1. Drzewiecki CM, Juraska JM. The structural reorganization of the prefrontal cortex during adolescence as a framework for vulnerability to the environment. Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior. 2020;199:173044.
2. Sfeir E, Geara C, Hallit S, Obeid S. Alexithymia, aggressive behavior and depression among Lebanese adolescents: A cross-sectional study. Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health. 2020;14(1):32.
3. Simon KM, Harris SK, Shrier LA, Bukstein OG. Measurement-Based Care in the Treatment of Adolescents with Substance Use Disorders. Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics. 2020;29(4):675-90.
4. Baker AE, Galván A. Threat or thrill? the neural mechanisms underlying the development of anxiety and risk taking in adolescence. Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience. 2020;45:100841.
5. Hutson E, Melnyk B, Hensley V, Sinnott LT. Childhood Bullying: Screening and Intervening Practices of Pediatric Primary Care Providers. Journal of Pediatric Health Care. 2019;33(6):e39-e45.
6. Kennedy RS. Gender differences in outcomes of bullying prevention programs: A meta-analysis. Children and Youth Services Review. 2020;119:105506.
7. Bjereld Y, Augustine L, Thornberg R. Measuring the prevalence of peer bullying victimization: Review of studies from Sweden during 1993–2017. Children and Youth Services Review. 2020;119:105528.
8. Radoman M, Akinbo FD, Rospenda KM, Gorka SM. The impact of startle reactivity to unpredictable threat on the relation between bullying victimization and internalizing psychopathology. Journal of Psychiatric Research. 2019;119:7-13.
9. Rai A, Agarwal UA. Examining fit perceptions and workplace bullying relationship: The moderating role of power distance orientation. IIMB Management Review. 2020;32(4):365-75.
10. Liu Q-Q, Yang X-J, Hu Y-T, Zhang C-Y. Peer victimization, self-compassion, gender and adolescent mobile phone addiction: Unique and interactive effects. Children and Youth Services Review. 2020;118:105397.
11. Austin L, Overton H, McKeever BW, Bortree D. Examining the rage donation trend: Applying the anger activism model to explore communication and donation behaviors. Public Relations Review. 2020;46(5):101981.
12. Berkout OV, Tinsley D, Flynn MK. A review of anger, hostility, and aggression from an ACT perspective. Journal of Contextual Behavioral Science. 2019;11:34-43.
13. Weeks BE, Kim DH, Hahn LB, Diehl TH, Kwak N. Hostile Media Perceptions in the Age of Social Media: Following Politicians, Emotions, and Perceptions of Media Bias. Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media. 2019;63(3):374-92.
14. Robinson MD, Traurig E, Klein RJ. On looking versus leaping: A situated multilevel approach to trait anger and the anger-aggression relationship. Personality and Individual Differences. 2020;164:110130.
15. Farah T, Ling S, Raine A, Yang Y, Schug R. Alexithymia and reactive aggression: The role of the amygdala. Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging. 2018;281:85-91.
16. Kokkinos CM, Karagianni K, Voulgaridou I. Relational aggression, big five and hostile attribution bias in adolescents. Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology. 2017;52:101-13.
17. Li X, Li B, Lu J, Jin L, Xue J, Che X. The relationship between alexithymia, hostile attribution bias, and aggression. Personality and Individual Differences. 2020;159:109869.
18. Gasse A, Kim WS, Gagnon J. Association between depression and hostile attribution bias in hostile and non-hostile individuals: An ERP study. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2020;276:1077-83.
19. Pabst A, Peyroux E, Rolland B, de Timary P, Maurage P. Hostile attributional bias in severe alcohol use disorder. Journal of Psychiatric Research. 2020;129:176-80.
20. Van Bockstaele B, van der Molen MJ, van Nieuwenhuijzen M, Salemink E. Modification of hostile attribution bias reduces self-reported reactive aggressive behavior in adolescents. Journal of Experimental Child Psychology. 2020;194:104811.
21. Nasby W, Hayden B, DePaulo BM. Attributional bias among aggressive boys to interpret unambiguous social stimuli as displays of hostility. Journal of Abnormal Psychology. 1980;89(3):459-68.
22. Schinckus L, Dangoisse F, Van den Broucke S, Mikolajczak M. When knowing is not enough: Emotional distress and depression reduce the positive effects of health literacy on diabetes self-management. Patient Education and Counseling. 2018;101(2):324-30.
23. Zhang J, Hua Y, Xiu L, Oei TP, Hu P. Resting state frontal alpha asymmetry predicts emotion regulation difficulties in impulse control. Personality and Individual Differences. 2020;159:109870.
24. Ferrell EL, Watford TS, Braden A. Emotion regulation difficulties and impaired working memory interact to predict boredom emotional eating. Appetite. 2020;144:104450.
25. Charak R, Byllesby BM, Fowler JC, Sharp C, Elhai JD, Frueh BC. Assessment of the revised Difficulties in Emotion Regulation Scales among adolescents and adults with severe mental illness. Psychiatry Research. 2019;279:278-83.
26. Malesza M. Stress and delay discounting: The mediating role of difficulties in emotion regulation. Personality and Individual Differences. 2019;144:56-60.
27. Sifneos PE. The Prevalence of ‘Alexithymic’ Characteristics in Psychosomatic Patients. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics. 1973;22(2-6):255-62.
28. Bergman MA, Vissers CTWM, Collard RM, van Eijndhoven P, Schene AH, Vrijsen JN. The Effect of Alexithymia on Attentional Bias Toward Emotional Stimuli in Depression: An Eye-Tracking Study. Frontiers in Psychiatry. 2021;11(1597).
