Carpenter C. R.,
DesPain B. ,
Keeling T. N.,
Shah M. and
Rothenberger M. The Six-Item Screener and AD8 for the Detection of Cognitive Impairment in Geriatric Emergency Department Patients
Ann Emerg Med. 2011 57: 653-661.
2. Inouye SK, Studenski S, Tinetti ME, et al. Geriatric syndromes clinical, research, and policy implications of a core geriatric concept. J Am Geratr Soc. 2007; 55:780-791
3. Sauvaget C, Yamada M, Fujiwara S, Sasaki H Dementia as a Predictor of Functional Disability: A Four-Year Follow-Up Study: Gerontology 2002;48:226-233
4. Alish C.: The Connection between Malnutrition and Cognitive Decline in Older Adults: Abbott Nutrition Health Institute Science. Institute
5.Saka B, Kaya O, Ozturk GB, Erten N, Karan MA
Malnutrition in the elderly and its relationship with other geriatric syndromes: Clinical nutrition, 2010 454-462. 16
Hellström Y. Malnutrition and cognitive impairment among people 60 years of age and above living in regular housing and in special housing in Sweden: a population-based cohort study.
Int J Nurs Stud. 2011 Jul;48(7):863-71
7.Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communication, Statistics Bureau.
"Japan Statistical Yearbook, Chapter 2: Population and Households". Retrieved 13 January 2016.
8.Cabinet Office, Government of Japan, Statistics Bureau. Available at:
http://www8.cao.go.jp/kourei/whitepaper/w-2017/html/gaiyou/s1_2_3.html (in Japanese)
9.Japanese Nursing Association, “Nursing for the older people in Japan” Available at:
10.LaMantia M, Stump T, Messina F, Miller D, Callahan C; Emergency Department Use Among Older Adults with Dementia Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord. 2016 Jan-Mar; 30(1): 35–40.
11. George J, Long S, Vincent C.: How can we keep patients with dementia safe in our acute hospitals? A review of challenges and solutions.
J R Soc Med. 2013 Sep;106(9):355-61.
12. Wilber ST, Carpenter CR, Hustey FM. The Six-Item Screener to detect cognitive impairment in older emergency department patients. Acad. Emerg. Med. 2008; 15:613-616.
13. Guigoz Y. The Mini-Nutritional Assessment (MNA®) Review of the Literature - What does it tell us? J Nutr Health Aging 2006; 10:466-487.
14. Allen VJ, Methven L, Gosney MA.: Use of nutritional complete supplements in older adults with dementia: systematic review and meta-analysis of clinical outcomes.
Clin Nutr. 2013 Dec;32(6):950-7.
15.Orsitto G, Fulvio F, Tria D, Turi V, Venezia A, Manca C. Nutritional status in hospitalized elderly patients with mild cognitive impairment. Clin Nutr. 2/2009 2009;28(1):100-102.
16. Orlandoni P., Claudia Venturini, Nikolina Jukic Peladic, Annarita Costantini, Mirko Di Rosa: Malnutrition upon Hospital Admission in Geriatric Patients: Why Assess It?
Front Nutr. 2017; 4: 50. Published online 2017 Oct 30
17. Yamamoto H., Ogawa K., Battifora H.H., Yamamuro K and Ishitake T.: Assessment and Clinical Implications of Cognitive Impairment in Acutely Ill Geriatric Patients using a Revised Simplified Short-Term Memory Recall Test (STMT-R) Aging Clin Exp Res, March 2019, Volume 31,
Issue 3, pp 345-351
18. Kobayashi N., Nakano K., Tago H. and Niwa S.: Development of a simplified Short-Term Memory recall Test (STMT) and its clinical evaluation, Aging Clin Exp Res, 2010; 22: 157-163.
Daradkeh G. ,
Waly M.I.: Nutritional Status and Cognitive Impairment in Elderly Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences 2014 Vol.17(10): 1098 – 1105
20. Vellas B, Villars H, Abellan G, et al. Overview of the MNA® - Its History and Challenges. J Nutr Health Aging 2006; 10:456-465.
21. Rubenstein LZ, Harker JO, Salva A, Guigoz Y, Velas B. Screening for Undernutrition in Geriatric Practice: Developing the Short-Form Mini Nutritional Assessment (MNA-SF). J. Geront 2001;56A: M366-377.
22. Wells JL, Dumbrell AC: Assessment and Treatment of Compromised Nutritional Status in Frail Elderly Patients Clin. Interv. Aging 2006 Mar; 1(1): 67-79.
23. Hickson M.: Malnutrition and ageing Postgrad Med J. 2006 Jan; 82(963): 2-8
Woo J.: Functional decline in cognitive impairment--the relationship between physical and cognitive function
25. Ahmed T, Haboubi N.: Assessment and management of nutrition in older people and its importance to health.
Clin Interv Aging. 2010 Aug 9;5:207-16
Caruso C. et al: Relationship between cognitive impairment and nutritional assessment on functional status in Calabrian long-term-care
Clin Interv Aging. 2014; 9: 105-110.
27. Sands LP, Yaffe K, Lui LY, Stewart A, Eng C, Covinsky K.: The effects of acute illness on ADL decline over 1 year in frail older adults with and without cognitive impairment.
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2002; 57: M449-54.
28. Martin C.R. and Preedy V. R.: Diet and Nutrition in Dementia and Cognitive Decline Book 2015
29. Engelhart S. and Brummer R.: Assessment of nutritional status in the elderly: a proposed function-driven model Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Food & Nutrition Research
30. Allen VJ, Methven L, Gosney MA. Use of nutritional complete supplements in older adults with dementia: Systematic review and meta-analysis of clinical outcomes. Clin Nutr. Dec 2013;32(6):950-957.
31. Pivi G.A., Bertolucci P.H., Schultz R.R.: Nutrition in Severe Dementia
Curr Gerontol Geriatr Res. 2012; 2012:983056.
32. Volkert D, Chourdakis M, Faxen-Irving G, Frühwald T, Landi F, Suominen MH,
Vandewoude M, Wirth R, Schneider SM.: ESPEN guidelines on nutrition in dementia.
Clin Nutr. 2015 Dec;34(6):1052-73
33. Carpenter CR, Bassett ER, Fischer GM, Shirshekan J, Galvin JE, Morris JC.: Four sensitive screening tools to detect cognitive dysfunction in geriatric emergency department patients: brief Alzheimer's Screen, Short Blessed Test, Ottawa 3DY, and the caregiver-completed AD8.
Acad Emerg Med. 2011 Apr;18(4):374-84
34. Hustey FM, Meldon SW, Smith MD, Lex CK. The effect of mental status screening on the care of elderly emergency department patients. Ann Emerg Med. 2003;41(5):678–84.
35. Edwards DF, Baum CM, Meisel M, et al. Home-based multidisciplinary diagnosis and treatment of inner city elders with dementia. Gerontologist. 1999;39(4):483–8.