlouni KM. The prevalence and risk factors of peripheral neuropathy among patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus; the case of Jordan. Diabetol Metab Syndr. 2018;10:8.
17. Bansal D, Gudala K, Muthyala H, Esam HP, Nayakallu R, Bhansali A. Prevalence and risk factors of development of peripheral diabetic neuropathy in type 2 diabetes mellitus in a tertiary care setting. J Diabetes Investig. 2014;5:714–21.
18. Lu B, Hu J, Wen J, Zhang Z, Zhou L, Li Y, et al. Determination of peripheral neuropathy prevalence and associated factors in Chinese subjects with diabetes and pre-diabetes - ShangHai Diabetic neuRopathy Epidemiology and Molecular Genetics Study (SH-DREAMS). PloS One. 2013;8:e61053.
19. Bouhassira D, Letanoux M, Hartemann A. Chronic pain with neuropathic characteristics in diabetic patients: a French cross-sectional study. PloS One. 2013;8:e74195.
20. Van Acker K, Bouhassira D, De Bacquer D, Weiss S, Matthys K, Raemen H, et al. Prevalence and impact on quality of life of peripheral neuropathy with or without neuropathic pain in type 1 and type 2 diabetic patients attending hospital outpatients clinics. Diabetes Metab. 2009;35:206–13.
21. Dyck PJ, Kratz KM, Karnes JL, Litchy WJ, Klein R, Pach JM, et al. The prevalence by staged severity of various types of diabetic neuropathy, retinopathy, and nephropathy in a population-based cohort: the Rochester Diabetic Neuropathy Study. Neurology. 1993;43:817–24.
22. Garoushi. Point prevalence of painful diabetic neuropathy in the Middle East and North Africa region: A systematic review with meta-analysis [Internet]. [cited 2021 Jan 18]. Available from: https://www.ljmsonline.com/article.asp?issn=2588-9044;year=2018;volume=2;issue=3;spage=85;epage=94;aulast=Garoushi
23. Kasim K, Nozha OA. PREVALENCE AND RISK FACTORS OF PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY IN DIABETIC PATIENTS ATTENDING PRINCE ABDUL AZIZ BIN MAJED DIABETES CENTRE IN MADINAH, SAUDI ARABIA. J Dis Glob Health. 2015;16–22.
24. Algeffari MA. Painful Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy among Saudi Diabetic Patients is Common but Under-recognized: Multicenter Cross-sectional study at primary health care setting. J Fam Community Med. 2018;25:43–7.
25. Stroup DF, Berlin JA, Morton SC, Olkin I, Williamson GD, Rennie D, et al. Meta-analysis of observational studies in epidemiology: a proposal for reporting. Meta-analysis Of Observational Studies in Epidemiology (MOOSE) group. JAMA. 2000;283:2008–12.
26. Moher D, Liberati A, Tetzlaff J, Altman DG, PRISMA Group. Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: the PRISMA statement. Ann Intern Med. 2009;151:264–9, W64.
27. DerSimonian R, Laird N. Meta-analysis in clinical trials. Control Clin Trials. 1986;7:177–88.
28. Egger M, Smith GD, Schneider M, Minder C. Bias in meta-analysis detected by a simple, graphical test. BMJ. 1997;315:629–34.
29. Begg CB, Mazumdar M. Operating characteristics of a rank correlation test for publication bias. Biometrics. 1994;50:1088–101.
30. Higgins JPT, Thompson SG, Deeks JJ, Altman DG. Measuring inconsistency in meta-analyses. BMJ. 2003;327:557–60.
31. Nielsen JV. Peripheral neuropathy, hypertension, foot ulcers and amputations among Saudi Arabian patients with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 1998;41:63–9.
32. Akbar DH, Mira SA, Zawawi TH, Malibary HM. Subclinical diabetic neuropathy: a common complication in Saudi diabetics. Saudi Med J. 2000;21:433–7.
33. Ahmed AA, Algamdi SA, Algurashi A, Alzhrani AM, Khalid KA. Risk factors for diabetic foot ulceration among patients attending primary health care services « Journal of Diabetic Foot Complications [Internet]. [cited 2021 Mar 3]. Available from: https://jdfc.org/spotlight/risk-factors-for-diabetic-foot-ulceration-among-patients-attending-primary-health-care-services/
34. Wang DD, Bakhotmah BA, Hu FB, Alzahrani HA. Prevalence and Correlates of Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy in a Saudi Arabic Population: A Cross-Sectional Study. PLoS ONE [Internet]. 2014 [cited 2021 Mar 3];9. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4153691/
35. Kasim K, Al Nozha O. Prevalence and risk factors of peripheral neuropathy in diabetic patients attending prince Abdul Aziz bin Majed Diabetes Centre in Madinah, Saudi Arabia. J Dis Glob Health. 2015;2:1–7.