29. Martínez-Sánchez F, Ato-García M, Adam EC, Huedo Medina TB, Selva España JJ. Stability in alexithymia levels: A longitudinal analysis on various emotional answers. Personality and Individual Differences. 1998;24(6):767-72.
30. Kafetsios K, Hess U. Seeing mixed emotions: Alexithymia, emotion perception bias, and quality in dyadic interactions. Personality and Individual Differences. 2019;137:80-5.
31. Pandey R, Saxena P, Dubey A. Emotion regulation difficulties in alexithymia and mental health. Europe’s Journal of Psychology. 2011;7(4):604-23.
32. Sivathasan S, Fernandes TP, Burack JA, Quintin E-M. Emotion processing and autism spectrum disorder: A review of the relative contributions of alexithymia and verbal IQ. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders. 2020;77:101608.
33. Choi EJ, Kim SJ, Kim HJ, Choi H-R, Lee S-A. Factors associated with alexithymia in adults with epilepsy. Epilepsy & Behavior. 2021;114:107582.
34. Christopoulos AL, Poulios A, Pavlopoulos V. The relationship between dimensions of mental health and alexithymia in multiple sclerosis patients. Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders. 2020;46:102525.
35. Herman AM, Pilcher N, Duka T. Deter the emotions: Alexithymia, impulsivity and their relationship to binge drinking. Addictive Behaviors Reports. 2020;12:100308.
36. Lane RD. Alexithymia 3.0: reimagining alexithymia from a medical perspective. BioPsychoSocial Medicine. 2020;14(1):21.
37. Hoffmann F, Banzhaf C, Kanske P, Gärtner M, Bermpohl F, Singer T. Empathy in depression: egocentric and altercentric biases and the role of alexithymia. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2016;199:23-9.
38. Ellis A, MacLaren C. Rational emotive behavior therapy: A therapist's guide. Atascadero, CA, US: Impact Publishers; 1998. 166- p.
39. Conway AM. Girls, Aggression, and Emotion Regulation. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry. 2005;75(2):334-9.
40. Zhu W, Chen Y, Xia L-X. Childhood maltreatment and aggression: The mediating roles of hostile attribution bias and anger rumination. Personality and Individual Differences. 2020;162:110007.
41. Gratz KL, Roemer L. Multidimensional Assessment of Emotion Regulation and Dysregulation: Development, Factor Structure, and Initial Validation of the Difficulties in Emotion Regulation Scale. Journal of Psychopathology and Behavioral Assessment. 2004;26(1):41-54.
42. Ghasemi h, Beyrami m, Vahedi s. The role of emotion regulation difficulty components in predicting academic procrastination. New Achievements in Humanities Studies. 2020;3(27):116-22.
43. Taylor GJ, Ryan D, Bagby RM. Toward the Development of a New Self-Report Alexithymia Scale. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics. 1985;44(4):191-9.
44. Chen J, Xu T, Jing J, Chan RCK. Alexithymia and emotional regulation: A cluster analytical approach. BMC Psychiatry. 2011;11(1):33.
45. Ghorbani N, Sh Bagheri H. The effectiveness of Satyr short-term family therapy on alexithymia and emotional maturity in divorced couples. Journal of Assessment and Research in Counseling and Psychology. 2021;3(3):33-44.
46. Coccaro E, Noblett K, McCloskey M. Attributional and emotional responses to socially ambiguous cues: Validation of a new assessment of social/emotional information processing in healthy adults and impulsive aggressive patients. Journal of psychiatric research. 2009;43:915-25.
47. Wang Y, Cao S, Dong Y, Xia L-X. Hostile attribution bias and angry rumination: A longitudinal study of undergraduate students. Plos one. 2019;14(5):e0217759.
48. Brunner TM, Spielberger CD. State-Trait Anger Expression Inventory -2 child and adolescent (STAXI-2 C/A) professional manual. by Psychological Assessment Resources, inc (PAR). 2009.
49. Heidari Nasab l, Barabadi a, Moghaddasin m. The Study Factor Structure of a Persian Version of the State-Trait Anger Expression Inventory-2 Child and Adolescent (STAXI-2 C/A) in Iranian sample. Educational Measurement. 2015;6(20):1-29.
50. Tabachnick BG, Fidell LS, Ullman JB. Using multivariate statistics: Pearson Boston, MA; 2007.
51. Hu Lt, Bentler PM. Cutoff criteria for fit indexes in covariance structure analysis: Conventional criteria versus new alternatives. Structural Equation Modeling: A Multidisciplinary Journal. 1999;6(1):1-55.
52. Kawabata Y, Crick NR, Hamaguchi Y. The association of relational and physical victimization with hostile attribution bias, emotional distress, and depressive symptoms: A cross-cultural study. Asian Journal of Social Psychology. 2013;16(4):260-70.
53. Shaver PR, Mikulincer M. Adult attachment and emotion regulation. Handbook of emotion regulation, 2nd ed. New York, NY, US: The Guilford Press; 2014. p. 237-50.
54. Ersan C. Physical aggression, relational aggression and anger in preschool children: The mediating role of emotion regulation. The Journal of General Psychology. 2020;147(1):18-42.
55. Garofalo C, Velotti P, Zavattini GC. Emotion regulation and aggression: The incremental contribution of alexithymia, impulsivity, and emotion dysregulation facets. Psychology of Violence. 2018;8(4):470-83.
56. Velotti P, Garofalo C, Petrocchi C, Cavallo F, Popolo R, Dimaggio G. Alexithymia, emotion dysregulation, impulsivity and aggression: A multiple mediation model. Psychiatry Research. 2016;237:296-303.
57. Hiemstra W, De Castro BO, Thomaes S. Reducing Aggressive Children’s Hostile Attributions: A Cognitive Bias Modification Procedure. Cognitive Therapy and Research. 2019;43(2):387-98.