1. Berhea TA, Belachew AB, Abreha GF. Knowledge and practice of Essential Newborn Care among postnatal mothers in Mekelle City, North Ethiopia: A population-based survey. PloS one. 2018;13(8):e0202542.
2. Kabwijamu L, Waiswa P, Kawooya V, Nalwadda CK, Okuga M, Nabiwemba EL. Newborn care practices among adolescent mothers in Hoima District, Western Uganda. PloS one. 2016;11(11):e0166405.
3. Wardlaw T, You D, Hug L, Amouzou A, Newby H. UNICEF Report: enormous progress in child survival but greater focus on newborns urgently needed. Reproductive health. 2014;11(1):1-4.
4. World Health O. Early essential newborn care: clinical practice pocket guide. Manila: WHO Regional Office for the Western Pacific; 2014.
5. World Health O. WHO recommendations on newborn health: guidelines approved by the WHO Guidelines Review Committee. World Health Organization; 2017.
6. Hug L, Alexander M, You D, Alkema L, for Child UNI-aG. National, regional, and global levels and trends in neonatal mortality between 1990 and 2017, with scenario-based projections to 2030: a systematic analysis. The Lancet Global Health. 2019;7(6):e710-e20.
7. Mersha A, Bante A, Shibiru S. Neonatal mortality and its determinates in public hospitals of Gamo and Gofa zones, southern Ethiopia: a prospective follow-up study. BMC pediatrics. 2019;19(1):1-8.
8. Waiswa P, Peterson S, Tomson G, Pariyo GW. Poor newborn care practices-a population-based survey in eastern Uganda. BMC pregnancy and childbirth. 2010;10(1):1-8.
9. Nations U. Transforming our world: The 2030 agenda for sustainable development. New York: United Nations, Department of Economic and Social Affairs. 2015.
10. Mpinga MS. Predictors of neonatal sepsis, among post-delivery mothers at Kitete regional referral hospital in Tabora region a cross-sectional study. 2019.
11. Yadav S, Saund M, Thakur J, Yadav P, Yadav S, Shah G. Knowledge, attitude, and practices on the care of the newborn in postnatal mothers delivering at a tertiary care center in Nepal. Sri Lanka Journal of Child Health. 2016;45(3).
12. Castalino F, Nayak BS, D'Souza A. Knowledge, and practices of postnatal mothers on newborn care in Tertiary care hospital of Udupi District. Nitte University Journal of health science. 2014;4(2):98.
13. Statistics UBo. National Population and Housing Census 2014 -Main Report. Uganda Bureau of Statistics; 2014. p. 1-105.
14. Israel GD. Determining sample size. 1-5. Belle Glade, FL: Univ of Florida. 2013.
15. Chichiabellu TY, Mekonnen B, Astawesegn FH, Demissie BW, Anjulo AA. Essential newborn care practices and associated factors among home delivered mothers in Damot pulasa Woreda, southern Ethiopia. Reproductive health. 2018;15(1):1-11.
16. Amolo L, Irimu G, Njai D. Knowledge of postnatal mothers on essential newborn care practices at the Kenyatta National Hospital: a cross sectional study. Pan African Medical Journal. 2017;28(1):159.
17. Al Ketbi MI, Al Noman S, Al Ali A, Darwish E, Al Fahim M, Rajah J. Knowledge, attitudes, and practices of breastfeeding among women visiting primary healthcare clinics on the island of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. International breastfeeding journal. 2018;13(1):1-14.
18. Batamuriza M, Uwingabire E, Oluyinka A. Essential Newborn Care Among Postnatal Mothers at Selected Health Centers in Eastern Province, Rwanda. Rwanda Journal of Medicine and Health Sciences. 2020;3(2):139-51.
19. Kayom VO, Kakuru A, Kiguli S. Newborn care practices among mother-infant dyads in urban Uganda. International journal of pediatrics. 2015;2015.
20. Kumola AM. Newborn care practices among postnatal mothers in Garissa County, Kenya. Kenyatta University. 2015.
21. Sacks E, Moss WJ, Winch PJ, Thuma P, van Dijk JH, Mullany LC. Skin, thermal and umbilical cord care practices for neonates in southern, rural Zambia: a qualitative study. BMC pregnancy and childbirth. 2015;15(1):1-11.
22. Sharkey A, Yansaneh A, Bangura PS, Kabano A, Brady E, Yumkella F, et al. Maternal and newborn care practices in Sierra Leone: a mixed-methods study of four underserved districts. Health policy and planning. 2017;32(2):151-62.
23. Kassahun G, Wakgari N, Abraham R. Patterns and predictive factors of unhealthy practice among mothers during pregnancy, childbirth, postnatal and newborn care in Southern Ethiopia: a community-based cross-sectional study. BMC research notes. 2019;12(1):1-6.
24. Mundagowa PT, Chadambuka EM, Chimberengwa PT, Mukora-Mutseyekwa F. Determinants of exclusive breastfeeding among mothers of infants aged 6 to 12 months in Gwanda District, Zimbabwe. International breastfeeding journal. 2019;14(1):1-8.
25. Udosen IE, Olaoye T, Okondu E, Udosen GE, Amaechi D. Knowledge and Attitude of Nursing Mothers towards Umbilical Cord Care in Calabar Metropolis, Cross River State. Asian Journal of Case Reports in Medicine and Health. 2019:1-16.
26. Mukunya D, Haaland MES, Tumwine JK, Tylleskar T, Nankabirwa V, Moland KM. “The cord is the child”: meanings and practices related to umbilical cord care in Central Uganda. BMC pediatrics. 2020;20(1):1-9.
27. Coffey PS, Brown SC. Umbilical cord-care practices in low-and middle-income countries: a systematic review. BMC pregnancy and childbirth. 2017;17(1):1-21.
28. Adigun AS, Olabisi AP, Ogbeye GB, Adigun Kehinde Mbbs F. New Born Care Practices and Knowledge of Risk Factors Associated with Neonatal Mortality among Post Natal Mothers in Ibadan. International Journal of Caring Sciences. 2018;11(2):1050-8.
29. Misgna HG, Gebru HB, Birhanu MM. Knowledge, practice and associated factors of essential newborn care at home among mothers in Gulomekada District, Eastern Tigray, Ethiopia, 2014. BMC pregnancy and childbirth. 2016;16(1):1-8.
30. Shamba D, Schellenberg J, Hildon ZJ-L, Mashasi I, Penfold S, Tanner M, et al. Thermal care for newborn babies in rural southern Tanzania: a mixed-method study of barriers, facilitators and potential for behaviour change. BMC pregnancy and childbirth. 2014;14(1):1-9.
31. Khan SM, Kim ET, Singh K, Amouzou A, Carvajal-Aguirre L. Thermal care of newborns: drying and bathing practices in Malawi and Bangladesh. Journal of global health. 2018;8(1).