36. Sheshah E, Algreeshah F, Al-Madani K, Al-Qaisi D, Madanat A. Diabetic peripheral neuropathy and sudomotor dysfunction in saudi patients with newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes mellitus. J Diabetes Metab Disord Control [Internet]. 2017 [cited 2021 Mar 3];Volume 4. Available from: https://medcraveonline.com/JDMDC/JDMDC-04-00108.pdf
37. Aljehani MM, Mohamed AM, Ali AH, Alhaeti HR, Alribh FM, Alharbi F, et al. Prevalence of Diabetic Complications in Relation to Risk Factors amongPatients with Type 2 Diabetes at University Hospital in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia [Internet]. undefined. 2019 [cited 2021 Mar 3]. Available from: /paper/Prevalence-of-Diabetic-Complications-in-Relation-to-Aljehani-Mohamed/e070cda015d9299ea1a2a840c03420b20f862fd5
38. Sendi RA, Mahrus AM, Saeed RM, Mohammed MA, Al-Dubai SAR. Diabetic peripheral neuropathy among Saudi diabetic patients: A multicenter cross-sectional study at primary health care setting. J Fam Med Prim Care. 2020;9:197–201.
39. Almohaysen AAALMAKKARHAAMAFAAHAAGM. Prevalence and risk factors of diabetic neuropathy in Qassim, Saudi Arabia. Majmaah J Health Sci. 2020;8:23–31.
40. Mojaddidi M, Moutasem A, Al Nozha MO, Elbab MF. Early Diagnosis of Diabetic Neuropathy in Almadinah Almunawwarah. J Taibah Univ Med Sci [Internet]. [cited 2021 Mar 3]; Available from: https://www.academia.edu/33614015/Early_Diagnosis_of_Diabetic_Neuropathy_in_Almadinah_Almunawwarah
41. Aleidan FA, Ahmad BA, Alotaibi FA, Aleesa DH, Alhefdhi NA, Badri M, et al. Prevalence and Risk Factors for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy Among Saudi Hospitalized Diabetic Patients: A Nested Case-Control Study</p> [Internet]. Vol. 13, International Journal of General Medicine. Dove Press; 2020 [cited 2021 Mar 3]. p. 881–9. Available from: https://www.dovepress.com/prevalence-and-risk-factors-for-diabetic-peripheral-neuropathy-among-s-peer-reviewed-article-IJGM
42. Khan AR, Al Abdul Lateef ZN, Fatima S, Al Yousuf SAA, Khan Afghan SZ, Al Marghani S. Prevalence of chronic complication among type 2 diabetics attending primary health care centers of Al Ahsa district of Saudi Arabia: a cross sectional survey. Glob J Health Sci. 2014;6:245–53.
43. Al-Tahan A. The pattern of peripheral neuropathy in Saudi Arabia: the experience at King Khalid University Hospital 1983-1990 | Virtual Health Sciences Library [Internet]. 2019 [cited 2021 Mar 3]. Available from: https://vlibrary.emro.who.int/imemr/the-pattern-of-peripheral-neuropathy-in-saudi-arabia-the-experience-at-king-khalid-university-hospital-1983-1990/
44. Sobhani S, Asayesh H, Sharifi F, Djalalinia S, Baradaran HR, Arzaghi SM, et al. Prevalence of diabetic peripheral neuropathy in Iran: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Diabetes Metab Disord. 2014;13:97.
45. Souza LR de, Debiasi D, Ceretta LB, Simões PW, Tuon L. Meta-Analysis And Meta-Regression Of The Prevalence Of Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy Among Patients With Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Int Arch Med [Internet]. 2016 [cited 2021 Feb 13];9. Available from: http://imed.pub/ojs/index.php/iam/article/view/1526
46. Tomic-Canic M, Brem H. Gene array technology and pathogenesis of chronic wounds. Am J Surg. 2004;188:67–72.
47. Won JC, Park TS. Recent Advances in Diagnostic Strategies for Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy. Endocrinol Metab Seoul Korea. 2016;31:230–8.
48. Liu X, Xu Y, An M, Zeng Q. The risk factors for diabetic peripheral neuropathy: A meta-analysis. PloS One. 2019;14:e0212574.
49. Moghtaderi A, Bakhshipour A, Rashidi H. Validation of Michigan neuropathy screening instrument for diabetic peripheral neuropathy. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2006;108:477–81.
50. Mythili A, Kumar KD, Subrahmanyam K a. V, Venkateswarlu K, Butchi RG. A Comparative study of examination scores and quantitative sensory testing in diagnosis of diabetic polyneuropathy. Int J Diabetes Dev Ctries. 2010;30:43–8.